If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small audio system with bluetooth streaming and tuner

• 04-11-2013 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, 

Time to update my bedroom sound system as the existing Sony one must  be over 15 years old and the CD door no longer closes so it's basically just a radio, no phono or aux in etc.

Anyway, I want something small and compact for the bedroom, probably smaller than a micro system but it has to have a tuner and bluetooth connectivity. I already have 2 systems elsewhere in the house with iPod docks but don't really use iPods any more, all my music comes from Spotify there days, currently two units are running android and the other a windows phone so I don't care much for Apple compatibility. Clock radio functionality is also a bonus but 

So any suggestions and recommendations, is there such a thing to meet my needs, I aint asking for too much am ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just having a thinkng about it, an FM tuner may not be such a necessity if it's connected to my WiFi in order to get internet radio. I understand some of the system at the higher end of the market have built in Spotify apps but bluetooth connectivity to stream from an android tablet or phone would be minimum.

The Evoke F4 or Logitech UE Smart Radio look good, do you stock either ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi This...we get asked this a lot.....but if you have bluetooth / airplay then you can play things like tune in radio directly to the speaker.....eg

Logitech UE Air.

It's come down from a whopping £299.95 to just £99.95.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/logitech/ue-air-speaker/logi-ue-air-speaker

We have run out of stock at present but we can get more of these in. I'd need to get your name on one.

Best speaker stock £250 - £300 What Hifi 2012.

The only issue is that it doesn't have bluetooth. It's purely an Airplay dock so I'm not sure if this is going to fit the bill, but certainly at that price, it's a bargain !

I would add the Harman Kardon bluetooth BTA10 adaptor and make it a brilliant blue tooth system for £'s less than anything else you'd buy.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming-accessories/harman-kardon/bta10/harm-bta10

Total - £162.89 including delivery.

Let me know if this would work or if you want to have the radio on board the unit ?

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Thanks, I saw  that on your site yesterday but it's not really suitable as we'd want a few extra features, at least internet radio connectivity anyway. We're edging towards the Logitech UE Smart radio at the moment.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Thanks, I saw  that on your site yesterday but it's not really suitable as we'd want a few extra features, at least internet radio connectivity anyway. We're edging towards the Logitech UE Smart radio at the moment.
    Thisregard,

No problem and apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we dont stock the UE SMart Radio at the moment - anything else online interesting?

We do have the Denon DSD501 which received a stonking review from What HiFi: http://www.whathifi.com/review/denon-cocoon-stream-dsd-501 at £249.95 - this has a web radio built in with 3 presets and apple and android compatiability..

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/pages/product-detail.aspx?catid=speakerdocks&subid=cocoonseries&productid=cocoonstream

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.