Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Lottie Ryan is filling in for Dave Fanning this weekend.

Thanks for the warning!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lottie Ryan is filling in for Dave Fanning this weekend.

FFS!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Had the misfortune to tune in this morning, expecting to hear Dave. Imagine my disappointment to hear her instead.

Though, if 2fm is to be aiming at younger age group, then maybe she's the sort of presenter that would appeal to them. Sure doesn't appeal to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'd be very surprised if Rick is taken off his slot. He knows how to appeal to the younger and the older listener.

His age doesn't matter a jot in my opinion. Steve K of Spin and Andy Mac of Beat are two of the 'older' presenters for youth orientated stations and both are probably two of the better ones too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

When does Eoghan McDermott start on Drive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

When does Eoghan McDermott start on Drive ?
    2fm doesn't even feature on my presets anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one like that. And as for the above mentioned I have no interest in his Twitter account or drive time show pursuits.
    Thank God for Steve K

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

I havent been a fan of 2 fm for...well, ever but its starting to sound good these days. Dan healy is getting his way with presenters. Slowly getting rid of the older ones who, dont forget, probably have contract clauses that have kept them there this long. The new schedule looks a lot fresher already with one more new face to come who's name will surprise a lot. Theres a lot of 2 hour shows tho and A bit less natter would help too. As has been mentioned, if a few more followed the route of steve k it would be great. Its like that man tries to link in less than 5 words to show up the guys and gals doin weather.

You can notice the difference in music. Youth, charty stuff and a bit more consistant. It was all over the place until recently but now targetting younger folk more so in the 20-30 age group.

The imaging tho is poor enough. For a national youth station it should be leading the way in all aspects, including imaging, or at least on par but it falls WAY behind. That of course is just my opinion.

Its going slowly but certainly heading in the right direction of knowing their own identity for the first time in a long time. You may not like that identity but for me, its finally growing one

Fran1985 wrote: »
    with one more new face to come who's name will surprise a lot.

Now would this be someone who already works in radio or another "celebrity" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 I heart TV

Laura Whitmore ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I heart TV wrote: »
    Laura Whitmore ?

And give up lucrative contracts in the UK? No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

zoobizoo wrote: »
    And give up lucrative contracts in the UK? No chance.

She's left MTV and hasn't done much since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

ITV2 - I'm a Celebrity, MTV - Ibiza Rocks, celeb DJing, modelling, voiceovers.... etc so the chances of her leaving a life in London to come back to work for RTE are pretty slim I would imagine unless its a weekend slot.

Don't see it happening but then again....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

zoobizoo wrote: »
    ITV2 - I'm a Celebrity, MTV - Ibiza Rocks, celeb DJing, modelling, voiceovers.... etc so the chances of her leaving a life in London to come back to work for RTE are pretty slim I would imagine unless its a weekend slot.

Don't see it happening but then again....

The Laura Whitmore idea was floated here before, it made no sense then and makes even less sense Now. Having fronted prime time shows on itv, MTV and inevitable talk of her starting her own clothing label as well as the other strings to her bow mentioned above, there would be zero logic in her associating herself with RTE. The national broadcaster would be a huge step down to someone who's spent years in London building a high profile. It's a non runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Fran1985 wrote: »
    The imaging tho is poor enough. For a national youth station it should be leading the way in all aspects, including imaging, or at least on par but it falls WAY behind. That of course is just my opinion.

Agree 100%. 2FM imaging has to be some of the worst I've heard. They really need to sort that out.

Eoghan McDermott is starting Drive at the beginning of September I think.

Agree 100%. 2FM imaging has to be some of the worst I've heard. .

It's bad but it was worse in the John McMahon ere.

Red Fred wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning!!

Lottie is in for Fanning again this weekend. I don't think she is too bad tbh, better than Louise McSharry imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Not a hope in hell is lottie ryan better than louise mcsharry NO comparison!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sports Bra

Official announcement of new schedule likely on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 The Fame

Sports Bra wrote: »
    Official announcement of new schedule likely on Tuesday.

Looks like a no show

• Advertisement

Sure the RTE Guide still has Tubridy listed on 2fm, even tho it ended weeks ago and whats the deal with the extremely long holiday colm Hayes is on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Sure the RTE Guide still has Tubridy listed on 2fm, even tho it ended weeks ago and whats the deal with the extremely long holiday colm Hayes is on ?

Same with the tunein app. I don't know where it pulls the schedule listings from but some of them are years out of date for some rte shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

What is the story with Colm Hayes, is he actually gone from driveby now?
    Like i know McDermott is starting in September and Al Porter is in Edinburgh till September so i can't see Hayes returning without him.
    Did he give any goodbyes or did he just slowly slip away into the obscurity of the weekends and hope that nobody would notice?

Yeah hayes finished on drive about 3 or 4 weeks ago and said he would be back in a couple of weeks doing " exciting new things"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Wouldn't think the average listener would find getting up before 6 on a Satuday morning 'exciting' but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

Same with the tunein app. I don't know where it pulls the schedule listings from but some of them are years out of date for some rte shows.

The same place the head of 2FM pulls it from :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 I heart TV

Next week Breakfast republic and Nicky Byrne are back to their regular time slots with Stephen Byrne on 9 till 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Lads was McDermott starting his drivetime show today scheduled or did one of the fillers leave them in the lurch so they had to push the launch forward?

It must be the least advertised 2fm show on the schedule, i couldn't believe it when i switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

[...]I couldn't believe it when i switched on.

That's just him. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 GenGenie

Any talk of Dave Fanning getting the 9am to 11am gig ? He would be ideal and I think his cover of 9am radio 1 show is great. He probably should have got it after Gerry Ryan died.

Its strange there has been no announcement yet ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement