Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power washer

• 04-11-2013 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a compact and affordable power washer? I want one more for very regular (maybe daily) rinsing down of winter mud and crud rather than the bi-annual spit and polish.

Halfords do their own branded ones that look like great value. I don't know if their own brand stuff is up to much though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I have a Kärcher one from woodies.
    Its been going strong for about 5 years now. I have also used it for extended periods of time while cleaning the concrete around my house and its not has any issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I got the one in lidl or aldi ( cant remember ) last time. I think it was 110 euro. The main thing to look out for is the internal pump. Try and get one with a metal pump. The plastic ones seem to split too easily. The nilfisk brand actually get good reviews. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nilfisk%20pressure%20washer&sprefix=nilfisk%2Caps%2C223

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

cantdecide wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a compact and affordable power washer? I want one more for very regular (maybe daily) rinsing down of winter mud and crud rather than the bi-annual spit and polish.

Halfords do their own branded ones that look like great value. I don't know if their own brand stuff is up to much though.

Regular power washing of bikes leads to regular changing of bearings. All you need after a winter ride is to hose it down. Get the bike spotless and apply plenty of anti corrosion. Then just rinse, power washing puts the crunch into places it shouldn't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Two buckets, one to dip the sponge into and release the dirt and grit the other to wash the sponge and wipe the bike...so you dont get little marks from the bits of crap on the sponge marking the fairing. Any kind of wax and a bottle of ACF50.

SORTED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Del2005 wrote: »
    Regular power washing of bikes leads to regular changing of bearings. All you need after a winter ride is to hose it down. Get the bike spotless and apply plenty of anti corrosion. Then just rinse, power washing puts the crunch into places it shouldn't be.

Just as I said here:
    I should have explained this. A karcher is just a lot more quick and effective at big surface areas and nooks and hollows where salty water gets in such as rad fins, fairing crevices and the like. Stay away from critical areas such as brakes (seals) and axles and swingarm bearings.

Especially as I'll be using the bike daily and not the occasional dry Sunday. A careful one minute rinse down with a low power hose is preferable to five minutes of careful hosing and a series of lotions and potions IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

This Nilfisk one is on offer in Argos at the moment. Looks like it has a metal pump as one of the other posters recommended

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420432.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭4th horsemen

Woodies have a special offer on for Rok 139cc petrol power washer from €300 to €200

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/ROK-139cc-Petrol-Pressure-Washer-Exclusive-Online-Only-Offer/17482/1.14#.UnvtOOLvars

Bought myself one today, as was good price and no need for power supply.

Advertisement