Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JellyBean Galaxy s3 today vodafone

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Got the latest update as well last night
    Wifi still seems.... unstable. Not working all the time.
    Will reserver judgement.
    The unlock and phone answering is defintely fixed though.
    Much happier. It hasn't annoyed me yet today. That 's an improvment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I didn't get the update (thank god!) But I rooted (very simple) and flashed a custom ROM (CyanogenMod) and I have to say my s3 has never been better or faster.... It really should come out of the box like this....

For anyone experiencing problems they should at least consider rooting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nscl31

I unfortunately did the update also... I HATE it.. anyway I can 'downgrade' to previous version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Are you talking about the battery icon in the top right? It's about 3.5mm high, how could you possibly see it move 1% or 2% :eek:

the screen doesn't have enough pixels to display 1% of 3.5mm, and if it did no eyes would be able to see it, I think your mind is playing tricks on you :D

You're weird ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Are you talking about the battery icon in the top right? It's about 3.5mm high, how could you possibly see it move 1% or 2% :eek:

the screen doesn't have enough pixels to display 1% of 3.5mm, and if it did no eyes would be able to see it, I think your mind is playing tricks on you :D

Oh dear, you can select your battery to display a percentage as numbers in the battery icon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Oh dear, you can select your battery to display a percentage as numbers in the battery icon

Ah right... didn't get what he was saying alright... Yeah you can set it in the battery section of the settings. See attached..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Swing and a miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Multi window still doesn't work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Just coming back on this - my battery is lasting longer than it ever has.

Last charged at 3pm yesterday - still have 32% left as I type. I honestly don't think I've made it through a 24 hr period before without having to charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

kiffer wrote: »
    Multi window still doesn't work...
    Worked for me today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

donnacha wrote: »
    Just coming back on this - my battery is lasting longer than it ever has.

Last charged at 3pm yesterday - still have 32% left as I type. I honestly don't think I've made it through a 24 hr period before without having to charge.
    Yep, my faith is somewhat restored... until the next update... Everything working fine on mine (thankfully including bluetooth, which was sh1te for the last two weeks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I just got a data usage warning, >3GB...there is going to be a fight, the Wireless just wasn't working properly until the update, so ended up having to do way more stuff on the VF network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

I've only just got the software update notification today, for the first time. Are all the issues with 4.3 resolved now for the S3 or should I still hold off? Currently my phone is on 4.1.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

KazDub wrote: »
    I've only just got the software update notification today, for the first time. Are all the issues with 4.3 resolved now for the S3 or should I still hold off? Currently my phone is on 4.1.2

It seems to be fixed. It would be interesting to see what someone who moves straight from 4.1.2 to the fixed 4.3 thinks though. Anyone who was infected by the original "update" might have been just so relieved to have their phones working again after a month the actual performance differences (positive or negative) might have been missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Finally downloading for me now today too..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

mine is still not working correctly, it still takes ages to light up etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Sounds like there's still issues with the update. Think I'll stick with the devil I know for now! The phone is quite laggy anyway, can take a few seconds for apps to load, which of course feels like an eternity. Can't imagine having a fun time with a phone that could be even slower.

How likely would it be that this update and the subsequent patches would be scrapped and a brand new, fault free version would be released or is this as good as it gets, for now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

KazDub wrote: »
    Sounds like there's still issues with the update. Think I'll stick with the devil I know for now! The phone is quite laggy anyway, can take a few seconds for apps to load, which of course feels like an eternity. Can't imagine having a fun time with a phone that could be even slower.

How likely would it be that this update and the subsequent patches would be scrapped and a brand new, fault free version would be released or is this as good as it gets, for now?

Given the attitude of Vodafone and Samsung and their you ungrateful bastards tone in responses to the thousands of customers who had their phones infected for over a month I'd say this is the last upgrade they will roll out to us. Certainly can't ever see the S3 being upgraded to 4.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

My S3 got the 4.3 update yesterday and since then I'm told "application not installed" when I try to open my email

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    My S3 got the 4.3 update yesterday and since then I'm told "application not installed" when I try to open my email

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    I didn't install the faulty update a few weeks back but accidently allowed this one to install on my s3.
    Phone is not waking up properly alot of the time now but seems to be ok otherwise.
    I also don't like the way it now automatically knocks or wifi if the wiki speed drops off for a few seconds. Previously, I would just wait but now, it disconnects from wifi and goes onto data connection and is quite clunky. My Wifi is the main issue but it was better before update as I knew If I had selected wifi that I was defo not on mobile data connection.

any idea when the correct version of android 4.3 is coming to the s3 in Ireland. Stable version out in the UK for ages... if I try to use Kies software on pc it says that I have the latest version (MF6). if I used a vpn and started up kies would it give me the option of an update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Just go to samfirmware and use odin to update the firmware.
    Kies is a piece of Sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭larchielads

what does the new firmware do for my phone?

many changes. current version on s3 is 4.1 so 4.3 gives you updates over that.

http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/

also newer apps are only avaiable for this version or newer android so affects what apps you can get...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Any further updates on this issue?

• Advertisement
Advertisement