Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Listed with Musgrave etc.

Options
  • 04-11-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

A friend told me that this might be a good place to get advice.

I'm looking to have a small product range listed for sale in Centra and SuperValu stores. I called Musgrave last week, and again this morning but haven't been able to talk to "the right person" (holidays or something)

I'm just looking for some general info if anyone can help.

What type of credit terms and margins they require. How long the listing process takes etc.

If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

depending on the product you can expect them to look for around 10% & then another 20-25c for the retailer. The more impulse the purchase, the greater the profit required for them. So if its a loaf of bread you plan on selling on the shelves for €1, you'd need to pitch to them at 65-70c, thus allowing profit for them & then the retailer too

If its something like a bar of chocolate or bottle of coke you'd want to be pitching around the 50c mark

Advertisement