Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

MadYaker wrote: »
    Planetside 2 isn't quite the same as titanfall. Yes it has mech suits and the ability to jump around as infantry but there is so much more to it than that. Also the assault class in PS2 has a jetpack rather than crazy free running abilities. But its excellent and all PS4 people should get it!

They're very different games.

MMOFPS is a different genre to FPS. Wouldn't be fair to compare the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

irishmover wrote: »
    They're very different games.

MMOFPS is a different genre to FPS. Wouldn't be fair to compare the two.

Maybe to the old planetside where the game was rolling dice and calculating stats in the backround but the only difference is the games don't end and you can jump between maps on the same server.

I wouldn't be comparing them as the are different, but the MMO side of it is not what differentiates them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I never heard of a game called Naughty Dog on PS4 :P

In relation to this thread we are talking about (PS4 or Xbox One) so the question does count.

What are you looking forward to on PS4 that's not on XB1?

Of course it counts, you can't name a game that's out on the PC and 360.

Reverse to you so, name a game only on Xbox 1, that's not on any other device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Titanfall seems fun as hell, I really like the way you move with the wall runs, double jumps and the like. The cloak ability to hide from the titans is also a cool idea. Got a surprise when I found I could grab onto the backs of them and hitch a ride/break open the panel on an enemy and blast away. The housemate has the beta and we knocked a fair bit of fun out of it, It's like some strange futuristic Shadowrun (the online only one) mixed with the mechs out of Lost Planet but with CODs control scheme and Halos double jump ha ha :v

Not convinced its the great system seller its being made out to be. Out of the four people I know with xbox ones only one of them is still playing the beta, but I liked it a lot. If that counts for anything. Which it probably doesn't. Be nice if it did. Does it?

To the above question I personally think Sunset Overdrive is the only exclusive that looks hella good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

RasTa wrote: »

I want to see how good D4 turns out to be. Well, that's true of Quantum Break, too, but I have high hopes for D4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Battlefield 4 :D
    You didnt answer my question so I wont answer yours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Would you all kindly stop the point scoring please? Its a chore to read.

Discussion not bickering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The typical disagreement here is some of the worst I've seen, I don't remember the PS3/360 or PS2/Xbox/GC releases being so unpleasant and prone to trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The typical disagreement here is some of the worst I've seen, I don't remember the PS3/360 or PS2/Xbox/GC releases being so unpleasant and prone to trolling.

I think that is due to poor or blocked memory then!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I ended up with almost all the consoles and talked about what I did and didn't like about either. The Xbox One hasn't shown enough for me to pay €500 for a second console yet, though, and my arm's not even that hard to twist. This time next year, hopefully they'll have gotten their act together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's more that the same points are being made again and again with little new discussion.
    We know there are those who favour the individual formats and key releases on same, and those who have waxed lyrical about the limits of the alternative console choices, it could, and has, gone on for an age.
    So, at this point, is there anything new to say about the PS4 and XB1?
    Maybe, as new releases based on more capable SDK find their way into the marketplace we'll at least begin to see the true capabilities of the new machines.
    But until then, this thread would appear to simply circle around the same old same old, frame rates, resolutions, exclusives, kinect 2 and sales reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 xfireblade

Grayditch wrote: »
    I ended up with almost all the consoles and talked about what I did and didn't like about either. The Xbox One hasn't shown enough for me to pay €500 for a second console yet, though, and my arm's not even that hard to twist. This time next year, hopefully they'll have gotten their act together.

and the ps4 has? much better games on xbone

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnr3

Getting Xbox One with Fifa, Forza, BF4, and cod ghost. In March I'll get Titanfall.

I'm waiting for Titanfall too.

xfireblade wrote: »
    and the ps4 has? much better games on xbone

I can write out all the things that made me chose a PS4 before an Xbox One, and then be called a fanboy or something. It's very subjective when talking about which consoles have the best games, and kinda pointless to do it now when there's not much out.

So short answer, the current selection of games on either wasn't a deciding factor, nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's more that the same points are being made again and again with little new discussion.
    We know there are those who favour the individual formats and key releases on same, and those who have waxed lyrical about the limits of the alternative console choices, it could, and has, gone on for an age.
    So, at this point, is there anything new to say about the PS4 and XB1?
    Maybe, as new releases based on more capable SDK find their way into the marketplace we'll at least begin to see the true capabilities of the new machines.
    But until then, this thread would appear to simply circle around the same old same old, frame rates, resolutions, exclusives, kinect 2 and sales reports.

So... I guess this thread has run it's course for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm pretty sure it ran it's course a long time ago :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

I keep reading it as X-bone.

That's my only complaint.

I wonder what this could be

Yt9de5n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

irishmover wrote: »
    So... I guess this thread has run it's course for now?

Its not about how long or how much or new content this thread provided. Its about control. Having all the fanboys in one boat is a lot more easier to control then have you all running around freely all over forums! :pac:

PaRappa The Rapper... kart racing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yt9de5n.jpg

Legend of Dragoon 2 confirmed. (God I hope not, **** that ****ty game)

Everytime a magazine runs crap like this it's always a let down. Even if it's something big it will probably be years off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grayditch wrote: »
    PaRappa The Rapper... kart racing.

Man, I'd so buy a PS4 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thought it was going to be a Sony ip coming to the PS4, but that sounds like it's something else.

Mario coming to PS!

It's inconceivable. And I'd probably be quite sad about that, and I'm not 100% sure why. I have a PS4 and I love Mario. But everything...it it's right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Mario coming to PS!
    Really? Any more to the story? I'm in work and pretty much every gaming site is blocked. Would love to see mario kart on the ps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I bet it's something like God of War.

A series confirmed for PS4, so that could be any PS Series. It could be God Of War, or Uncharted 4, if that hasn't already been officially confirmed, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Its not about how long or how much or new content this thread provided. Its about control. Having all the fanboys in one boat is a lot more easier to control then have you all running around freely all over forums! :pac:

:p - you make it sound like we all just escaped from a lunatic asylum!

• Advertisement

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/02/20/microsoft-wont-rush-gears-of-war-onto-xbox-one
    Microsoft has warned fans that Black Tusk Studios will not be rushing out its first entry in the Gears of War franchise, as the studio wants to make sure it evolves the series' gameplay.

Please, take your time :pac: Seriously, though, fair play to them of they do actually change the recipe and make something refreshing with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement