Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Has Doireann started on brekkie yet? If so, that's similar to how her new co host started on drivetime early back in 2015.

She starts in studio on Tuesday. She was out around the country giving away free money to listeners this morning .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Given that they're targeting more of a female audience with that line up, I'm surprised they're keeping Game On, it seemed out of place before, now it seems even stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Game On in its previous guise used to be more or less part of Drivetime on Radio 1

Moving it to an earlier slot on 2FM is to cater for the sports fan commuters

there's nowhere else to put it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Much like Dave Fanning

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Game On in its previous guise used to be more or less part of Drivetime on Radio 1

Moving it to an earlier slot on 2FM is to cater for the sports fan commuters

Game on is relatively new dropping it would make more sense, and it wouldn’t be noticed, those looking for music on the way home will now move to local music stations rather than stay with 2fm. Six months down the road game on will be moved back or put in RTÉ Radio 1 extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LazerShark

"Here's a letter from someone I can't name" and he proceeds name to them, their friend, their location, age and year in school.

"I got this last week, she's from South-West". She's from Waterford.

I turned off when he shouted swearing and shouting. Imagine working for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

People will work for anyone if it enables them to sit behind a microphone and broadcast to the nation. Never understimate the ego of your average DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    She starts in studio on Tuesday. She was out around the country giving away free money to listeners this morning .

"We literally have to PAY you to listen to our show"...

That's what all that screams to me, to be honest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

"We literally have to PAY you to listen to our show"...

That's what all that screams to me, to be honest.

There's no amount of cash that could convince me to listen to that breakfast show...

• Advertisement

Jennifer's show sounds much like a music show, chat from what I listen to was minimal, nothing majorly bad or good about the show.

When does Game On move to 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Zamparellis show was pretty inoffensive. Thought she was going to try be all comedian and zany but was pretty relaxed.

bot43 wrote: »
    Zamparellis show was pretty inoffensive. Thought she was going to try be all comedian and zany but was pretty relaxed.

not that i'll be listening ...but her voice is far too harsh for someone having their own show

As time goes on, her show will become more chat and less music. This is a bedding in period.

Loughc wrote: »
    There's no amount of cash that could convince me to listen to that breakfast show...

I have a worrying feeling they'll end up putting drugs in the water so you fall asleep with the radio on accidentally give em an audience.

Doireann's like someone with the flu-I don't wanna be around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

The Irish Times on Jennifer Zamparelli; '' a sarky presenter of little wit or charm''. Bang on, I've never understood her appeal.

The Irish Times on Jennifer Zamparelli; '' a sarky presenter of little wit or charm''. Bang on, I've never understood her appeal.

Terrible choice by dan healy and his team. Totally not suitable for radio. Are they trying to make here out to be the next gerry ryan?

Just relay RTE Gold ffs !!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

Are they trying to make here out to be the next gerry ryan?

Incredible that this person is Gerry Ryan's successor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Actually it was Ryan Tubridy, then Nicky and Jenny and now her.

Mick Heaney, I'm guessing?

One of the few in the media to give an honest account of the talent, and sometimes the abundant lack of it, in RTE.

• Advertisement

They shouldn't be even trying to replace Gerry Ryan at this stage. He died in 2010, when many of 2FM's target demographic were making their first holy communion. His show and his audience have no place on a youth station. It's less chat they should be having on that station, not more of it. Unless even the people who run the station think that today's top 40 is so vapid, they need "content creators" to break up all that autotuned, algorithm generated sameyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Joslyn Obedient Shot-putter

RTE thinks she's edgy....and holding on to the mean girl act she had on Republic of Telly which was fun for about 15 minutes....I loved it when Peter Casey put her back in her box when she lied about confronting him on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Breakfast show this morning talking about boat party for listeners.
    Boat company is run by the Garrihys, the new presenters family !

Hardly appropriate to be giving work and advertising to family members ?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭smurke

Snap! Can anyone PM me this article, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

It was nice to hear Jenny back today.

RTE thinks she's edgy....and holding on to the mean girl act she had on Republic of Telly which was fun for about 15 minutes....I loved it when Peter Casey put her back in her box when she lied about confronting him on twitter

That tweet got more 'likes' than his response, which shows you how fast a lie can get around the world before the truth gets a chance to put it's shoes on.

She had just gotten the DWTS gig, and if it had been me, I'd have suspended the witch, without pay, for that kind of lying.
    I used to tolerate her, now I think she's horrible.
    I admire the many, many news outlets that went 'sorry sweety, but you're lying-Casey answered this question weeks ago'.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tuned in to the morning show today - it’s literally the exact same as Eoghan’s drivetime show and Doireann just chimes in now and again. Very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

LizT wrote: »
    Tuned in to the morning show today - it’s literally the exact same as Eoghan’s drivetime show and Doireann just chimes in now and again. Very boring.

That's exactly what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

64210964_2707846295898701_9031826970878410752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=ff84ae1f4d035c082b2e953f8cc13912&oe=5D98402F

62320191_2707846595898671_7814755559860600832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=2f36f35626396313a2fc3b7fd38e0758&oe=5D9E0B92

62376064_2707846815898649_5663037434883997696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=23678764fadb195c5d917fa75dc2a1a9&oe=5D9D4CB1

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »

Listen to the end of the show this morning. Doireann is a comedy/writer and I have never read OMG I'm a Complete Aisling! but you'd think she'd have read it as a writer, anyway she's got The Doireann Project returning to RTÉ Player, IMO RTÉ a desperately trying to sell their player to their audience and this is the reason she on the morning show. (Because IMO! They're Complete Muppets!).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement