Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

scudzilla wrote: »
    Aerosmith and Alter Bridge

Hoping Aerosmith head over here, they're on the other half's bucket list

Not mental about Aerosmith but Alter Bridge are my favourite band in the whole world! I doubt I'll be able to go over for it so I'm hoping they might come over here before/after they play Download. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They're announcing more bands at 6 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Updated Download 2014 Poster with 12 more bands

1482855_10152401121524202_1187681956_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Very happy with The Offspring and Steel Panther being added. Wouldn't mind seeing Trivium also.

There is at least 8 acts there I'd go see. Hopefully I can head over if funds allow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wow. I can count the amount of bands I'd like to see there on one finger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

There's a few there I'd watch Trivium, letlive, In flames and Black Dahlia Murder.

Still, I don't like any of the headliners or subs, so all eyes on Sonisphere for now.

Trivium headlining 4th stage :eek:, Christ on a bike how their stock has plummeted.
    Tons of new names have been announced for Download 2014 – including a very special set from some metal heavyweights.
    Trivium will be making a triumphant return to the festival by reliving one of its most legendary moments – and in the most intimate of surroundings imaginable.
    “We are thrilled to be returning to Download for our fifth time,” explains bassist Paolo Gregoletto. “In honour of both the festival and fans that embraced Trivium first, we have decided to play our 2005 set list from start to finish, preceded by a set of some our other festival favourite tunes. However, to make it all the more unique, we will be playing this ‘one time only’ set on the Red Bull Stage, the most intimate and intense setting possible for revisiting this special moment in time. We have had some of our best experiences as a band on the hallowed grounds of Donington, and this is shaping up to be one of our most exciting ones yet! Do not miss it!”
    Funny thing is their set in 2005 was five tracks long all of which they play regularly, in fact when I watched them in 2012, 4 of those 5 tracks were played hmmm how very special :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I don't think they playing it cos their stock is so low. They should do a normal set on Main, then a later set in the Red Bull, so many people are going to miss out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That line up is more like Kerrang Does Download.

Hopefully we will see Dying Fetus and/or The Black Dahlia Murder make it to this side of the water before or after it.

They are the only 2 bands I'd have any interest in.

Don't bet against McBusted getting added to that line up either!

:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Saw Offspring at Leeds Fest a few years back, utter disappointment, no crowd interaction, wouldnt be rushing to see them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Don't bet against McBusted getting added to that line up either!

:pac:

:pac: :D
    Sure ya never know ;)

I've never seen Linkin Park or The Offspring and they're two for my bucket list of bands - so I'm easily swayed :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Zwillinge wrote: »
    :pac: :D
    Sure ya never know ;)

I've never seen Linkin Park or The Offspring and they're two for my bucket list of bands - so I'm easily swayed :)

you arent missing much

you arent missing much

Different strokes for different folks.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks.

no big fans of both, moreso offspring, but they were a total sham live... maybe they are just getting old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

In Flames, Dying Fetus, The Offspring and Rob Zombie are the only bands I could honestly give a toss about in that lineup, disappointing stuff from Download this year.

In fairness, Status Quo and Steel Panther would be a great laugh, I'd imagine.

no big fans of both, moreso offspring, but they were a total sham live... maybe they are just getting old

I'd say you are onto something there. I saw them about 10 years ago and it was a great live show. Saw them about 6 years ago and it was still good but not as good as the first one. For years they were my favorite band but from watching clips of live shows they do seem to be just coming out, playing the few songs and gone. Probably why they have dropped down to third where as at one stage they would have been either headliners or second.

Probably why they have dropped down to third where as at one stage they would have been either headliners or second.

They're actually headlining second from what I can gather, they headlined main in 08 where afterwards the organizer suggested that theyd never be appearing again.

They're actually headlining second from what I can gather, they headlined main in 08 where afterwards the organizer suggested that theyd never be appearing again.

Wow they must have been shocking.

What way does download work as far as main and second stage headliners go? Would you be looking at an Offspring/Avenged Clash for example?

Wasn't that the year Foos and RATM dropped out late, so Offspring and Feeder/LostProphets got bumped up significantly?
    Wow they must have been shocking.

What way does download work as far as main and second stage headliners go? Would you be looking at an Offspring/Avenged Clash for example?

Yeah it is normally a clash, maybe not a full one. I can see Offspring coming on bit earlier, finishing bit earlier.

Mushy wrote: »
    Wasn't that the year Foos and RATM dropped out late, so Offspring and Feeder/LostProphets got bumped up significantly?

Dont think Foos were meant to be there, Kiss headlined one of the nights,Yeah think Rage were to be there but opted to play R&L that year intead,Ya Lostprophets closed the festival that year probably more remarkable this week given the shockin news about the bands lead singer.
    Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah it is normally a clash, maybe not a full one. I can see Offspring coming on bit earlier, finishing bit earlier.

Yeah sometimes they stagger which is terrible anyway for instance like Mushy says you could go see Offspring and when they finish catch the last 4-5 songs of Avenged etc. 3rd headliner usually finishes before 2nd. 4th stage headliner would usually clash with the Subs e.g. Trivium will most likely clash with Alter Bridge (not saying this is the case but it usually is)

• Advertisement

Dont think Foos were meant to be there, Kiss headlined one of the nights,Yeah think Rage were to be there but opted to play R&L that year intead,Ya Lostprophets closed the festival that year probably more remarkable this week given the shockin news about the bands lead singer.

Just from reading the forum over the years it appears Foos were supposed to play, so yeah, maybe they weren't. It would make more sense than LP and Offspring though.

Saw the Offspring last year (RIP 2012), yeah there isn't much crowd interaction, but fúck it, dance away to the songs and its great craic. Would watch them and AlterBridge so far from the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

Download are announcing 1 band a day for 12 days starting st stephens day. with apparantly 1 big reunion in there..

With bands releasing albums next year and this year, i think Killswitch, Scar the Martyr and hoping Machine head to be in there and i have a feeling Skindred in there too.

anyone any ideas of the possible reunion???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mattyz69 wrote: »
    anyone any ideas of the possible reunion???

Slayer take Lombardo back!:P

Original GN'R reform!:pac:

lord lucan wrote: »
    Slayer take Lombardo back!:P

Original GN'R reform!:pac:

That My Chemical Romance shower!! :eek::eek::eek:..............(grabs coat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That My Chemical Romance shower!! :eek::eek::eek:..............(grabs coat)

That will probably be it, heavy rumours are that they only split to get out of a record deal and will be reforming under a different name

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

the way the line up is going the would sound about right. was hoping it would be someone i would have more interest in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

scudzilla wrote: »
    That will probably be it, heavy rumours are that they only split to get out of a record deal and will be reforming under a different name

If you believe that, like a certain Kerrang editor did...you don't know how the music industry works, i.e.: first right of refusal/etc :P

Unfortunately definitely not them :( an exclusive reunion would've been headline material anyway :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Seen this upon the Book with a Face:
    Added to the Download 2014 bill: Volbeat, SikTh, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Suicide Silence, Buckcherry, Memphis May Fire, Battlecross, Jake E. Lee's Red Dragon Cartel, Thy Art Is Murder, The Amity Affliction, Avatar, Lonely the Brave, Arcane Roots and Feed the Rhino.

Buckcherry are kinda fun...

Now to find some more straws to clutch at! :o:p

Volbeat are an excellent addition also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Meh, the only band there I would actually want to see there are The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Advertisement