Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

passing wind in 8mth old

Options
  • 04-11-2013 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My 8 mth old has been waking at nite with discomfort and passing wind. He has slept most of nite since born so this is not normal for him. He does not take much liquid during day but eats v well and has breast feed morn and nite. He also passes stools frequently and does not seem to be in pain doin so. Any ideas on wot could b causing this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We have an 8 month old ego is the exact same. He could fart for Ireland. During the day it causes him no bother but at night he is in pain with it. I personally think he has digestive problems so from today I'm going to start monitoring everything he eats once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

etac22 My 6.5 month old is similar to your LO. Although I don't think it's waking her up at night....last night was the first night she's slept through since she was 3 months!

Recently her gas has been really really smelly and she could give her Grandad a run for his money with the farting!! Our GP referred her to Crumlin for blood allergy tests last week to see if there is anything she is allergic to, so will be interested to see what they show. She has the slightest touch of eczema which is easily controlled but there are one or two other things making me think she has allergies and the gas is one of them.

My LO doesn't have the widest variety in her diet just yet, I only started her at 6 months and we have been very careful so far because of her skin but maybe if you keep a food diary for him you might be able to pinpoint when the gas is worse? If the gas is only a recent development it could be something that has been introduced into his diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Our little boy is lactose sensitive and the wind vastly improved when we changed his diet. He's still windy on and off though and I've done the whole food diary thing. The only things I've noticed that he doesn't digest too well is mince (think that's v common) and carrots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Yeah I have a feeling once we pinpoint what's not agreeing with her her tum will improve. Dairy was originally an issue for her which makes sense with the eczema but I cut it out of my diet fairly quickly after starting breastfeeding and didn't have an issue after that, I've been really careful with any bought foods to check for dairy products too, have mainly stuck to baby plum porridge as it's all dairy free. We're worried our dog might be causing her problems too as her eye can be a bit weepy.....the bloods will tell us hopefully as they test for inhalants but that's completely OT!

OP might have better luck with the food diary if the gas is only a new thing, hope your LO gets a bit of relief soon!

Advertisement