Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2014

• 04-11-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

So the first big announcement has been made. Dowload 2014 will take place on the 13th-15th of June 2014 and The friday headliner is....

Avenged Sevenfold - with Rob Zombie as main support. Link

Last years was absolutely brilliant - so i really do want to go again - early brid prices are £10 cheaper than 2013 prices and will stay that was until 8th of November!

So who is going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I think/have heard on the Twitter vine that they're making the Saturday headliner and subliner announcement tomorrow and the Sunday headliners on Wednesday.

Hoping for a proper pull over the next two days. Though Rob Zombie is tempting!

Love going to this festival!! :D:D Some of my most brilliant memories are from there.
    Am also hoping to swing along to Hellfest :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'd say we will be looking at pearl jam and the foo's as the other headliners! That's my guess anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Went last year and had a ball! A7X is a pretty mediocre headliner if I must be honest, not tempted at all by them, although Rob Zombie will be pretty cool. One of the other headliners does end up being Pearl Jam I'll probably give it a miss, unless someone really good comes up for the lower stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd say we will be looking at pearl jam and the foo's as the other headliners! That's my guess anyway!

It really is open, most rumours around seem to point at Van Halen and Kiss being involved, and they would only headline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It was confirmed on BBC Radio 1 this evening that Linkin Park are the headliners for Saturday and they'll be playing "Hybrid Theory" in its entirety.

I think I'll give it a miss this year, could not be arsed with those two headliners to be honest, few bands would be able to make me regain interest as the third headliner after this start.

• Advertisement

As i said in another thread, fcukin awful choice.

Hybrid Theory is 37mins long, let's hope the play that then fcuk off and let a proper band play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Third headliner must be pretty incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thats quite a funny announcement this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

Linkin Park with Fall Out Boy..... really????

as much as i would like to say that i will be staying away as a result of the 2 headliners not being anywhere close to last year, i will be there as the whole weekend is so much craic, it will take a bit more than poor headliners to deter me

All i need is Five Finger Death Punch at it again!!

I'll be honest; the 13/14 year old in me just did somersaults with excitement :D:D:o:D:D

I've never gotten to see Linkin Park live and they're one for my Bucket List, so to see them and get to hear one of my favourite albums in full - that's pretty wahey for me.

I can see why many are like "Wait, what?" where's the big big big draw.

But for me that's probably gonna be it!

Haven't a breeze who Sunday could be though :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Avenged Sevenfold and Rob Zombie on Friday, with "Hybrid Theory" in full by LP (first album I ever bought) - I HAVE to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I would totally tag along prathead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

A group of us thinking of heading over this year. Looking at flights you could get over relatively cheap and the payment options make it very tempting. I'm also liking the look of the line up. Big A7X fan and seeing Linkin Park performing Hybrid Theory would bring me back to when I was about 14. Never seen Linkin Park live either. Hopefully someone class gets added to the Sunday.

I headed over to Rock Im Park last June and I have to say it was top class. So well run and everyone very easy going.

I take it Download is similar going by how much people have enjoyed it over the years? Are the showers etc… decent? It may seem like something small but it made a big difference to have a decent shower at RIP. The camping set up good?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It would be one hell of a coup if Andy Copping landed Led Zeppelin as the Sunday headliner, but in reality Motorhead or Alter Bridge would be more realistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well fcuk that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nothin to pop outta me chair to in the announcements so far maybe tommorrow'll change that.

Last time I saw Avenged in 11 they were on before Rob Zombie so thats gas. Their latest album sees them imitating Rock gods that went before them instead of one of their influences headlining they are but twas known for sometime if a band was getting upgraded headliner status it was them. Unsure they're a headliner and don't get me wrong I like the band in fact heading to the O2 show although FFDP certainly played a part in that.

Linkin Park bein announced pure threw a spanner in the works, I'd imagine they were not top choice something surely fell through for added spice they will play Hybrid Theory in full kinda tired of seeing "<insert album> played in full" festival sets unless its the latest release or you have about 10 albums an such fair enough but in this case Linkin Park have 5 albums a quick scazz on setlist.fm will show you they constantly play 5-6 tracks from that 12 track album, so is it really such a big thing?

Wonder what the story is with Alter Bridge who are expected to make an appearance definitely on a par in terms of ticket sales with Avenged and have been doing arenas before them aswell so if they're not a sub in next announcement I'd be surprised if they'd be third down again 2nd stage is too big for them, maybe primed for R&L??
    Jofspring wrote: »
    A group of us thinking of heading over this year. Looking at flights you could get over relatively cheap and the payment options make it very tempting. I'm also liking the look of the line up. Big A7X fan and seeing Linkin Park performing Hybrid Theory would bring me back to when I was about 14. Never seen Linkin Park live either. Hopefully someone class gets added to the Sunday.

I headed over to Rock Im Park last June and I have to say it was top class. So well run and everyone very easy going.

I take it Download is similar going by how much people have enjoyed it over the years? Are the showers etc… decent? It may seem like something small but it made a big difference to have a decent shower at RIP. The camping set up good?

Well the everyone is easy goin is probably true, well ran compared to fests in mainland Europe?? not a chance, showers ya'd prob be better off doin without at DL unfortunately, communal yolks probably miles away from your tent too you want a clean toilet thats actually has toilet roll you'll pay for that if ya want, camping if you go the first day it opens (I never do) camps are coloured, they'll open one coloured camp when its reasonably full they'll open the next etc. theres usually about 4 camps opened/opening by when I'd usually get there Thurs.

The Layout of the arena and choices of grub are top drawer and overall the good outways the bad, one of the main things for me though is at a mainland Euro fest the headliners come on at 11ish whereas it'll all be over at that time at DL. Youll have an early start at DL too acts start at 11 Sat and Sun and as it takes about 20 minutes plus to get from the campsite to the Arena some balls after boozin and the like the night before.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It would be one hell of a coup if Andy Copping landed Led Zeppelin as the Sunday headliner, but in reality Motorhead or Alter Bridge would be more realistic

:confused: Motorhead played 3rd down at this years edition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

:confused: Motorhead played 3rd down at this years edition!!

That's just wrong, Motorhead should've gone on before Rammstein closed out this past June's Download

Who went on after Motorhead had finished their set?

That's just wrong, Motorhead should've gone on before Rammstein closed out this past June's Download

Who went on after Motorhead had finished their set?
    Queens of the Stone Age

Aerosmith and Alter Bridge

Hoping Aerosmith head over here, they're on the other half's bucket list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Out of that lineup so far, Alter Bridge are only band I'd go out of my way to see.

Very strange line up of acts when put altogether!

But - woot - Alter Bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Aerosmith and alter bridge for Sunday = YES!!

Finally my interest has piqued!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Will be skipping it this year after being the last 2 years. Would like to see Aerosmith and to a lesser extent alter bridge but absolutely no interest in the other headliners so that's a deal breaker for me. I don't mind too much anyway as I wanted to go somewhere a bit different in Europe next year rather then the UK so this just confirms the decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

was looking at one of the other summer metal festivals in the uk and i see that megadeth is headlining on one of them, would be tempted to hit that up, havent seen Megadeth since they toured with TSHF

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Will be skipping it this year after being the last 2 years. Would like to see Aerosmith and to a lesser extent alter bridge but absolutely no interest in the other headliners so that's a deal breaker for me. I don't mind too much anyway as I wanted to go somewhere a bit different in Europe next year rather then the UK so this just confirms the decision!

Thinkin the same meself was also there the last 2 years was at other Euro fests previously and prefered the organisation and such but the line-ups of DL the last 2 years suited me down to the ground so couldnt pass em up, will defo do a fest but I could be shoppin elsewhere I'll decide as the line-ups fill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It's not though and it's pretty good that Motorhead have managed to hold onto their third from top spot.

Dying Fetus were added yesterday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Huge comedown from last years headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

Been to download last 3 times and will be looking elsewere next year.
    Pity really as had a blast everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

To be honest, I'm not keen on this year's lineup at all so far! Last year's was amazing but they've completely lowered their standards for this one. A7X as headliners? Come on... So far, Alter Bridge are the only ones I'd happily watch. The others are all meh!

Advertisement