Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Oh God I hope not. Can't stand McSharry.

Dave will be switched to RTE Gold like Rick, Will & Larry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

woeful presenters on 2FM...all i hear is them talking about unknown artists 'dropping' their new song

paul russell and dan healy should be ashamed of the station

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It's probably not just a 2FM issue, but everytime they have a Lewis Capaldi song - they HAVE to always remind us about his instagram account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

iseegirls wrote: »
    It's probably not just a 2FM issue, but everytime they have a Lewis Capaldi song - they HAVE to always remind us about his instagram account.

Oh God... Lewis Capaldi...

I often put on random playlists while I work. Set it to shuffle, and work away.

Capaldi comes on and I hit that "skip track button" so fast, I'm a blur.

I normally can get thru any song by gritting my teeth and baring with it.

Capaldi is insufferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

woeful presenters on 2FM...all i hear is them talking about unknown artists 'dropping' their new song

I think that's a sign that 2FM is not for you. I'm sure it's fine for what it is - a youth station. In comparison to the train wreck that is Today FM, 2FM seems to be doing fine. It is a horrendous waste of taxpayer's money, which is my biggest beef with it. Nobody has the cojones to close the station down though.

• Advertisement

I think that's a sign that 2FM is not for you. I'm sure it's fine for what it is - a youth station. In comparison to the train wreck that is Today FM, 2FM seems to be doing fine. It is a horrendous waste of taxpayer's money, which is my biggest beef with it. Nobody has the cojones to close the station down though.

That's the problem, you listen to Spin FM, to name just one radio station, and there's a balance of modern music with GOOD music.

2fm, you can tell when they're paid to promote music. Not good stuff, just paid. There's a difference between putting out good music, and paid promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fat Sean

She's permanent but Louise will be getting a new show in the Autumn.

I've no idea where they'll fit McSharry, they've more than enough presenters as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

uggggh everytime i hear a 'presenter' say this word i want to stop what im doing and punch the radio.

Oh God I hope not. Can't stand McSharry.

she is one i actually dont mind i have to say. she is a hell of a lot better that what is on mornings/days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

iseegirls wrote: »

We got reminded how good it is this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Seems Zamps show is pretty much going to be like a radio version of the front page of Cosmo. SEX seems to be the only topic she wants to talk about.

bot43 wrote: »
    Seems Zamps show is pretty much going to be like a radio version of the front page of Cosmo. SEX seems to be the only topic she wants to talk about.

Ah, fer fecks sake... Sex and the City was almost 20 years ago, is this how 'up to date' RTE are?

And it's a morning show... ya just want lazy listening while the coffee kicks in... not nonsense.

Wasn't this the station supposed to appeal to the 'youth'... Your show is dated already.
    Cripes... will her next topic be 'That internet is quite corking. My 56Kbps connection tonite was amazing-I downloaded a WHOLE song'.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

And again. She now has a weekly guest sex expert.

Its bottom of the barrel stuff.

I liberally dont mind her show but she needs to branch out a bit.

bot43 wrote: »
    And again. She now has a weekly guest sex expert.

Its bottom of the barrel stuff.

I liberally dont mind her show but she needs to branch out a bit.

Bottom of the barrel is her trademark. Every show she's done is bottom of the barrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Bottom of the barrel is her trademark. Every show she's done is bottom of the barrell.

Switched it on today for I would say 1 minute. She was taking about how she was going to advise people to deal with a boss in work. I switched it off as I presume it was something along the lines of 'Ride him!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Really enjoying Jenny Greene's music

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭prunudo

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Really enjoying Jenny Greene's music

Agree, first time in years that I've started listening to 2fm at that hour of the day. Probably as far back as Will Leahy or further however long that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

If you're not a woman aged 25-40 then bugger off from 2fm in the mid morning.

A truly bizarre attitude. The only bright spot being Zamp is 39 herself so hopefully she's out the gap soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/if-that-was-an-irish-woman-aged-2540-then-id-be-worried-jennifer-zamparelli-on-scathing-review-of-new-radio-show-38258445.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

PCeeeee wrote: »

A truly bizarre attitude. The only bright spot being Zamp is 39 herself so hopefully she's it the gap soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/if-that-was-an-irish-woman-aged-2540-then-id-be-worried-jennifer-zamparelli-on-scathing-review-of-new-radio-show-38258445.html
    "Unlike TV, where it's pretty instant, radio takes time to build up a show."

No the difference is you get TV statistics the next day, on Radio you get it 6 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

PCeeeee wrote: »

A truly bizarre attitude. The only bright spot being Zamp is 39 herself so hopefully she's out the gap soon.

I don't believe she is 39. Wasn't there something about her lying about her age at some stage?

43 I'd say

• Advertisement

I don't believe she is 39. Wasn't there something about her lying about her age at some stage?

43 I'd say

Wouldn't surprise me, I have suspicions many presenters lie about their ages.

I don't think it was, I do believe KAtey French lied about her age. Definitely look a lot older than 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you are declaring an age not equal to your actual age and working for state media you should be sacked for fraud. If I pay a licence for TV to stop me being imprisoned I'd expect state media to provide accurate ages for those they employ/contract.

If you are declaring an age not equal to your actual age and working for state media you should be sacked for fraud. If I pay a licence for TV to stop me being imprisoned I'd expect state media to provide accurate ages for those they employ/contract.

That's a bit Draconian. Even if you apply for a job, they don't need to know your age on your CV.

RTE can maintain records of peoples ages, date of Births or whatever. But they don't have to disclose them to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

That's a bit Draconian. Even if you apply for a job, they don't need to know your age on your CV.

RTE can maintain records of peoples ages, date of Births or whatever. But they don't have to disclose them to the public.

If someone employed/contracted by RTE declares their age and it doesn't equal their actual age it needs to be revealed by RTE as fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭GSF

If someone employed/contracted by RTE declares their age and it doesn't equal their actual age it needs to be revealed by RTE as fraud.

Lol how exactly does it meet the legal definition of fraud? Who is suffering injury in this instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

GSF wrote: »
    Lol how exactly does it meet the legal definition of fraud? Who is suffering injury in this instance?

When she dies at the age of 75, the assurance people will be say but she said she was only 69.

everytime a bit of sun comes out do we have to hear a conversation about 99s on the radio? eh no we dont, its been flogged to death. pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,936 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pat Kenny asked some genuine questions in the Irish daily star today about 2fm. He made one quote where it was a station with music with a little talk, to now being a station with little music and a lot of talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Didn't 2fm once have a slogan that went "More music, less talk". Or was it one of the other stations?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Pat Kenny asked some genuine questions in the Irish daily star today about 2fm. He made one quote where it was a station with music with a little talk, to now being a station with little music and a lot of talk.

Well, radio stations usually get paid for certain tracks, and music promotion. The increase in talking is probably down to music companies not paying to promote their music. (It's similar to when you go into a supermarket, and see certain products at eye level, others higher up, or lower down. The products at eye level pay to be at eye level).
    So they have to fill that endless gap of no music with 'talk'.

It's a shame, there was a time when 2fm was the pulse of music radio in IReland... now you're lucky to find a pulse.
    Too obsessed with identity politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement