Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

The young fella doing weekend breakfast this morning said Colm Hayes will be taking over in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Paddy McKenna is leaving his show on weekends with Ruth Scott saying he wants to spend more time with his young family. Can't argue with his reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Paddy McKenna is leaving his show on weekends with Ruth Scott saying he wants to spend more time with his young family. Can't argue with his reasoning.

What's his weekday job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

What's his weekday job?

I think he said he's the editor of Joe.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I only got the end of the show in the car where they mentioned he was leaving and the start of Wills show, was Wills reference to doesn't Paddy know I don't like change just about Paddy leaving or is Will being moved because of Paddy's move?

• Advertisement

Dave Fanning said this morning his weekend show will be on an hour earlier from October from 9 till 11, I really thought a move to Radio 1 would have been on the cards for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭GSF

Dave Fanning said this morning his weekend show will be on an hour earlier from October from 9 till 11, I really thought a move to Radio 1 would have been on the cards for him.

Even less work for Colm Hayes to do then. glad he's not on a big fat salary

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Will Leahy saying tonight that the 6 Mix will be at 7 from next week, which obviously means some changes to the Electric Disco timing.

Any word on a full weekend lineup yet?

Confirmed so far 7 Colm Hayes, 9 Dave Fanning, 11 Rick O Shea, 1=3 Larry Gogan.. 2 hours for everyone at the weekends.

Confirmed so far 7 Colm Hayes, 9 Dave Fanning, 11 Rick O Shea, 1=3 Larry Gogan.. 2 hours for everyone at the weekends.

You'd wonder now with Ruth Scott being pushed to 3 was that the real reason Paddy left?

• Advertisement

You'd wonder now with Ruth Scott being pushed to 3 was that the real reason Paddy left?

Meh a 3pm start isn't really any different from a 2pm start.

Meh a 3pm start isn't really any different from a 2pm start.

Getting cut from a three hour slot to a two hour slot to accommodate an over inflated ego might not go down well with some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Now that 2FM is a different station....

...Will Fannings fab 50 be part of the schedule this christmas???

Are they going to be playing christmas songs from the last 50 years or from just the last 10 years!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Orange Pants

Are they going to be playing christmas songs from the last 50 years or from just the last 10 years!!?

Ah now it's not that different, Larry will be on in the morning to play the first Christmas song. Most defiantly Fairytale of new York and all I want for Christmas is you will be played to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seems mark McCabe isn't doing the chart show on 2fm anymore. It's blathnaid treacy who is on the two tube and also did some radio on spin (I think it's spin) so good luck to her.

Edit: it was spin and she starts New Year's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Seems mark McCabe isn't doing the chart show on 2fm anymore. It's blathnaid treacy who is on the two tube and also did some radio on spin (I think it's spin) so good luck to her.

Edit: it was spin and she starts New Year's Day.

Judging by how utterly bored Mark sounded last Friday, might be no harm to give it to someone new.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jimceart

Hope Larry Gogan isn't axed. He maybe a veteran broadcaster but he still ranks as one of the best. The US would appreciate him where ageism is not alive and kicking.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Judging by how utterly bored Mark sounded last Friday, might be no harm to give it to someone new.

That was Alan McQuillan presenting it last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

That was Alan McQuillan presenting it last Friday.

My mistake. Only heard a few links before I turned back to Friday Night 80's.

This story is in today's Independent. Mark McCabe has resigned from RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

jimceart wrote: »
    Hope Larry Gogan isn't axed. He maybe a veteran broadcaster but he still ranks as one of the best.

Possibly, but on R1 or Gold - not 2FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Tim Reilly

For the first time in 36 years the Christmas RTE Guide has made a dogs dinner out of the 2fm Christmas listings by listening the regular weekday schedule.

Who is head of Music at 2fm now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I wonder has he done a deal to join another station? ;)

Tim Reilly wrote: »

2FM doesnt need a Head of Music now, anyone can load their playout system with the Top 100 popular songs out now and throw in 50 songs from the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Tim Reilly wrote: »

I last remembered it was John Clarke & thought he went somewhere in RTE as usually it's a job for life there, until i found it was Dan Healy, it's been a while since i listened, as i thought Ireland's Biggest Jukebox was good, until i heard Jim o Neill's show on TFM

Nah, Dan Healy is Head of 2FM, as opposed to their Head of Music. Mark McCabe was the Head of Music there, which is why the poster is asking.

Dave Fanning has confirmed that for the first time in 36 years NO fab 50 this year.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's a shame. Even if it were to be on RTÉ Gold or something.

End of another era.

• Advertisement

No Fab 50 is a real shame. It was my introduction to some great songs back in day. You think they could manage to fit a prerecorded show into the schedule somewhere over Christmas. It would fit in nicely on John Creedon's Radio 1 slot over a few evenings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement