Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is there... anything else you like about the Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

He loves it so much that instead of playing it, hes on here constantly going on about how much slabbers hes dribbled over himself because of it.

I've never even met an Apple fanboy as irritating as this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm not going to call it Xbone. Sounds dumb. What do you prefer? I don't see myself going with anything else, honestly.

How about the "Xbox One" :pac:
    The "one" is just confusing. Too common a word. "I was playing my one". Your one what?
    Xbone is the handiest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is there... anything else you like about the Xbox One?

Battlefield 4 with all my Xbox One squad.
    Dead rising 3.
    Forza - I am trying to work on my road rage :D
    I love the controller.
    Netflix - Xbox style - voice commands.
    Youtube app.
    Twitch app - Watching the full twitch app again in Xbox style :D.
    Upload studio for editing my clips - It still needs work but a step in the right direction.

Magill wrote: »
    He loves it so much that instead of playing it, hes on here constantly going on about how much slabbers hes dribbled over himself because of it.

What if I am both :pac:

titanfall lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sometimes I think FPS fans do not realise that some people have no interest in the genre and actually play other genres of games, imagine a world where every game released on a console was an FPS, *shudders* :pac:

*yes I know some would love a world like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I couldn't help but counter troll for a bit of fun :pac: The same image viewed using the Xbox one looks like this :P

12620018514_e154c2bcf7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

This is probably an opinion that has been expressed multiple times in this thread already.

I feel like the Playstation 4 has the edge in this generation. It seems like more of a gaming console, whereas the Xbox One seems like a multimedia system with gaming functionality tacked on to it. This is coming from someone who had an Xbox 360 from launch as well, so it's not an opinion based on brand loyalty or 'fanboyism'.

The Xbox One is to this generation what the Playstation 3 was to the last generation, from my own perspective at least. The console that focuses solely on the gaming element above all else will always get the nod from me (and most other gamers from what it seems), I don't care for all the frilly addons, I probably won't end up caring about them too much anyway.

Exclusives don't really sell a console for me either, most exclusives end up having an exclusive from the other console matching it in some way.

That said, I won't actually be joining either side for some time, I don't have a need for a next-gen console at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Magill wrote: »

And he constantly gives out about "fanboys". I doubt Bill Gates and poxy Major Nelson combined would talk the xbone up as much :D

Cienciano wrote: »
    And he constantly gives out about "fanboys". I doubt Bill Gates and poxy Major Nelson combined would talk the xbone up as much :D
    Well, at least I can say I am an Xbox fan :D
    Fanboy, not at all, that's me just keeping the fire going with PS4 users here :D

I am surprised many of you haven't noticed me talking about the great things on PS4 and even the pictures I have actually posted playing it :eek:

I am doing a PC build in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This article from Polygon sums up exactly why I won't be buying an Xbox One until Microsoft stops trying to force everyone to pay an extra €100 for a camera peripheral that almost no-one wants.

It's not all about power. The PS4 may have the graphical edge over the Xbox One, but so did the original Xbox when it came to the PS2 and the PS2 was an infinitely better console. No, my big problem with buying an Xbox One is the fact that I resent being asked to fork over an extra €100 for a peripheral that has yet to prove it's worth my time and has no games worth playing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This article from Polygon sums up exactly why I won't be buying an Xbox One until Microsoft stops trying to force everyone to pay an extra €100 for a camera peripheral that almost no-one wants.

It's not all about power. The PS4 may have the graphical edge over the Xbox One, but so did the original Xbox when it came to the PS2 and the PS2 was an infinitely better console. No, my big problem with buying an Xbox One is the fact that I resent being asked to fork over an extra €100 for a peripheral that has yet to prove it's worth my time and has no games worth playing on it.

Awaiting for "BUT VOICE COMMANDS ARE AWESOME AND WELL WORTH HAVING KINECT ALONE!!!!!" comment.

*I guess a very simple microphone would do the same job and cost quite a bit less then 100eu... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

G.J. wrote: »
    This is probably an opinion that has been expressed multiple times in this thread already.

I feel like the Playstation 4 has the edge in this generation. It seems like more of a gaming console, whereas the Xbox One seems like a multimedia system with gaming functionality tacked on to it. This is coming from someone who had an Xbox 360 from launch as well, so it's not an opinion based on brand loyalty or 'fanboyism'.

The Xbox One is to this generation what the Playstation 3 was to the last generation, from my own perspective at least. The console that focuses solely on the gaming element above all else will always get the nod from me (and most other gamers from what it seems), I don't care for all the frilly addons, I probably won't end up caring about them too much anyway.

Exclusives don't really sell a console for me either, most exclusives end up having an exclusive from the other console matching it in some way.

That said, I won't actually be joining either side for some time, I don't have a need for a next-gen console at the moment.

That's all well and good, but TITANFALL dude. :P

that's me just keeping the fire going with PS4 users here :D

I think the flint is worn down on your only lighter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

played for an hour their on the pc, love it, too bad I am ****e at k+m but looks beautiful and runs quite smoothly , had an fps drop at one point but I think thats my computers fault.

mainly on xbox one, day one purchase from me if the fun keeps up :D just hope more gametypes are added over time

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Benzino wrote: »
    That's all well and good, but TITANFALL dude. :P

Yeah, it looks like a standard FPS from what I've seen so far, and it's available on PC anyway, so it's not really an exclusive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Polygon are such Microsoft fanboys!..... Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Polygon are such Microsoft fanboys!..... Oh wait...

In fairness though who can you trust? Majority of critics are biased or money has exchanged hands.

irishmover wrote: »
    In fairness though who can you trust? Majority of critics are biased or money has exchanged hands.

Not many were given $750000 by Microsoft to fund a documentary about their own website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »
    Not many were given $750000 by Microsoft to fund a documentary about their own website.

Which was pretty much like accepting money for advertising. They do some good stuff and have some ex 1up staffers that write great articles.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Which was pretty much like accepting money for advertising. They do some good stuff and have some ex 1up staffers that write great articles.

I agree, I think they have made quite an improvement in the last few months, but they were very shady at the beginning.

It's a good deal for Microsoft, not for anyone else

Pretty much how I feel about the Kinect, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was / still am a critic of kinect, it would be a great piece of hardware if it actually worked as intended with that level of 'minority report' interaction and accuracy, in it's defence it is exceptionally good for skype but thats not much of a defence really as pc web cams half the price do that just as well don't they.

How many AAA titles that are not sports/fitness related are in development by 3rd party studios that will utilise it in a meaning full none gimmicky way :confused: /tumbleweed

It's kinect for 360 all over again, could have used the cost of it to bundle one of the new stereo headsets instead and had voice controls with that on One.

They can trot out the line "early days" "great stuff is in the works" etc but I'm not buying it, case of getting a One with some lovely magic beans I fear. That said the article above from Polygon really only trots out what we knew in May or June of last year, nobody (or very few I'd hope) got a one not knowing what they were saying in that article, all that said the piece did remind me Harmonix do have a kinect title in the works , and the Dance central games were probably the better of the 360 kinect titles by quiet some distance, eh hem not that I've ever played them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

Anyways, the likes of Rust and Day Z make consoles totally irrelevant to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cliff-bleszinski-i-d-like-to-think-there-s-more-to-my-creativity-than-gears-of-war/1100-6417807/

Veteran game designer Cliff Bleszinski has said he's lost all interest in making disc-based games.

In a fascinating new interview with Gamasutra, the former Gears of War designer spoke passionately of how he'd want his next title to take advantage of vibrant PC communities that allow a more direct, ongoing relationship with players.

The more recognisable method of publishing games, Bleszinski says, is no more. "The whole 'old guard,' where you get a Game Informer cover and an E3 reveal, is dead," he said. "I'll never make another disc-based game for the rest of my career, and [at E3] they're trying to woo buyers from Target and Walmart?"

Bleszinski revealed that he's currently addicted to PC hit Rust, and mentions how it eschews conventional understanding that developers need to excessively tutor their players.

"In these games the new user experience is utter ****, and it's okay," he said. "There are two lessons people have not learned from Minecraft: Get the game out there and build it. Some kid will put out a video. Players will teach each other. You don't need the 'press A to jump'."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Colonial wrote: »
    Anyways, the likes of Rust and Day Z make consoles totally irrelevant to me :D

Rust is coming to the PS4 and Xbox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Blazer wrote: »
    Rust is coming to the PS4 and Xbox :)

With pc moding community. Console rust will never ever live up to Pc version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

With pc moding community. Console rust will never ever live up to Pc version.

Minecraft comes to mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement