Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog friendly pubs?

• 04-11-2013 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

I have a friend coming over to visit and planned on taking them out to Glendalough and Powerscourt for the day with the dogs. I wondered if there was anywhere we could stop for a cuppa or pint with the dogs? A bowl of soup or something would be even better.
    An outside area with grass or something would be great, a couple of places I noticed in the past have concrete which the dogs won't settle on.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could stop off in Laragh, there is a green area opposite Lynham's that has some picnic benches in it. You can get food in Lynhams or the Cafe beside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's also the shop / cafe on your right (can't remember what it's called these days) just as you're coming into Laragh from Roundwood direction. There's a bench there on the triangle of grass opposite the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Thanks, I've fired off an email to Laraghs and will have a quick look on google maps for the streetview option for your one Alun.

If anymore suggestions are forthcoming I would be most appreciative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

This is it ... http://goo.gl/maps/D6Ju9 but it's not called Glendalough Fayre any more.

This is the other green area opposite Lynhams pub ... http://goo.gl/maps/6pjEd There's usually a few more benches there than that, but IIRC they belong to a tea shop on the other side of the green, so they may not take kindly to people bringing food from Lynhams or Ann's Coffee Shop to eat there.

Oh it looks like both places have a fair bit of seating outside. This bodes well for the weekend. Just need to dig out my thermals now cos its bloody freezing.
    Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Oh it looks like both places have a fair bit of seating outside. This bodes well for the weekend. Just need to dig out my thermals now cos its bloody freezing.
    Cheers!

How did you get on and did the dogs enjoy it?
    Your feedback will help someone else I am sure.:D

Oh sorry, I meant to come back and update this. Well we went to Glendalough but by the time we were leaving it was dark ( wanted to get there earlier so we could stop for a bite but had to do a few errands first) and we were absolutely freezing and knackered.
    So ended up stopping off in a pub in Roundwood for a quick coke and to use the facilities as everything was locked up in the tourist centre. The dogs were knackered by then after a good two and half hour run so left them in the car for all of 10 minutes.
    I did notice the beer garden and it looked like it had access from the street and the ground was all decking. So made a note as I reckon we will definitely stop there next time, food smelled amazing.
    Oh it was called The Coach House. Not 100% sure if they will allow dogs but if we give them another 2 -3 hours run they will be grand in the car. They love having a snooze in there anyway and sometimes struggle to get them out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭ebbsy

How about the Dirty Dog in Arklow ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 momosa

Glenmalure Lodge (a little further over the hill) allows dogs inside, once they are on leads and don't bark. We always ask first and it's never been an issue. They have given the dogs a bowl of water from time to time too!

Advertisement