Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where these Scientologists outside of the GPO yesterday?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Wow ok, being a Psychology PhD student at TCD makes me want to avoid any of these lot with a barge poll (I am their anti-christ lol)

Ha I think avoiding them is indeed the best idea!! And warn people, they are so sneaky in how they go about things its easy to see how the vunerable get sucked in. Although as a psychology student you might be interested in them, its pretty fascinating the tricks they use to manipulate people!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Ha I think avoiding them is indeed the best idea!! And warn people, they are so sneaky in how they go about things its easy to see how the vunerable get sucked in. Although as a psychology student you might be interested in them, its pretty fascinating the tricks they use to manipulate people!

Everything is a lie with them, I saw one of their "Stress Tests" online, the form claims to be from "Oxford" even though its BS that has nothing to do with them, its all about making people perceive them as respectable.

The whole idea of them is to try and get those who want to be better than others in, hence why it attracts the super rich like Tom Cruse, the idea of being a Clear with a perfect memory and supernatural abilities can attract the right person.

They are also very aware of how they are perceived by society, their table on the front (literally right on the pillars, not to the sides like the Muslims and JW doe) had no mention of Scientology.

Their method of "Breaking" people is also interesting, when this woman grabbed me and asked me if I would do it they had a film crew, literally a camera, a sound guy, lighting with them, they record everything you say to them and that trance like state you are put in when "auditing" and you share your darkest secrets (again recorded) gives them ammo to blackmail you, and once they know what your weaknesses are (say a fondness for drugs, booze, gambling) they can use that to convert you hence why they peddle these detoxes involving saunas.

What fascinates me is how the weirder scientology stuff is only in the upper levels, if we told someone the space opera thing (Xenu) they would think we were joking or something, however their seem to have a way of breaking people's scepticism so they swallow up the absurdities of this .

Sometimes I am tempted to do their stress test just to mess with them (I probably know enough of their methods not to fall for it) but I can't be bothered with them calling me at random times to do more stuff with them (unless I get a burner phone)

Everything is a lie with them, I saw one of their "Stress Tests" online, the form claims to be from "Oxford" even though its BS that has nothing to do with them, its all about making people perceive them as respectable.

The whole idea of them is to try and get those who want to be better than others in, hence why it attracts the super rich like Tom Cruse, the idea of being a Clear with a perfect memory and supernatural abilities can attract the right person.

They are also very aware of how they are perceived by society, their table on the front (literally right on the pillars, not to the sides like the Muslims and JW doe) had no mention of Scientology.

Their method of "Breaking" people is also interesting, when this woman grabbed me and asked me if I would do it they had a film crew, literally a camera, a sound guy, lighting with them, they record everything you say to them and that trance like state you are put in when "auditing" and you share your darkest secrets (again recorded) gives them ammo to blackmail you, and once they know what your weaknesses are (say a fondness for drugs, booze, gambling) they can use that to convert you hence why they peddle these detoxes involving saunas.

What fascinates me is how the weirder scientology stuff is only in the upper levels, if we told someone the space opera thing (Xenu) they would think we were joking or something, however their seem to have a way of breaking people's scepticism so they swallow up the absurdities of this .

Sometimes I am tempted to do their stress test just to mess with them (I probably know enough of their methods not to fall for it) but I can't be bothered with them calling me at random times to do more stuff with them (unless I get a burner phone)

Thats it right there! They also think if you have a disability or condition you have done something wrong in another life to deserve it. Hence they have no problem taking advantage of people who are in pain! Scientologist's running a health clinic is just wrong!

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Thats it right there! They also think if you have a disability or condition you have done something wrong in another life to deserve it. Hence they have no problem taking advantage of people who are in pain! Scientologist's running a health clinic is just wrong!

Hey as a gay person they would try and "treat" me, Hubbard wrote that gay people have a "sick mind", it lead to a call from the LGBT community to boycott the Hairspray movie which starred Travolta as the lead.

Ironically there are many rumours about Travolta and one of the pilots of his Boeing 707 getting it on.

Hey as a gay person they would try and "treat" me, Hubbard wrote that gay people have a "sick mind", it lead to a call from the LGBT community to boycott the Hairspray movie which starred Travolta as the lead.

Ironically there are many rumours about Travolta and one of the pilots of his Boeing 707 getting it on.

They are just awful sick people, avoid, avoid, avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Scientology is a crazy concept. Its just so far fetched.

I heard of another religion talking about coming back from the dead and walking on water. Crazy people!

Sleephead wrote: »
    Scientology is a crazy concept. Its just so far fetched.

I heard of another religion talking about coming back from the dead and walking on water. Crazy people!

Or another religion where a man got on a flying horse, went to the after life, spoke to God, Adam and Jesus and then got home in time for tea, or not forgetting splitting the moon.

I like Buddhism though, I actually meditate after visiting a temple in school, it helps with my depressive problems, its like the only religion to actually make any sense or help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kop-end

I don't know Catholics never chased me down and blackmailed me when I left :-)

:D

kop-end wrote: »
    :D

Well I still sometimes email one of the priests from my school who is interesting in how I am getting on but thats about it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

iDave wrote: »
    Like all money making scams it should be shut down by the Gardai

I agree, but they're in the ha'penny place compared to the billions scammed out of the Irish people by the catholic church.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Or another religion where a man got on a flying horse, went to the after life, spoke to God, Adam and Jesus and then got home in time for tea, or not forgetting splitting the moon.
    That was not a horse, it was actually a flying ass.
    There are (or were) various wild asses living around Asia, including the Onager and the Buraq.

Defined as; "smaller than a horse, bigger than a donkey."
    A big ass, then.

Advertisement