Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 smartyfarts

Bonnie Ryan.

I loved her song & performance on The ray Darcy Show.

"Going out tonight" I think it was called. She mimed and danced abhorrently. It was a hilarious sh*t show and the audience were all awkward as she was twerking and floppin her belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

thank jasus this guy would do your head in , always thought he made the show a bit childish the way he went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Colm and Lucy. Get them off Nova.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Looks like Jennifer Zampadiddlydoodle is getting the gig.

I thought nothing could be as bad as Nicky Byrne.

That taught me.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/jennifer-zamparelli-to-leave-breakfast-republic-as-she-lands-her-own-2fm-radio-show-37900002.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Please tell me you are joking.

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Please tell me you are joking.

I've added the link!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

This is very wrong if true, Jenny Greene doesn't deserve to be kicked out the door after 5 years on the air just cause Nicky is going on tour! Bad move by Dan Healy!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Monkey from Dublin zoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Dustin!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

gamecube wrote: »
    This is very wrong if true, Jenny Greene doesn't deserve to be kicked out the door after 5 years on the air just cause Nicky is going on tour! Bad move by Dan Healy!

I agree, they work well as a duo but she's good by herself too. Much better than Zampareili has shown on air so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

What bout PJ and Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I agree, they work well as a duo but she's good by herself too. Much better than Zampareili has shown on air so far.

What happens when Nicky comes back from the Westlife World Tour?

The Jennifer Zampareili Show with Nicky Byrne?

gamecube wrote: »
    What happens when Nicky comes back from the Westlife World Tour?

The Jennifer Zampareili Show with Nicky Byrne?

Don't be daft, Jennifer will be presenting the Late Late of a Friday and Prime Time by the time he returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

So we get JZ (not gonna attempt to spell her surname) by herself in the afternoons and Lottie Ryan goes full-time at breakfast, absolute madness

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JoeCasey

I reckon a sack full of rotten oranges might be a comparable replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I’m kinda done with 2fm if this is true. I don’t mind Jennifer in the mornings but that’s because she has good chemistry with Bernard and Keith. Don’t know how she’ll pull off a show on her own. Can’t stand Lottie.

Bring back Rick O’Shea, Cormac Battle and Will Leahy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Nicky is only doing 20 dates as westlife. No need to replace the current djs. Jenny does a fine job when nicky is not on air. Then again I find myself listening to classic hits more and more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

It is true. Jenny leaving.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu53OfVn9oP/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ah no.
    I like Jenny and the electric disco.
    She should have always had the late morning show by herself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

WTF people like Maguire? Holy **** she is an annoying fool.

There isn't one presenter daytime on 2fm that's likeable. 3 airheads in the morning currently. There was a HVAC guy on the other morning and they asked what he did. He said he makes sure the air conditioning is working.

Keith and maguire made some airhead comment like how they didn't realise there was air conditioning in Ireland because it's cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

She is right with what she said about moving from evening to daytime and then back to evening is not progress! She is right to leave - but where does she go from there? Hopefully it won't be the last we hear of Jenny on the airwaves. She could have held her own on primetime radio … sure didn't she carry Nicky for the last few years :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Wow, thats pretty stupid from 2fm.

Fair play to Jenny for standing her ground. Hopefully she lands on her feet.

This is definitely one where I feel cheated, much like when Anton Savage left Today FM. Nicky and Jenny had a great chemistry. Their show worked. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

I'm absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You couldn’t make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Some questions.

Is Bernard gone from breakfast aswell? Haven't heard it in a while so I could be wrong.

Is Keith now playing second fiddle to Lottie on breakfast. Bit of a kick in the teeth if he is seeing as he was lead for 4 odd years and she was only a stopgap if Jennifer or Bernard were absent.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭bureau2009

2FM (RTE Radio 2) is 40 years old this May.

Who could have envisaged back then that 40 years later someone like Jennifer Whatshername would have a prime slot on 2FM?

It's not exactly progress, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Bad news. Jenny Greene will be a major loss, she was totally shafted here by RTE.

Jennifer Zamparelli doesn't start this new show until June - what will happen between now and then? Please tell me it's not whoever they have filling in the slot over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wait I've just seen the statement for Nicky about leaving because of the Boyzone Jr anniversary tour and to be fair it's not a shock but am I reading the last few posts right ? So, have I read the last few posts on page 4 right ? Is Jenny greene gone totally from 2fm now as well ? Ah FFS lads. I mean I don't listen a lot but on the weekends and before I used to love listening to Jenny Greene do what she is very good at. Is there a national spot open for her that I'm forgetting atm ? Surely a step down to local radio would be well a step down. Has the Today Fm top brass taken over 2fm for the day or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wait I've just seen the statement for Nicky about leaving because of the Boyzone Jr anniversary tour and to be fair it's not a shock but am I reading the last few posts right ? So, have I read the last few posts on page 4 right ? Is Jenny greene gone totally from 2fm now as well ? Ah FFS lads. I mean I don't listen a lot but on the weekends and before I used to love listening to Jenny Greene do what she is very good at. Is there a national spot open for her that I'm forgetting atm ? Surely a step down to local radio would be well a step down. Has the Today Fm top brass taken over 2fm for the day or what ?

She sees herself as above evening radio. She might get something on 98fm or classic hits or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Give it to a newbie, somebody it off college and/or looking for a break.

Pro :
    Save money on salary
    Give somebody a chance
    Improve quality
    Get rid of Nicky Byrne

Con :
    Not really seeing any

NOT A CELEBRITY OR INFLUENCER

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement