Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Joe Duffy.

I wonder how long will it take 2fm to update the weekend line-up on their website ? Will rick o shea and Will Leahys mugs still be their in 18 months time ?

Have we been told who is getting the Sunday night 6/8 slot yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Joe Duffy. wrote: »
    Have we been told who is getting the Sunday night 6/8 slot yet ?
    I am not sure. I doubt Louise McSharry's show will be extended. Maybe Conor Behan?

I am not sure. I doubt Louise McSharry's show will be extended. Maybe Conor Behan?

Of course the rte guide and saorview epg still have Will Leahy listed, what kind of donkey organization is RTE ? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Sad to see Will Leahy leave. 2fm is a much changed place to the station I grew up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 The Fame

2fm have officially announced their brand new weekend schedule...

http://2fm.rte.ie/2017/10/20/new-voices-coming-weekend/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Why keep fanning there?

The Fame wrote: »
    2fm have officially announced their brand new weekend schedule...

http://2fm.rte.ie/2017/10/20/new-voices-coming-weekend/

98% of that schedule isn't "new" at all. Afric o Connell and C&C have already been on those slots for months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

98% of that schedule isn't "new" at all. Afric o Connell and C&C have already been on those slots for months
    No Conor Behan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Having Mo K is good but 6-8 is too early for The Electric Disco

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    6-8 is too early for Electric Disco

I think it used to be on at that time when it first started about 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Why keep fanning there?

Because of his very very very very loose connection to U2 and getting their "world exclusive" first play.
    Cringe

If Gogan and Fanning are "as relevant today as they ever were" then surely the same goes for Rick and Will? The new weekend schedule would look a hell of a lot better with their two names still there in my humble opinion.

If Gogan and Fanning are "as relevant today as they ever were" then surely the same goes for Rick and Will? The new weekend schedule would look a hell of a lot better with their two names still there in my humble opinion.

Larry wasn't relevant to the youth of 30 years ago, let alone today's youth

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

As someone who is slap bang in the middle of 2FM's target audience.

1. Dave Fanning. Square peg, round hole.
    2. Mo K. If this is his show that he did when he filled in for Chris & Ciara playing upfront dance & urban music this will be brilliant. If it's his Friday night show it's a missed opportunity as Saturday 8pm isn't the time for that kind of show.
    3. DJ Tando on Friday night - looks like it has potential.
    4. Spring Sessions. This should be on at 4am - does anyone even listen?
    5. A dance anthems type show ala BBC Radio 1 would be great on a Saturday evening from 5/6pm. Maybe Mo K will be doing something similar.
    6. The Alternative on nights from 10pm is another poor timeslot use.

For a station trying to target 15-34 year olds this schedule is a really, really poor attempt at rectifying the ongoing weekend problems.

There is also the problem of the terrible weeknight schedule starting with Game On

Did Chris and Ciara deserve their demotion to weekends ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

marno21 wrote: »
    5. A dance anthems type show ala BBC Radio 1 would be great on a Saturday evening from 5/6pm. Maybe Mo K will be doing something similar.

They have one it’s called The Electric Disco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Dan Healy, Head of RTÉ 2FM said; “....One of the great things about 2FM is its heritage. Both Dave Fanning and Larry Gogan continue to be as relevant today as they ever were.”

What a patronising and stupid statement from the clueless "Head of 2FM" who clearly stated before that he does not want anymore heritage or older listeners tuning into 2FM !!

Larry wasn't relevant to the youth of 30 years ago, let alone today's youth

They're obovously untouchable but 2fm seems in the strange position of trying to usher in the new generation as quickly as possible whilst being still being stuck in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Did Chris and Ciara deserve their demotion to weekends ?

They had 9,000 listeners Sun-Thur at 10pm-12am which totals 45,000 listeners over the 5 nights

Now they have 100k listeners on Saturday 11am-1pm & 75,000 listeners on Sunday going by Rick O' Shea's old JNLR figures which is a total of 175k listeners over the 2 weekend days

So they are reaching 130k more listeners by moving to weekends so hardly a demotion!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Hector, Colm Hayes, Ruth Scott, Rick O'Shea, & Will Leahy moved on by Dan Healy

5 gone and 2 more to go in Dan Healy's mind

Dave Fanning & Larry Gogan will be the next 2 to go fairly shortly me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

2FM turned off after Jenny Greene's show within minutes. Dance and RnB may sound similar to an old fart in management (that'd be you, Dan) but the crossover in fanbase terms is probably single digit %

Putting a poor RnB show reefed off 2XM between two dance shows is going to ensure nobody listens to it, or to Mr Spring as they'll have long since turned off.
    gamecube wrote: »
    They had 9,000 listeners Sun-Thur at 10pm-12am which totals 45,000 listeners over the 5 nights

That's not how you calculate reach!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭prunudo

They need a dance show that's playing new stuff, as much as I like the classics on the electric disco they need a show like Jenny's old Friday night programme. With the success of the likes of tomorrowland and ultra I'm surprised it doesn't having the following here to have more dance shows.
    Radio in Ireland is all the same and too safe, focusing on jnlr's and afraid to loose advertisers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

jvan wrote: »
    They need a dance show that's playing new stuff, as much as I like the classics on the electric disco they need a show like Jenny's old Friday night programme. With the success of the likes of tomorrowland and ultra I'm surprised it doesn't having the following here to have more dance shows.
    Radio in Ireland is all the same and too safe, focusing on jnlr's and afraid to loose advertisers.
    RTE 2FM's dance output hasn't advanced since Dan Healy began the "regeneration" in 2014.

A dance show, ala Jenny's Friday night show or even like Mo K's when he fills in for Chris & Ciara would be very popular in the evenings.

A lot more popular than Dan Hegarty/Louise McSharry/Mr Spring etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mo K's output is not dance and will repel a dance audience - as was my point. Springer's show is screwed now that that is on before it.

L1011 wrote: »
    Mo K's output is not dance and will repel a dance audience - as was my point. Springer's show is screwed now that that is on before it.
    Not sure if that's aimed at me or the other poster.

Mo K used to fill in for Chris & Ciara during the last few summers, playing dance/house/urban/hip hop, which was a very good show.

Mo K used to present a Friday night show of upfront urban & hip hop.

I presume the latter above has moved to Saturday nights - what I'm saying is there would be a decent opportunity for a show like the first one above.

They have an new program this evening called "The Request show" is it 1987? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sterlingwork

They have an new program this evening called "The Request show" is it 1987? FFS

I heard it. It sounds more like south county Dublin school radio in 1987...

• Advertisement

Request show was fairly uninspiring now I have to say. Nothing original or interesting from what I heard. Going to struggle to beat Hector's Sunday Sitting Room and Ed's Spngs of Praise in the ratings methinks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement