Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

●► DOES it cost money to join the GARDA College?◄●

Options
  • 04-11-2013 12:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

●If you qualify educational and physically for the Gardai does it cost money to join the Garda College?
    Vfis4ab.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Wouldn't imagine so. I think they still receive money for going each week. As far as I am aware if there are infractions while training you can lose money off your salary. I know someone who trained there and she said that if your uniform was dirty for example you would lose money.
    Given that I don't see how they would charge you money to go there. I don't think it would count like a university would in terms of fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

No there's no charge and you get an allowance for being there as well as having your food and accommodation paid for.

When you start there they ask you bring 150e to pay for various items including a tracksuit and a few other bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

●If you qualify educational and physically for the Gardai does it cost money to join the Garda College?

No as said above, you'll receive an allowance to be there. You should head over to the ES forum and dig, dig, dig for information. Everything you could wish to know about joining; what happens once in the college; what happens and what you get told once you reach the stations; everything is posted in the ES forum somewhere here or elsewhere online.

They will be recruiting next year so have your homework done, in every possible way before-hand. Speak to close serving members/friends full-timers and reserves who will tell you exactly what's what and you'll be well informed before publicjobs annouce applications now open.

Advertisement