Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Who do people here think is the best presenter on 2fm at the minute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

gamecube wrote: »
    Who do people here think is the best presenter on 2fm at the minute?

Dan Hegarty in my opinion.

Dan Hegarty in my opinion.

Eoghan McDermott is the best I think, he mixes the serious with the silly quite well.

Wouldn't mind hearing some new part time voices on 2FM in the near future. Maybe some RTE Pulse presenters?

Was nice to hear Dave Treacy on drivetime on Bank Holiday Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Will Jen be coming back to the breakfast show?
    Lottie Ryan seriously grinds my gears

Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

She's coming back the first week in September according to her interview in TV Now a few weeks ago.

Is Dan Healy a great man that turned 2fm around or was he lucky that Today FM has been slowly sinking these last couple of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is Dan Healy a great man that turned 2fm around or was he lucky that Today FM has been slowly sinking these last couple of years?

A bit of bought I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

iseegirls wrote: »
    She's coming back the first week in September according to her interview in TV Now a few weeks ago.

You can't tell with her, she's an awful liar :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,936 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Bit of both. But I'd go more on the side of todayfm decided to turn itself into the titanic of Irish radio but he's done good stuff that have helped. I actually did something I'd have never thought of doing before and I deleted the todayfm app off my phone. I mean I don't listen to the station so might aswell delete it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bit of both. But I'd go more on the side of todayfm decided to turn itself into the titanic of Irish radio but he's done good stuff that have helped. I actually did something I'd have never thought of doing before and I deleted the todayfm app off my phone. I mean I don't listen to the station so might aswell delete it.

It is amazing to see the quick slide of Today FM these past couple of years, but even Ian Dempsey was laughing on his twitter account about Dan Healy saying that 2fm was going to take them on when he got the job in 2013

Ian aint laughing now cause Breakfast Republic is miles ahead in the JNLR figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

It is amazing to see the quick slide of Today FM these past couple of years, but even Ian Dempsey was laughing on his twitter account about Dan Healy saying that 2fm was going to take them on when he got the job in 2013

Ian aint laughing now cause Breakfast Republic is miles ahead in the JNLR figures.

Cripes-really? Damn, that's bloody sad.

Such a pity Chris & Ciara left their brilliant 10pm show on weeknights to do 4 hours of garbage at the weekend.

Will Nicky Byrne still get his full £200,000 pay packet even though he will be missing for most of 2019 on 2fm?

Will Nicky Byrne still get his full £200,000 pay packet even though he will be missing for most of 2019 on 2fm?

He'll need it-seems the Spice Girls tour will mean Westlife are left collecting pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

He'll need it-seems the Spice Girls tour will mean Westlife are left collecting pennies.

??? Theyve sold out one (possibly 2 nights) in croke park, and 1 night with a second added in Belfast. And thats just in ireland.

Id say the official line will be he's on a sabbatical something like ivan yates did. Then he'll pack it in altogether if they have success with their new music. Given that Steve mac and ed Sheeran are writing their songs its very possible that they'll have huge success and carry on touring.

The spice girls will have no impact what so ever

Fran1985 wrote: »
    ??? Theyve sold out one (possibly 2 nights) in croke park, and 1 night with a second added in Belfast. And thats just in ireland.

Id say the official line will be he's on a sabbatical something like ivan yates did. Then he'll pack it in altogether if they have success with their new music. Given that Steve mac and ed Sheeran are writing their songs its very possible that they'll have huge success and carry on touring.

The spice girls will have no impact what so ever

Maybe, maybe not-but Spice girls have already sold out all their shows, meaning new dates have been added.

Plus their reunion was highly publicised. Compared to the restrained announcement via Westlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I seem to recall the Spice Girls attempted a reunion several years ago and it fell flat on its face. They aborted a planned tour due to low sales. Wondering what’s so different this time?! It seems well publicised this time round anyway. I guess it’s all about the marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I seem to recall the Spice Girls attempted a reunion several years ago and it fell flat on its face. They aborted a planned tour due to low sales. Wondering what’s so different this time?! It seems well publicised this time round anyway. I guess it’s all about the marketing.

All about making mega bucks from idiots paying top dollah to see a bunch of has-beens.

It’s their choice i know, but this stuff never fails to perplex me.

Gerry Ryan was the highest earner ever on 2fm, he got something like £600,000 a year 10 years ago if I remember correctly?

JoeA3 wrote: »

Apparently they made their money after a few shows, then cancelled the rest.

This time they're really pushing it, because many of them are now broke. (Mel B had a very expensive divorce as well as as highly publicised spending spree that left her broke).

Apparently they made their money after a few shows, then cancelled the rest.

This time they're really pushing it, because many of them are now broke. (Mel B had a very expensive divorce as well as as highly publicised spending spree that left her broke).

They are lucky that Nostalgia for the 90's is huge right now & they will make loads of cash this time!

Who do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Who do you reckon?

Just relay Rick on RTE Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A transition year student, if they’re looking for the same standard of presenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,343 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Gay Byrne

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Colm heyes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

One of the Ryan children

Who was that one that was trying to become a singer.

That does not seem to have worked so she needs a chance at something else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement