Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value game you have played.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Borderlands 2. The clock is showing just over 6 days played (and that's probably a pittance compared to some of the grinders on this forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Freespace 2
    X-wing vs tie fighter plus expansions.
    Fallout 2
    TF2
    the original dota.

and the worst would be: Eve online, wasted so much time on this, terrible, don't start it (runs off to re-subscribe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

World of Warcraft and Battlefield 2/3. My time played is somewhat scary.

Wow was 12.99 per month, but for the amount of hours I played the game this worked out fairly cheap :P

The Battlefield series works out so much better due to lack of subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

There have been quite a few that it is difficult to know which of the following were best value per hour played

Civ 2,
    Guild wars,
    Elder scrolls Oblivion,
    Burnout paradise
    Fallout NV.

I put at over 100 hours into each of them. The exact time I don't know as I played Civ2 back in 1998 and I am still playing Fallout NV. I think if you had a series, it would definitely be the civilsation series though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Counterstrike and Team Fortress 2 = bajillion hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Best value would have to be a game from back in the days when making copies and passing them around to friends was rife. I had lots of PC games which I got for free which I put loads of time into. Rome Total War springs to mind first.

Since I became honest (and DRM became impenetrable and ubiquitous) it would have to be Left for Dead 2. Got it for a tenner from Amazon about a year after its release and have around 300 hours on Steam. Still play it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Well, best value for time was Runescape.. ~15/ euro for 2300 hours (~96 days)
    But that was purely addiction, and regret it so much.. Oblivion as well, currently on my 3rd copy as I broke 2, all for 30 euro including expansions..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Minecraft - €10 (I think) and hundreds and hundreds of hours played at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Where to start..

Football manager series - The weeks of my life I have sunk into these games over the years.. Madness! I now can't let myself buy them for fear that I may fail college.

Counter Strike: Source - Many hours played in the local gaming cafe before it closed down.. All those LAN games were some of the best fun I've ever had on a PC game. Still play it now.

Left4Dead - Same as above, but at home on Skype to friends. Working as a team while screaming at my friends to save me from a smoker..

Age of Empires II - So many LAN nights in my buddies house. We'd all bring over our computers, a few alcoholic beverages, and play all night long.. Leave the next morning at 8am and get a hot chicken roll on the way home. Then sleep all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

D wrote: »
    Freespace 2
    X-wing vs tie fighter plus expansions.
    Fallout 2
    TF2
    the original dota.

and the worst would be: Eve online, wasted so much time on this, terrible, don't start it (runs off to re-subscribe)

Eve is one of those games that takes too long to do things. You end up station spinning or waiting for fleets rather than playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Civilisation IV, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3
    Each one has had over 100 hours sunk into it...

For a cheap deal, FTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Civilization V :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

spent my childhood/early adult life (12-24) playing some form of half life 1 be it hl:dm / cs 1.6 / tfc / dod.

not a chance I'd have a stat on the hours, but some nights would have been easily 8-10 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

For those I paid for?

Civilization 2, thousands of hours in that.
    Oblivion, I think I topped a thousand on that.
    Shogun: Total War, similar times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MW2 playing this weekend hacked and all as it is.
    Got final kill in a 4-3 S&D game with the spas shotgun. Sitting at my desk now grinning thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

According to Steam stats I have
    Skyrim - 305 Hrs
    Fallout NV - 113 Hrs
    Terraria - 79 Hrs

Of those Terraria has to be the best value for money, seeing as I only paid €2.49 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andromeda76

Emlyn Hughes international soccer on the C64.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Street Fighter IV series.
    Literally thousands of hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement