Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent range of garden lights

Options
  • 04-11-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Bought a place recently, have outside lights, stainles stell pedastels, about 21" tall and 4" diameter with a plastic sleeve protecting the bulb.

THe plastic seal on one of them is cracked and has let in a load of water which, naturally, is tripping them all out. To keep cost down I think i should be able to replace the plastic intertior (i hope) but was wondering where to go to

No literature on the lights in the place I moved into, so i've no idea of make etc.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

a picture might help get you an answer. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

bgzu.jpg

That's the light.

5ci.JPG

The top screws off like so

c9r8.jpg

The plastic insert on the right is where i have a problem

wxcn.jpg

As you can see it's badly cracked along the thread, which is making a seal impossible. So lots of water getting in= looped phase tripping out all the time

For cost purposes, I'd ideally like to just replace the plastic insert.

If i have to replace the whole light fine

But not keen on replacing all 5 lights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't recognise the fitting but it's a stainless steel bollard, try a Google images search, using its height in mm, stainless steel and bollard,

You could try Google goggles on your phone too see it that pulls it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Had a quick Google images search on my phone, pc would be better, got something similar in outdoor.ie
    Looks like about a 100euro fitting, I think you'll be lucky to get spare parts for it.

Stoner wrote: »
    Had a quick Google images search on my phone, pc would be better, got something similar in outdoor.ie
    Looks like about a 100euro fitting, I think you'll be lucky to get spare parts for it.

Cheers, really appreciate that.

It does look fairly simialr alright. Pricey. Yikes. I'll have a look to see if there is anyway to seal the plastic part and try again before forking out.

Thanks again

Advertisement