Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech 350 - alarmed disarmed but siren still sounding

Options
  • 04-11-2013 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,
    When i got up this morning I accidentally opened the front door and and triggered entry / exit on alarm . In the rush I accidentally put in the wrong code first time and so the alarm went off - but I eventually disarmed the alarm with the correct code - however the Siren out side is still sounding / making some sort of noise. The noise from the Siren is not very loud but still sounds even though the alarm is disarmed.

I can arm/ disarm the alarm again no problem but siren is still sounding regardless - any ideas what is causing this and how can I fix it ?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you 100% its your alarm & not someone else's?
    Activate your alarm to confirm its the same siren that's already ringing.
    If so it would indicate possibly a fuse blown which happened when the bell triggered .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sounds like the bell is faulty or it could also be a bad connection in the bell, normally a corroded cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bgengine1

It is coming from my siren - I still armed it when I left this morning ( even though the siren was sounding) - when I went back a few hours to check it it had stopped and the alarm was still armed ...

Any ideas what has happened - has the battery in the siren gone flat ? would this show up on the log when I go to reset it ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's hard to know for sure. I'd start by opening the bell and checking the connections.

The bell has its own battery and that powers the bell if it loses power from the house which would acure if there was a dodgy connection and even if you disarm the alarm it won't stop ringing as it's running on the battery.

Advertisement