Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lack of hot water

• 04-11-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi
    sorry in advance for the long post.
    I've been having a problem with my hot water not heating sufficiently. it works ok in the summer when the heating is not on but when the cold weather comes and the heating goes on we are lucky if we get one full shower out of a tank of water and even then it is only warm not hot. It started about a year and a half ago i had a problem with the pressure in my gas boiler being too high, and unfortunately the guy a got out to look at it was a complete cowboy and charged me for things I didn't even need, a father of a friend of mine then came out and he told me I didn't need what you man put in (expansion vessel). But did say my thermostats up and down stairs weren't working but not to worry cos we didn't really need them. he disconnected them and in the summer when we want just the water heated we turn 2 little knobs in the hot press, 1 for upstairs and i for down which works ok but when the heating is on the upstairs gets hotter than the downstairs, maybe that's to do with heat rising etc? also i have i downstairs rad that wont heat. i got read lots of advice on her but nothing worked. did get it to heat last week by turning off all other rads in the house but it took about 3-4 hours for the heat to come up. Could someone maybe advise me what is causing this and can i fix it myself.

Comments

Advertisement