Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bike Shop

Options
  • 04-11-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Seeing as the other thread was quite old (and locked), I thought the conversation could be kept going.

I went in about 2 or 3 weeks ago and got a new tire on the bike. Cost me 25 sheets. I wasn't extremely happy with the tyre they gave me but I didn't think it was worth complaining about cos it worked grand. They were grand enough with their customer service. Sound and helpful enough I thought.

I was thinking about heading in just for a wee check up, but I was wondering would it be worth my while to get materials myself and learn how to do the simple things myself and save money in the long run?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

These days everything has become specialized.

You need an expert to change your tyre, to unblock your sink, to paint a wall, to cut a hedge and so on.

People have lost the basic skills of living.

I say you should definitely learn to do this for yourself and save the money and become self sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Depends what the opportunity cost of your time is and what you'd need to buy to do it. You'd make a saving long term but you might have to make an initial investment in the basics eg lube, tyre levers etc. Nice feeling to be able to fix stuff yourself though I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    tyre levers
    That's a funny way to spell spoons...

Advertisement