Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JellyBean Galaxy s3 today vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

hit the icon on the top right hand side after you do the swipdown.. I think it toggles between the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Just going to install cyanogenmod at this stage, its been two weeks now....

Let us know how you get on Dan. I've been contemplating it but haven't taken the plunge.

My phone isn't as bad as it was but I missed a call this morning due to slow wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Mad Benny wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on Dan. I've been contemplating it but haven't taken the plunge.

My phone isn't as bad as it was but I missed a call this morning due to slow wake up.

I can honestly say im gutted.... not only for not doing this two weeks ago but doing it along time before this, this is what a os should be like, no doubt its similar to other custom roms.everything works all apps work.even has its own custom locate my phone etc via online account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Apparently there will be a fix in 15 days, according to the article
    http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/11/18/galaxy-s3-android-4-3-update-stopped-fix-urgently-needed/

This is no good to me, I'll be in China with a crap phone. Anyway hopefully it will be a good fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Anyway of getting notifications to show instead by default of the toggle switchs on swipe down?

Pulling the bar down in the right corner pulls down the settings tiles, further left pulls down notifications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I tried flashing earlier mine earlier with the link posted earlier in this thread, http://www.androidpit.com/cyanogenmod-installer-a-simple-solution , it didn't work for me. If anyone has any decent links/vids etc for how to do this I would appreciate it.

I can honestly say im gutted.... not only for not doing this two weeks ago but doing it along time before this, this is what a os should be like, no doubt its similar to other custom roms.everything works all apps work.even has its own custom locate my phone etc via online account

Thanks Dan. It doesn't work on XP :(

I tried flashing earlier mine earlier with the link posted earlier in this thread, http://www.androidpit.com/cyanogenmod-installer-a-simple-solution , it didn't work for me. If anyone has any decent links/vids etc for how to do this I would appreciate it.

What was the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I see the issue has made it onto the more mainstream news.
    http://news.sky.com/story/1170398/samsung-phone-update-leaves-users-furious
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24995544

Might put a bit more pressure on Samsung to hurry another update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

It even came up on the Tech slot on the Right Hook Last night. They were going to contact Samsung on it. I don't think Samsung/Vodafone will care until this becomes an issue in the media. Hopefully we'll start at least getting an answer from them.

• Advertisement

What was the problem?

It just said the update couldn't be done. Try using different cable, different usb on pc, try reboot, I tried all of this and still would not update.

It just said the update couldn't be done. Try using different cable, different usb on pc, try reboot, I tried all of this and still would not update.

Disable anti virus including windows defender should solve it. Had same problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Do you loose your data, messages, installed apps, photos when you install CyanogenMod?

I rooted my phone last night. Trying to get out of this mess of an upgrade with something stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Emerson wrote: »
    Do you loose your data, messages, installed apps, photos when you install CyanogenMod?

I rooted my phone last night. Trying to get out of this mess of an upgrade with something stable.

Install Helium or Titanium backup and backup everything to an external sd card first so you have a backup.

Installing Cyanogenmod via installer also roots your phone in process.. Oh adblock how I missed you

Disable anti virus including windows defender should solve it. Had same problem

Yeah I tried that but it wasn't playing ball still. I'll try again on a different machine and see how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Post from Samsung's Facebook Page tonight
    https://www.facebook.com/SamsungIreland?fref=ts
    Dear Samsung Ireland Community, we are still currently investigating the reported issues with the Galaxy S3 4.3 Jelly Bean update. We appreciate your patience while we work on this & as soon as we have further information, we’ll update you in a post on the page. We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    Followed by a comment in the same post to clarify
    Hi All - Just to clarify, the above statement refers to Galaxy S3 only.

"we are still currently investigating the reported issues"

Investigating REPORTED issues. Come to my house and I'll give you something to report!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

This is the best Samusung can come up with almost 3 weeks later....

Pathetic. :mad:

• Advertisement

Going to give CyanogenMod another lash. Got myself another usb cable. It complained about the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Alarm didn't go off this morning... woke up in a panic upon hearing the message alert tone for an incoming email.
    couldn't unlock phone, no other clock in room.
    ... blind panic as I have to catch a flight this morning.
    Overslept by only 7 minutes...
    No thanks to you Samsung.

Why didn't I put the bloody custom rom on ages ago? I was worried that it would be problematic and I wouldn't have time to fix it before I flew out.
    :(

Booo Samsung.

kiffer wrote: »
    Alarm didn't go off this morning... woke up in a panic upon hearing the message alert tone for an incoming email.

Why didn't I put the bloody custom rom on ages ago? I was worried that it would be problematic and I wouldn't have time to fix it before I flew out.

Booo Samsung.

Smalls claims court must be looming on the horizon for Samsung at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

kiffer wrote: »

Booo Samsung.

Ya I missed a flight last week partially because of my phone. Didn't ring when a taxi was outside my house. Today it keeps stuttering when playing music. Lovely.

Ya I missed a flight last week partially because of my phone. Didn't ring when a taxi was outside my house. Today it keeps stuttering when playing music. Lovely.

One of the main reasons for changing to cyanogenmod, don't see myself changing from it either even if i get a new phone i'll be installing cyanogenmod straight away i would half say i'm thankful to samsung for opening my eyes...

One of the main reasons for changing to cyanogenmod, don't see myself changing from it either even if i get a new phone i'll be installing cyanogenmod straight away i would half say i'm thankful to samsung for opening my eyes...

Cyanogenmod and haxsync is perfect, only thing I miss is the Samsung calender because in month view you can see what each event is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I keep finding new problems the longer I have this stupid phone.

A new one I only noticed today was that it keeps deleting my 9 favourite contacts. The only way I can ring someone is if I go into contacts and scroll down along the names. It's a pain in the hole!

And the slow lag is just breaking my heart. I can rarely answer a call but when I can, I can't hang up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I read in the states at&t paused the rollout last week but started it again yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

pippip wrote: »
    I read in the states at&t paused the rollout last week but started it again yesterday.

Read that also, maybe they fixed 4.3 quicksmart. Operators already pushed to S3 devices here ( I'm on meteor BTW). But how long until they push a patch to our phones. That's a separate bit of software to write.

I'll be keeping an eye on Kies for firmware checks.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I am really getting annoyed now. I've had to remove my battery twice today because it hung.

Just get this sorted.

Installing Cyanogenmod via installer also roots your phone in process.. Oh adblock how I missed you

I had a hard job installing it but it's on now :). I had to uninstall AVG, reinstall the USB driver on the Windows 7 PC and enable debug mode on the phone before it worked.

I'm so glad to be rid of that crap Samsung update.

The only thing I miss is the weather widget. I downloaded the AccuWeather one but it has an advertisement on it. Will have to find another.

Thanks for recommending Cyanogenmod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Mad Benny wrote: »
    I had a hard job installing it but it's on now :). I had to uninstall AVG, reinstall the USB driver on the Windows 7 PC and enable debug mode on the phone before it worked.

I'm so glad to be rid of that crap Samsung update.

The only thing I miss is the weather widget. I downloaded the AccuWeather one but it has an advertisement on it. Will have to find another.

Thanks for recommending Cyanogenmod.

Ok, so I've JUST rooted my galaxy s3 and am looking to install a custom rom, how do I go about doing this, where do I get the cyanogenmod file from and is it just a drag and drop .apk job or is it more complex???

Any help appreciated!

Newstalk are having a "gadget of the year" awards. They are looking for nominations. They are also looking for nominations on the WORST gadget of the year.

I suggest we all nominate the "Samsung Galaxy S3 following Jelly-Bean Upgrade". The only thing companies like Samsung understand is bad publicity.

To do so e-mail ghtech@newstalk.ie or tweet #ghtech

There wasn't any need to root it yourself, download the cyanogenmod app on the appstore and go from there.
    Ok, so I've JUST rooted my galaxy s3 and am looking to install a custom rom, how do I go about doing this, where do I get the cyanogenmod file from and is it just a drag and drop .apk job or is it more complex???

Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

touts wrote: »
    Newstalk are having a "gadget of the year" awards. They are looking for nominations. They are also looking for nominations on the WORST gadget of the year.

I suggest we all nominate the "Samsung Galaxy S3 following Jelly-Bean Upgrade". The only thing companies like Samsung understand is bad publicity.

To do so e-mail ghtech@newstalk.ie or tweet #ghtech

To be fair it's not just Samsung on this Vodafone are partially to blame also. They vet the firmware and add whatever else to it, so it's not jsut 100% samsungs fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Any sign of Vodafone fixing this or letting us downgrade again.. Paying 40 a month for this phone and its barely working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

OriginV wrote: »
    Any sign of Vodafone fixing this or letting us downgrade again.. Paying 40 a month for this phone and its barely working

waiting for a fix myself......cant believe Samsung released this upgrade........

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Guys, I have 2 S3's here in the office and both suffered from the update. However I have cleared the cache on mine and it has made it far better, maybe a few of you can try it out and port the results??

1: Power off phone
    2: Hold Volume UP + Home + Power all at the same time until the phone powers up into recovery mode.
    3: Use volume UP or Down to scroll down to Clear Cache and use power to select
    4: Choose reboot and see how you get on.

Seems to make a difference..........................for now :rolleyes:

Cheers

Has anyone that changed to cyanogenmod after this mess found that people find it harder to hear them on calls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I had to install Revolution HD 40.0 (4.3) with G-Lite kernal to fix my phone.

Battery life has jumped up exponentially.

I suggest everyone who is able, to do so.

XDA Forum Link for Android Revolution HD 40.0 (4.3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭keredern

There wasn't any need to root it yourself, download the cyanogenmod app on the appstore and go from there.

Hi, any chance you could put up a link to that app please? :-)

Newbie here & couldn't find it!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Cm app has been removed from the play store.
    keredern wrote: »
    Hi, any chance you could put up a link to that app please? :-)

Newbie here & couldn't find it!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭keredern

elderlemon wrote: »

Ah! Don't feel quite so foolish now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

elderlemon wrote: »
    You can still get it here: Link

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

i'm with o2 andi got offered the'upgrade' this morning which i installed----what a disaster battery seems to have evaporated;it kept freezing ;had to remove battery 3 times;then i noticed it was in 'in flight' mode which i switched off ;it improved;my saved numbers have practically halved--so i'm real p#ssed at the moment.sorry i didnt find this forum earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Why would o2 release this update with all the trouble thats going on?

Zipppy wrote: »
    Seems to make a difference..........................for now :rolleyes:

Cheers

24hrs on this I still a huge improvement..........you should deffo do this

Still waiting for fix though

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

Any idea on when there will be an update?
    Is it easy enough to change to cyanogen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

paddy_joe wrote: »
    Is it easy enough to change to cyanogen?

Very very easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

And can you revert back when the new update is available?

• Advertisement
Advertisement