Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Tim Reilly wrote: »
    For the first time in 36 years the Christmas RTE Guide has made a dogs dinner out of the 2fm Christmas listings by listening the regular weekday schedule.

I saw that, just like regular days over the Xmas - are there any specials on like Larry Gogan for 3 hours on the 25th playing Xmas songs?

Mark McCabe who has left is listed as doing the Top 30 on the 25th !!:eek:

the presenters on over the christmas sound the same playing the same music, it's very confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

the presenters on over the christmas sound the same playing the same music, it's very confusing!

Prob all training or weekend jocks with assaigned links i.e. They Can only give sport or time updates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Brother camping

I have a feeling the next Jnlrs will be really really bad for 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I have a feeling the next Jnlrs will be really really bad for 2fm.

You mean like the last 5 or 6 books? It doesn't matter, Dan Healy will come out put some stupid spin on it say you have to destroy a station to rebuild it and he'll remain untouchable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Al porter to take over weekend breakfast according to the irish independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

heybaby wrote: »
    Rick O Shea now on twitter asking Radionation : "As a radio "news" site, why report unsubstantiated anonymous rumours from boards?"

Paul wasn't so smug anymore when himself and his grey beard got Shafted to weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

So it seems Lottie Ryan is now doing 6/7am Monday=Friday and the 6/7am slot she used to do at weekends is now automated again

So it seems Lottie Ryan is now doing 6/7am Monday=Friday and the 6/7am slot she used to do at weekends is now automated again

She's absolutely horrendous.
    She shouts every sentence down the mic and she sounds like she's going to have an asthma attack every time she takes a breath.

She's the epitome of a mouth breather.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

She shouts every sentence down the mic and she sounds like she's going to have an asthma attack every time she takes a breath.

It simply shows that lack of creative thinking in relation to presenters that they rely on someone with her limited capabilities - nothing personal against her, but she is simply not good, not entertaining, but falls in line with a lot of the other presenters there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Hey if it keeps her off the the entertainment updates every half hour I'm all for it.

'Refreshing' to hear Squeeze 'Labelled with love' from 1981 on the golden hour today

'Refreshing' to hear Squeeze 'Labelled with love' from 1981 on the golden hour today

They seem to have dropped Larry's old Jingles.

It really is a joke that 2fm haven't had a fixed weekend breakfast host since July 31 last year and now weekenders doesn't have a presenter officially listed either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

It really is a joke that 2fm haven't had a fixed weekend breakfast host since July 31 last year and now weekenders doesn't have a presenter officially listed either.

Isn't it Lottie Ryan? "The Early Breakfast Show"

http://2fm.rte.ie/#work

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Isn't it Lottie Ryan? "The Early Breakfast Show"

http://2fm.rte.ie/#work

No Lottie Ryans show only ran for an hour from 6=7am and even that is no longer on at weekends anymore because Lottie Ryan has moved to the first hour of breakfast republic Monday=Friday.

No Lottie Ryans show only ran for an hour from 6=7am and even that is no longer on at weekends anymore because Lottie Ryan has moved to the first hour of breakfast republic Monday=Friday.

I'm not sure exactly how Lottie's 1,000 listeners for her weekend effort merited her getting promoted to weekdays. Noel Kelly really does seem to have a hold over RTE management.

I'm not sure exactly how Lottie's 1,000 listeners for her weekend effort merited her getting promoted to weekdays. Noel Kelly really does seem to have a hold over RTE management.

I don't think it's a promotion, it's basically so the three stooges have an extra hour in bed.
    And 6-7 is graveyard anyway so they could have Enda Kenny in that slot and it still wouldn't make a difference.
    With KC missing from Red FM last Tuesday & not really being a fan a Dempsey I foolishly tried Breakfast Republic and good god it's as bad as everyone says.

They went on for 10 minutes about the host of countdown being a spy and then proceeded with some clearly badly scripted peice about who in RTE could be a spy, and good Christ it was cringeworthy.
    I would actually prefer Hector, that's how bad it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

He has 2fm's daily ratings on a par with Today fm so do people here think he has done a good job?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MetaQ

gamecube wrote: »
    He has 2fm's daily ratings on a par with Today fm so do people here think he has done a good job?

If that's the measure of his success, then no. The fact that they are on a similar figure now is an indicator of how far Today FM has fallen in the last few years. He has made small gains but Today FM continues to lose audience, but not to 2FM. He got lucky that Today FM started to sink during his tenure and that they seem incapable of plugging the leak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

MetaQ wrote: »
    If that's the measure of his success, then no. The fact that they are on a similar figure now is an indicator of how far Today FM has fallen in the last few years. He has made small gains but Today FM continues to lose audience, but not to 2FM. He got lucky that Today FM started to sink during his tenure and that they seem incapable of plugging the leak.

The main reason for Today FM's drop in listenership is the defection of Ray D'Arcy to RTE Radio 1. They also hired Al Porter recently who a lot of people on here don't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio_Fan_738

No because 2fms deficit has remained unchanged and listenership (despite the propaganda) is actually lower now than in 2013, especially in Dublin.

No because 2fms deficit has remained unchanged and listenership (despite the propaganda) is actually lower now than in 2013, especially in Dublin.

It has never recovered from the passing of Gerry Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Today FM has messed up big time in the past few years..... no doubt about that but in the 7am -7pm slots that go up against Today FM's shows 2FM is pretty even with them..... that is what RTE brought Dan Healy in to do & he has pretty much done it....Ray D'arcy joining RTE radio 1 did help Dan Healy a lot though.

It has never recovered from the passing of Gerry Ryan.

I would say it never recovered from the decision to replace Gerry Ryan with Ryan Tubridy and leaving him there for years after it was obvious he was the wrong choice.

gamecube wrote: »

He also successfully tempted Eoghan McDermott back from London.

I would say it never recovered from the decision to replace Gerry Ryan with Ryan Tubridy and leaving him there years after it was obvious it he was the wrong choice.

Thoughts on Nicky Byrne?

Thoughts on Nicky Byrne?

I don't have any. I've never listened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

The main reason for Today FM's drop in listenership is the defection of Ray D'Arcy to RTE Radio 1. They also hired Al Porter recently who a lot of people on here don't like.

Quite a lot of people on here don't like Ray D'Darcy either, actually a lot more I'd say. So not sure what your point is.

• Advertisement

More Music wrote: »
    Quite a lot of people on here don't like Ray D'Darcy either, actually a lot more I'd say. So not sure what your point is.

The point I'm making is that TFM lost a big name and they haven't really found a big name replacement since. Anton Savage and D&D would both be widely known in Ireland but not to the same degree as D'Arcy. Major celebrities always split opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement