Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Party

Options
  • 04-11-2013 1:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

So its that time of the year again. Since i was handed the awful job of goggling and ringing places up

what better place to come and ask for all of your opinions,
    their is six people working within the company and i would like to know where would be the best place in Cork to have a meal and a few drinks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The dog track is a good night out and you dont need an interest in racing or betting to enjoy it. Theres usually a band and a dj on after the races so its an 8 till late venue. The food is good and they come to your table for the betting if you want them too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 CTC_Wallace

Dog Track,

I was there before but its really out of the way as in you need a few cabs to pick you up and bring you back to the town

I was looking at more City Center

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

For 6 people? Really you can pick absolutely any restaurant in the whole city and go to a pub next door afterwards.

Where do you like to eat out normally?

I don't eat out,
    so i don't know where the best place is to eat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

What's your price range? Might help us give a few suggestions.

• Advertisement

the company is paying so

what you go in mind ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

How about The Cornstore? Very central, good cocktail menu. The last time I was in there the food was good even though it gets mixed reviews. I was at a Christmas night out in there 4-5 years ago and the food was nice too. If I remember correctly they do a choice of set menus at different prices and two sittings at around 6 and 8pm. There was no entertainment but I prefer the set up of a meal and the option to go somewhere else for drinks than those hotel Christmas dos with mediocre food and cheesy entertainment. Electric would be central and have decent food and cocktails too. I love Les Gourmadaise for dinner but don't know whether it would suit for a Christmas night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamie GetYourShotGun

Scoozies seems nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

market lane

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chessman

over-rated by a long shot.

• Advertisement

For a group like that I'd pick a lively bar that does food...

So maybe Soho's, or the Electric.

http://www.soho.ie/welcome.php

http://www.electriccork.com/

For a younger group, who might prefer burgers and chips as food, maybe Sober Lane?
    http://www.soberlane.com/grub/

If it's a gang of people who mainly drink beers and like pizza maybe the Bierhaus?
    http://www.thebierhauscork.com/
    Make sure when you ring up, you tell them it's a company group, and book a corner or a table to drink at afterwards as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If theres only 6 of ye I'd probably do Soho for a quick bite in the resturant and drinks/cocktials downstairs, right in the City Centre so afterwards you've the option to go and do what ye want.

market lane

Was their before with work. its nice

how about the Bodega, was never in their since they done it up

The Bodega is fine. I had some decent tapas there during the summer on the tapas trail thing being run by those rioja sales people.

They do party platters and stuff like that, as well as a sit-down food menu.

I'll Put my ideas forward and see what the rest of them think

thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Dog Track,

I was there before but its really out of the way as in you need a few cabs to pick you up and bring you back to the town

I was looking at more City Center

Last time I was there they had a bus service back into the city

Easy to get to too as it's the last stop on the 208 service.

If you're lucky like we were, it's pretty fun leaving a place with more money than you entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

I really like Electric. Have a look at the menu online before you go as it changes once in a while.

Advertisement