Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Then the Xbox One plans were announced and everything changed. The people at Microsoft say that the game doesn't fit in the strategy of the new console, that they are looking for "connected experiences" and the social factor. Rime didn't fit because it was a single-player game, a very traditional game experience.
    Just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's no Titanfall, though.

Rime does look like a mix between Journey and Ico, which would be gaming heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What game would you consider to be PS4's Titanfall?

as in a hit game that will be only on PS4. Doesn't have to be a FPS, any genre of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

as in a hit game that will be only on PS4. Doesn't have to be a FPS, any genre of game.

Infamous... can't wait for it.

• Advertisement

Indeed. Infamous games are fantastic in my opinion.

Planetside 2 (console exclusive) excites me more than Titanfall ever could, but I'm yet to try both.

Mech suits, you say?!
    NCmax2-610x271.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Running rust on new consoles is not an issue at all. Shockingly enough it runs good enough on mediocre pc.
    In my opinion at some cases it looks jaw dropping too. There are some serious technology behind that game, but nothing that consoles could not do.

Problem will be with community and mod support. Right now mods are not as "drastic " in rust as let's say in minecraft, but Rust is not out as long as minecraft too. I totally agree that rust is still great even with no mods, but knowing what sort of **** is possible to pull out on pc moding - I expect Mcgyver type self made helicopter and 4x4 anytime soon :pac:

I am glad it is coming to console too, more money to Dev, the better. Rust creators deserve every cent for it.

The community is terrible, they're all assholes and the chat is full of accusation of cheating. The mods for DayZ for a similar online game just fill it with crap to the point that it plays completely differently and loses a intrinsic part of what made DayZ great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The obvious would be Uncharted. Sure, we know nothing about it, but it's ND so you know it's gonna be good!

But yeah, Infamous and PlanetSide 2 if I were to pick a game closer to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Yeah Planetside 2 when it launched got a 9.0 off IGN, after a year on PC it's a much smoother experience and they've listened to community feedback to substantially improve gameplay. I loved it on PC and can't wait for the console release especially with more Continents (gigantic maps) to be released.

And the best of all it's free to play with no subscription :D

I feel the Free To Play games on PS4 don't get enough attention. Free to download and play, no PsPlus subscription needed to get them, or play online.

Warthunder and WarFrame are both excellent games. DC Universe Online is fun with friends, and the Blacklight Beta is decent for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Grayditch wrote: »
    Indeed. Infamous games are fantastic in my opinion.

Planetside 2 (console exclusive) excites me more than Titanfall ever could, but I'm yet to try both.

Mech suits, you say?!
    NCmax2-610x271.jpg

I hope that even if characters/progress is separate there is a least a transfer option at release, I've spent a load of money on both my MAX, the tanks, and some weapons (SMGs & Commissioner).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I don't think either console has a game that makes them a must have platform. With titanfall being on the PC and 360, it already has a very large install base and unless it offers something radically different on the XBone compared to the other platfroms picking up the xbone version is not a necessity. There really isn't a game out there at the moment that is making me think I need either an XBone or a PS4.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Warthunder and WarFrame are both excellent games. DC Universe Online is fun with friends, and the Blacklight Beta is decent for a while.

I actually really like Warthunder but I haven't played it since Christmas for some reason.

For some reason I never got annoyed at it.. very odd for an online game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Planetside 2 isn't quite the same as titanfall. Yes it has mech suits and the ability to jump around as infantry but there is so much more to it than that. Also the assault class in PS2 has a jetpack rather than crazy free running abilities. But its excellent and all PS4 people should get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MadYaker wrote: »
    Planetside 2 isn't quite the same as titanfall. Yes it has mech suits and the ability to jump around as infantry but there is so much more to it than that. Also the assault class in PS2 has a jetpack rather than crazy free running abilities. But its excellent and all PS4 people should get it!

If I am correct PS2 can do a little bit better then 6v6 in player count. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Naughty Dog. Titanfall isn't even xbox one only so it doesn't count. Forza or Ryse does.

Xenji wrote: »
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Definitely looking forward to it but I'm not sure it could be looked at the same way as Titanfall.. it wouldn't exactly be considered a system seller.

Same way I'm really looking forward to The Witness and Rime etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

RasTa wrote: »
    Naughty Dog. Titanfall isn't even xbox one only so it doesn't count. Forza or Ryse does.

I think Forza had the potential to be a great game. Sadly they stripped it back to make sure it was out for launch and then saddled it with stupid micro transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Video here http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17367-Metal-Gear-Solid-V--Ground-Zeroes-Vid-Compares-Current-and-Next-Gen-Versions.html

Showing MGS:Ground Zeros running on all 4 systems at the same time, switches down to 1/2 and 1/4 speed at one point too, can't embed it sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tok9 wrote: »
    Definitely looking forward to it but I'm not sure it could be looked at the same way as Titanfall.. it wouldn't exactly be considered a system seller.

Same way I'm really looking forward to The Witness and Rime etc.

They're system sellers to me: both because of the prestige of the developers (Braid and Dear Esther would tower over most AAA offerings in terms of my favourite games) but also because of what they represent. There's no doubt this generation will offer a whole bunch of fun, big budget and exciting shooters and the like, but to me what's most thrilling is how Sony have vocally opened up their store, encouraging and even actively supporting developers to get their more imaginative, offbeat titles to players. It's where Microsoft IMO have most badly fumbled, although the likes of D4 and Below are hopefully signs of things to come.

I'm excited to play Titanfall, but to me it's the sort of big budget brain candy that I can really enjoy but doesn't really think gaming as we know it in completely new and experimental directions. I have room in my life for all types of games, but the last few years I've found myself falling for modest independent games far more than big, expensive blockbusters. And, above all, having The Chinese Room or Jonathan Blow or the guys behind Hotline Miami on board so vocally is far more encouraging IMO than any number of AAA titles.

I'm just looking at that Dear Esther game now, actually. Not too a bad selection of games for Mac on Steam. Technically still not a PC gamer, though right?! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm fairly sure Dear Esther is part of one of the humble bundles at the moment? Maybe the weekly sale.

The only computer I have at the moment is my five year old MacBook and honestly it serves me very well for keeping track of the PC gaming scene. Sometimes you have to wait a little while for the port to be released, but they almost invariably arrive. Increasingly there's no wait at all - had the joy of being able to play through Jazzpunk already. And then there's the humble bundle, going above and beyond the call of duty for Mac and Linux gaming. I was despairing the lack of a Mac version of the Swapper during the Christmas sale, and what'd y'know the port popped up in the latest bundle last night :)

Yeah, I miss the occasional title Id like to play (mostly graphically intensive ones - I'd have loved to give the Titanfall beta a whirl) but a vast majority of the games I'm interested in now show up on Mac, which is a huge change from even a year or two ago. Linux is coming along nicely too, with Valve playing a big role there.

You'd still be crazy to pick up a Mac for gaming purposes alone - at the very least you'd want to partition it - but those if us who use OSX anyway are increasingly well served.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If it ever comes out, The Last Guardian.

F1ngers wrote: »
    If it ever comes out, The Last Guardian.

Oh Christ... seriously. It's been mentioned in two threads in one day!

No one is allowed mention that game anymore :(

Unless we see something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RasTa wrote: »

I never heard of a game called Naughty Dog on PS4 :P

In relation to this thread we are talking about (PS4 or Xbox One) so the question does count.

What are you looking forward to on PS4 that's not on XB1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I never heard of a game called Naughty Dog :P

In relation to this thread we are talking about (PS4 or Xbox One) so the question does count.

What are you looking forward to on PS4 that's not on XB1?

Uncharted and whatever they come out with will be great. Their track record is pristine.

They're system sellers to me

I agree with everything you said johnny but I would say we are in the minority here, possibly not on boards but in terms of the majority of people who buy a console for there 1-2 annual games a year.

I'm fairly sure Dear Esther is part of one of the humble bundles at the moment? Maybe the weekly sale.

Nice one for that, I got Dear Esther and 3 others for €4.50 instead of €8 on Steam :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

jenjenten wrote: »
    ^ thats not "fanboyisn" but pure facts.

Yeah, but it's been pointed out numerous times already and by others.
    So why do it again except to tick people off.
    Not good manners tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement