Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't decide between Air and Mini 2

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Yeah, Pages and Numbers come free with iOS devices now and they will handle Word and Excel documents. There isn't anything that'll let you execute PHP locally as far as I know, but there are plenty of editors out there that will let you edit code files.

I use a mixture of Textastic and Prompt to manage a large chunk of my server side work flow. I've also been using GLSL Studio on and off since it was released to try out ideas on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh still can't decide!!

Now that the Mini 2 is available for pre-order my head is wrecked. Will somebody just buy me one or the other! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

py2006 wrote: »
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhh still can't decide!!

Now that the Mini 2 is available for pre-order my head is wrecked. Will somebody just buy me one or the other! :P

I have ordered one of each now at this stage. Not sure what one I actually want though. Leaning towards iPad Mini at the minute...

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I have ordered one of each now at this stage. Not sure what one I actually want though. Leaning towards iPad Mini at the minute...

One of each?!? Well excuse me, Mr. Loaded.

One of each?!? Well excuse me, Mr. Loaded.

I'll be returning one of them :P

• Advertisement

Got the Air!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Got the Air!!!!

Question does it have Siri ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I was facing the same problem. Talked to two friends who have minis and they said both they'd go for the Air. They said the mini is great if you're on a daily commute or are out on the road a lot as it's handy to stick in small man bag or handbag. But both of them said as soon as they got home, they picked up their normal sized iPads. As I don't commute a lot I decided to sell my iPad 3 for €290 and bought the Air in PC World to avail of their €30 cashback (they said in the store it was €30 but it says on the website €50). So I effectively got an Air for €170 (or €150 if I get the €50). It's much lighter and slightly smaller that the iPad 3 so a little easier to lug about if you're mobile. I think that's the clincher if you're undecided. A Mini if you're out and about a lot, or the Air if you're going to be using it mostly at home.

Anybody actually use it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jakdublin wrote: »
    I was facing the same problem. Talked to two friends who have minis and they said both they'd go for the Air. They said the mini is great if you're on a daily commute or are out on the road a lot as it's handy to stick in small man bag or handbag. But both of them said as soon as they got home, they picked up their normal sized iPads. As I don't commute a lot I decided to sell my iPad 3 for €290 and bought the Air in PC World to avail of their €30 cashback (they said in the store it was €30 but it says on the website €50). So I effectively got an Air for €170 (or €150 if I get the €50). It's much lighter and slightly smaller that the iPad 3 so a little easier to lug about if you're mobile. I think that's the clincher if you're undecided. A Mini if you're out and about a lot, or the Air if you're going to be using it mostly at home.

The Currys cash back is dependent on the amount, its UP TO €50. I think its €20 up to 200, €30 up to €300, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

jakdublin wrote: »

Thanks, this made up my mind. Sold my mini last month in anticipation of the new one(s). Saw the Air and really liked it, but thought it was (still) too big. Your post me consider when and how I use it and realise the Air would actually suit me better, will be ordering a 32GB one soon...

I'm still bloody undecided. Do you guys know if you can return to Apple from an Irish pick up address if it was ordered from UK site? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

flyguy wrote: »
    Thanks, this made up my mind. Sold my mini last month in anticipation of the new one(s). Saw the Air and really liked it, but thought it was (still) too big. Your post me consider when and how I use it and realise the Air would actually suit me better, will be ordering a 32GB one soon...

I'm happy with my choice. Granted a mini would be useful when out and about, but to be honest I wouldn't have that much call for it. Very impressed with the speed of the Air.

Advertisement