Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this October: November Edition

• 04-11-2013 11:34am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So had a disasterous October. Only beat Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tomb Raider Underworld. My plan to play lots of horror games fell by the wayside and I'm still not done with Project Zero 2.

This week I'll mostly be playing the new Tomb Raider on PC, Project Zero 2 and Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS. I expect to finish the first two but SMT4 is a huge game and is going to take me ages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

My new PC will be complete this month so I'm looking to Start Metro Last Light... But in the mean-time I'm going to attempt to Finish RAGE.
    It's been installed for ages and finally got around to playing it last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I started a Dawn of War II expansion pack last night, Chaos Rising, which will be first on my list this month. Half thinking of tackling a Saints Row game after that; I have SR 2 and SR 3, should I bother with 2 as it a good few years old at this point? Heard lots of positive things about it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pokémon Y - I will stop breeding to flood the Wondertrade Market with Fennekins and get around to defeating the E4. It's not much, but I'd be happy with that. At a push, I might try to cram in some Trine 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Killzone Mercenary.

Decent for a handheld, getting stuck into inFamous 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Corpse Party and The Last Of Us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

This month I am closing in on finishing LoZ Windwaker on the Gamecube and LoZ Spirt Tracks on DS. Two Games I started playing in 2010 and 2009!:eek::eek::eek:

If I get through that I might try and finish off one or two of Uncharted 3, Arkham City of Ico HD.

The pile of shame is actually massive at the moment, can't even count them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Started FF VI last month, determined to finish it off this month. I'm at end game now anyway, so shouldn't be much longer. Kind of want to get through it soon just in case the battery in the cart goes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just finished Bioshock Infinite. I enjoyed it but don't think it's quite the generation defining blockbuster it's made out to be. The story, which is good, owes a good dead to Stephen King's Dark Tower series and the gameplay is a pretty bogstandard FPS far. The atmosphere, tone and music is what makes the game but it's only 'good' to my mind.

Started Silent Hill Downpour - a pleasant surprise so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,170 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not really a game, but I completed Dear Esther last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Finished Super metroid and dark souls again for the second time. Got to the final boss in dragons dogma which has proven to be an asshole and i am on the brink of giving up.

Current games I still need to beat

Etrian odyssey 1-4
    No more heroes 1 & 2
    Metriod other m
    Megaman x2
    Dragons Crown
    Castlevania SOTN (Ricter Belmont is a badass asshole)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I thought I had a great month finished 2 games
    • Uncharted 1
    • Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time
    Buying NBA 2k14, Football Manager 14 and Fifa 14 really fecked up my progress though

So aiming to finish

• Uncharted 3
    • Skyrim
    • Maybe try one other game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Hoping to finish Dragon's Crown and Trails in the Sky this month.

Hoping to start Dragon's Dogma and Growlanser.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

This looks like a nice friendly thread to join! Hello everyone :)

So last month I finished a good few games, I started No More Heroes 2 on the Wii about 3 years ago and finally sat down and finished it, it's not a bad game, some good humour in it but it's not as good as the original and also not that hard.

Also finished Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon which wasn't that long but it was a great little game, very funny and the ending is truly epic!

A few older games I'd never properly beat either, Donkey Kong Country on the Snes and Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the Mega Drive, both classic platformers.

This month I plan on finishing Pokemon Y and The Last of Us, just recently started both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Big plans for this month as I've grown tired of GTA and need a break from Civ.

Having finished The Testament of Sherlock Holmes last month I have started The Walking Dead, just done the first episode so far. Will try to get it finished by next week and then move on to one of:

Arkham City, Arkham Aslyum, Dishonored, Limbo (already played a good chunk of this so should be quite short), Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops: The Line, Thomas Was Alone, To The Moon.

Leaning towards Dishonored as well as Limbo and Thomas Was Alone. Would be happy to get those done with The Walking Dead and get a start on any of the other games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just finished Uncharted 3 :D after now playing all three the second would be my favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

fiinished Hotline miami and Walking dead episode 1.
    moving directly onto WD episode 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Beat Gunman Clive on the 3DS. Not a big achievement seeing as it can be polished off in 3 hours but I'll take it! Decent game and well worth the bargain price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Finished inFamous 2 over the weekend, very enjoyable game, looking forward to the next instalment in the series.

Going to start Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance this week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I beat Halo 4. It was a technical marvel but quite a disappointing game. It seems by making the graphics so gorgeous they had to cut back on the massive battlefields that the series is known for. Everything feels like it takes place in a corridor. It's not a bad game but it's a big step back from Reach which was excellent and even Halo 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I finished Pullblox on the 3DS the other day, I was stuck on the 4th last level for ages, finally put a bit of time into it and completed the last few.

If anyone is looking for a good puzzle game on the 3DS I can recommend this, I think it cost about €5, I definitely got my money's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I beat Halo 4. It was a technical marvel but quite a disappointing game. It seems by making the graphics so gorgeous they had to cut back on the massive battlefields that the series is known for. Everything feels like it takes place in a corridor. It's not a bad game but it's a big step back from Reach which was excellent and even Halo 3.
    I really enjoyed Halo 4 and thought the new enemy types made up for the lack of massive battlefields (there were still some but there were a few too many corridors). Good variety in the gun-play and there were hardly any dull sections.

Maybe my expectations were just lowered after the slew of samey, gritty, war shooters brought on FPS apathy for the previous few years.

It wasn't a bad game just it couldn't live up to Reach for me. Also I was very disappointed in the move away from massive battlefields which is what sets Halo apart. I'd hate for it to become a Killzone/CoD clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

I finished Pullblox on the 3DS the other day, I was stuck on the 4th last level for ages, finally put a bit of time into it and completed the last few.

If anyone is looking for a good puzzle game on the 3DS I can recommend this, I think it cost about €5, I definitely got my money's worth.

I didn't get anywhere near the 4th last level and I more than got my money's worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I gave up on Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising very quickly; it didn't appeal to me at all, which is surprising as I enjoyed the core game. I'm playing Psychonauts for the very first time instead...and loving it! So much fun. Not sure I'll be able to finish this before the end of the month though, seems like a pretty big game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,170 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got stuck but haven't gone back to it since due to being sidetracked by other games. I'll probably also invest in Fallblox later on as well

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I need a thread like this to keep me on track, I have a horrible habit of moving onto new games when I get about 3-4 hours into one. Currently playing:

Bioshock 2
    inFamous 2
    Uncharted 3
    Pokemon X
    Halo 4
    Ass Creed: Revelations
    Okami HD
    Dishonored

I vow to knock 3-4 of these off my list in the next few weeks. I'm also picking up Mario 3 World and WW HD soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished Deadly Premonition.

Terrible game but interesting everything else. Really enjoyable story and dialogue for Twin Peak fans.

As I said in the thread, the worst game I ever finished but enjoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Finished Dragon's Dogma, but I have yet to run through the Dark Arisen area (Bitterblack Isle).

Will tackle it after Remember Me, I think (half-way through on that).

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Finished Dragon's Dogma, but I have yet to run through the Dark Arisen area (Bitterblack Isle).

The post game content and Dark Arisen are by far the best part of the game! Just one word of warning:
    You can do all the quests and collect the stones you need in the Everfall but whatever you do, do not give the character the 20 thing a ma giges in the everfall because it will lock you into the Post game ending and force you to restart with a New Game+. Make sure you do everything before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The post game content and Dark Arisen are by far the best part of the game! Just one word of warning:
    You can do all the quests and collect the stones you need in the Everfall but whatever you do, do not give the character the 20 thing a ma giges in the everfall because it will lock you into the Post game ending and force you to restart with a New Game+. Make sure you do everything before that.

Nah I'll just tackle BBI in my NG+, you keep all your stats & items.
    I missed a few quests in my first playthrough (e.g. rescuing Aelinore)

Advertisement