Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

The station should be shut down, would save 5 million euros per year. Very few would miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Elmo wrote: »
    they are really pushing Doireann and Eoghan, they were hilarious on ROT, did you see them, I laughed!

Surprised Eoghann was there...thought the ROT was a tool of the patriarchy, and was oppressing women, and all this glamorization is objectifying women and his sister Roe is going to be so ANGRY that he didn't protest the event to stop all these young women being used and abused.

Sure there should be a trans, lesbian, non-binary, non-earth based Rose selected for the competition-has Mars got any eligible ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭bureau2009

The one significant thing about the recent 2FM reshuffle is that

LOTTIE RYAN DIDN'T GET A SHOW.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Joslyn Obedient Shot-putter

bureau2009 wrote: »
    The one significant thing about the recent 2FM reshuffle is that

LOTTIE RYAN DIDN'T GET A SHOW.

Cheers!

otherside of the coin we get Eoghan mc Dermott and Doireann gahirty

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otherside of the coin we get Eoghan mc Dermott and Doireann gahirty

Those two managed to make Breakfast Republic look good. Maybe that was Dan's masterplan from years ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Does any other station even have entertainment updates on the hour?

The Spin stations do, the one person does it for both stations. Don't know of any other youth brands with them outside those and 2FM though.

Not a fan of Jen Z talking about sex. I've turned the station on a couple of times and it makes it awkward in the office when a colleague walks in and I'm listening to something about sex. I just don't bother with the show in work anymore. Always available as a podcast anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

The Spin stations do, the one person does it for both stations. Don't know of any other youth brands with them outside those and 2FM though.

Not a fan of Jen Z talking about sex. I've turned the station on a couple of times and it makes it awkward in the office when a colleague walks in and I'm listening to something about sex. I just don't bother with the show in work anymore. Always available as a podcast anyway.

Why are the tax payers paying for her to give away sex toys on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

I was flicking through the channels either yesterday or today and she was going to have some fella on talking about and I quote "Willie's not working", she is insufferable and seems to be only able to talk about one thing and it gets boring very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Well done to Eoghan for giving 1,000 euro of his own money to the Walk in my shoes charity

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Love Island winner Greg O'Shea is replacing Eoghan for nine weeks while Eoghan goes to work on Love Island Australia

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0906/1074426-love-islands-greg-stepping-in-on-2fm-breakfast-show/

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    Love Island winner Greg O'Shea is replacing Eoghan for nine weeks while Eoghan goes to work on Love Island Australia

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0906/1074426-love-islands-greg-stepping-in-on-2fm-breakfast-show/

This is an obvious PR stunt.. but the timing couldn't be worse for em.

That Greg fella has just split with whoever it was he was dating, and she's going ape-spit and calling him a user.

Methinks those 9 weeks will be 9 minutes.

Wonder if this will be an excuse to give Lottie Ryan a shot? There's no winners here tbh. I mean, not if you're the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Has he ever presented anything on radio before? Oddest move ever to have a newbie leading one of the most important slots a radio channel has - at breakfast time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭its_steve116

iseegirls wrote: »
    Has he ever presented anything on radio before? Oddest move ever to have a newbie leading one of the most important slots a radio channel has - at breakfast time.

It's nothing new for celebrities to guest present on prime time radio shows.

It's nothing new for celebrities to guest present on prime time radio shows.

They always do stunt presenting gigs. And it's RTE They want to 'capitalise' on a popular trend....

At least until folks move on and forget this crud.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I posted this on the second of May and it’s even more relevant today.

The only people I feel sorry for is anyone who remotely has an interest in becoming a radio DJ as a career working their way up on small stations and dj’ing at night time to make ends meet only to have 2fm and todayFM give up prime time slots to hack Instagram scammers on the hope they get a quick increase in listenership from all of the Instagram huns.

It’s actually a sad state of affairs. Healy hasn’t a clue. 6am to 3pm now completely avoidable.

Loughc wrote: »
    I posted this on the second of May and it’s even more relevant today.

The only people I feel sorry for is anyone who remotely has an interest in becoming a radio DJ as a career working their way up on small stations and dj’ing at night time to make ends meet only to have 2fm and todayFM give up prime time slots to hack Instagram scammers on the hope they get a quick increase in listenership from all of the Instagram huns.

It’s actually a sad state of affairs. Healy hasn’t a clue. 6am to 3pm now completely avoidable.

or they'll have to hope they've a relative in RTE to get a crack at a radio career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Fibromyalgia

Still no sign of Louise Mcsharry's return, it was in the tabloids back in the summer that she'd be returning with an new show in September but I did wonder how they'd squeeze her in to an already bloated schedule for a loss making station.

Still no sign of Louise Mcsharry's return, it was in the tabloids back in the summer that she'd be returning with an new show in September but I did wonder how they'd squeeze her in to an already bloated schedule for a loss making station.

Wasn't that announced before she had her second kid? She had the kid in May, I imagine RTE had to make a few changes and reshuffle after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

She said on Instagram recently that she’ll be back in 2fm at the end of September

LizT wrote: »
    She said on Instagram recently that she’ll be back in 2fm at the end of September

Ah,so it's still early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Did you hear the discussion on JZ's show this morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Did you hear the discussion on JZ's show this morning :eek:

nope. what was it

cena wrote: »
    nope. what was it

Didn’t hear it myself but guessing sex related.

or virtue signalling, or making up more stuff which didnt happen cough Casey on the LLS Cough

very graphic discussion and advice on Anal Sex
    https://2fm.rte.ie/2fm-shows/jen-zamparelli-on-2fm/

Dave Fanning sitting in for JZ this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

very graphic discussion and advice on Anal Sex

Im no prude but I did think that was a very odd thing to be discussing? And who was yer one anyways, she hardly calls herself an "anal expert"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

That's exactly what they're going for and what they're looking for in 2FM, did you ask hear the bit they did about Gerry Ryan a few months back?
    Most of the snippets they used were risque and sexual but Gerry Ryan had a way of doing that, with JZ they're hoping for the same topics to be discussed but she doesn't have a nice way about her so it just comes across as crude and common.

Slightly off topic guys, do you remember 2fm running a RWC trip to Japan competition all last week where they were taking qualifiers for a final which is supposed to take place today?
    Anyway I haven't heard one mention of it since last Friday which is strange as they'd normally have qualifiers up until the day and they'd be tearing the arse out of it every 10 minutes but I don't even know what show the final is on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

That's exactly what they're going for and what they're looking for in 2FM, did you ask hear the bit they did about Gerry Ryan a few months back?
    Most of the snippets they used were risque and sexual but Gerry Ryan had a way of doing that, with JZ they're hoping for the same topics to be discussed but she doesn't have a nice way about her so it just comes across as crude and common.

Slightly off topic guys, do you remember 2fm running a RWC trip to Japan competition all last week where they were taking qualifiers for a final which is supposed to take place today?
    Anyway I haven't heard one mention of it since last Friday which is strange as they'd normally have qualifiers up until the day and they'd be tearing the arse out of it every 10 minutes but I don't even know what show the final is on today?

Gerry could do that and then talk to some 90 year old about having 70 year old Christmas lights that still worked. He was a once off, trying to compare anyone is pointless. I listen to JZ once for 20 minutes, that was enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

So did no one else hear the Competition to the Rugby world cup in Japan?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement