Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Not Following It's Own Rules In Facebook Competition

Options
  • 04-11-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

So Aldi has been running a competition to find their number one Irish fan to celebrate reaching 100,000 page likes.

Here was the competition in a nutshell "Submit a picture or video of you, your family or friends posing with a favourite Aldi product demonstrating why you are Aldi's no.1 fan. We will pick the most entertaining picture or video and the winner will receive one year's free shopping in Aldi Ireland worth €5,200." So quite an attractive first prize. They also offered 10 runners up €100 vouchers each.

Last night they began to announce winners on their Facebook page and all the winners were as expected funny or cute. However, apparently there is some disquiet building on the Facebook site among some people (I presume) who entered the competition saying that a couple of the winners announced so far didnt follow one of Aldi's rules of the competition and shouldn't have been picked - namely "Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult in photographs". Personally, I think it seems a silly rule and disregarding it causes no real harm however I guess I would be upset if I had entered and followed the rules exactly only to see them disregarded. I would have expected a German company to follow it's own rules :) They do reserve the right to make changes "Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion" but I still think they could have handled this better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry but the topic is not relevant to this forum.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement