Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Christmas/Birthday Present

• 04-11-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Guys....

Just looking for a few idea's on what to buy the other half for Christmas, Just wondering what was the best Christmas or Birthday present you ever received from that special person and why???? ;):p;):p;):p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Inb4 the crude suggestions...

Hmm.... What interests/hobbies does the OH have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Find out what his "Always wanted it but never got it from Santa" present was.

I did it for my other half a few years ago by tracing an original Mr Frosty on ebay. She repaid the favour a few years ago with an original Game Boy in the carry case with a stack of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Guys....

Just looking for a few idea's on what to buy the other half for Christmas, Just wondering what was the best Christmas or Birthday present you ever received from that special person and why???? ;):p;):p;):p

Whatever it was I'm sure it wasn't a suggestion from a bunch if randomers on the internet, you must really know him well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

Whatever it was I'm sure it wasn't a suggestion from a bunch if randomers on the internet, you must really know him well.

You could recommed a pointed stick maybe, for poking people in the eyes with, would be about as welcome / useful as your suggestion :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

He's into football, but doesn't support any team, but he loves going to any kind of matches, I have brought him to premier league matches already... He likes music but if he wants something he will go and just buy it for himself same with clothes, has a large collection of after shave too...
    This year i just really lost on what to get him... I would love some gift for him to say wow that's just really thoughtful....

I will go with the old Santa idea, but any more ideas would be much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note - Moved to Gift ideas forum as you may get better responses there. That forums charter now applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

What age is he through? His tastes are obviously going to be different than someone 10 years old than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Hi folks I am trying to get my hands on a 3ft + tall minion or meerkat, but for the life of me I am getting it very hard to find 1 this side of the atlantic, I would be very grateful if anyone has info of where they are hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh my best pressie's were mmmm for Christmas a new pair of red shiny doc martins.. And also a trip to Euro Disney and paris for New years eve.. Loved it.. Also a trip to Caseys for crab claws yummie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

acdc tickets were definitely up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Simon was the best ever present Santa brought me. Best birthday present was a trip to the horses (maybe because I won a lot that day)

acdc nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Milly33 wrote: »
    acdc nice!!!

yup! totally sold out, facing the prospect of paying god knows what to touts when the gig came round and BOOM! my friend had bought tickets for me for Christmas! nearly fingered the box off her there and then! :D

You have a way with words so you, beautifully said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I got a rough collie puppy for my 18th. Best present by a mile. He's here asleep beside me, 8 years later, slightly bigger but still my best friend!

Advertisement