Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another iPad Air question

• 04-11-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a chance these will be almost impossible to get on the run up to Christmas??

Im not sure of the demand for these so should i play safe and get one asap or will i be fine to leave it until December?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is there a chance these will be almost impossible to get on the run up to Christmas??

Im not sure of the demand for these so should i play safe and get one asap or will i be fine to leave it until December?

Thanks.

It's better to be looking at one than for one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You should be okay. Just keep an eye on the shipping estimates on the online store. Don't leave it too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I don't imagine there'll be any issue. First week is always the time when they sell most, and there's still plenty of stock everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mickyg10001

I'm looking for a16g wifi + 4g in limerick they all have wifi only... Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm looking for a16g wifi + 4g in limerick they all have wifi only... Any ideas?

Order online from Apple. None of the Irish resellers seem to have received stock of the cellular models.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mickyg10001

Cheers. I prefer to buy over the counter as taking delivery of a package is problematic as I'm on the road for work. I got a phone online and the courier busted my balls!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

There should be plenty of iPad Airs around on the run upto to Christmas. Mini retina's on the other hand.. will be scarce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sweet...just found out that the missus is getting me one for xmas..only reason she had to tell me was because she found out that the ipad mini is coming out end of Nov and she hadn't a clue which one to get me.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Has anyone on this site ordered the ipad air on this website, http://www.globstargadgets.com/ ? They seem to be cheaper than apple. They are based in hong kong and it says anything over €100 is FREE delivery. But they might charge for handling and shipping etc...What do everyone think of the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

leemaree wrote: »
    Has anyone on this site ordered the ipad air on this website, http://www.globstargadgets.com/ ? They seem to be cheaper than apple. They are based in hong kong and it says anything over €100 is FREE delivery. But they might charge for handling and shipping etc...What do everyone think of the website?
    no. for the sake of a few quid just buy it here.

when you add customs duty + VAT + courier handling fee never mind the risk that you'll probably get a cheap knock off iPad with android internals it's just not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

leemaree wrote: »

If it's too good to be true.....

As far as I know, apple offer no discount on products to suppliers, best bet to buy local or off apple direct.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The only place I've ever come across cheaper Apple gear was in the Middle East. Apple give No warranty on it though, which explained the price difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Cheers. I prefer to buy over the counter as taking delivery of a package is problematic as I'm on the road for work. I got a phone online and the courier busted my balls!!

Get it delivered to parcel motel and pick it up in your own time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

guil wrote: »
    Get it delivered to parcel motel and pick it up in your own time.

Then you might have to order from UK store that would mess with warranty etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement