Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Will Dave Fanning be pre-rec? I like his Anton Savage slot but him at that time of the day on a youth station is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

flazio wrote: »
    They finally found somewhere to put Louise McSharry, from this time next week, she'll do Saturday and Sunday morning 9 to 11, Chris and Ciara stay on 11 to 1, Dave Fanning now comes in 1pm to 3, Stephen Byrne 3 to 5 and Keith Walsh 5 to 7pm.

I’d say they are all staffers. Bar Dave Fanning (& maybe Stephen Byrne) all friends of the head of 2fm.

Is Keith Walsh still on Radio 1 in the morning?

You’d have to make them all redundant if they are staffers, not simply a case of not renewing their contracts.

I thought Louise McSharry had returned from maternity leave a few months back? What’s she been doing since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Fanning is not pre rec. some guests slots are I imagine. good to see this move to 1pm. lets hope he can continue to play what he wants between the guests

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Does anyone listen to that rubbish breakfast show in the morning? I was flicking through the stations this morning and stopped on the new Taylor Swift song not realizing what station I had stopped at, when the song ended someone trying to impersonate Maura Higgins came on, it was about as funny as getting kicked in the nuts, I then checked what station it was and it was 2FM. How in the name of God are them two doses surviving the chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Cheer up Farmer Browne. They're not for everyone, doesn't mean they're not for no-one. Not their biggest fan either but that's what the radio dial is there for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Does anyone listen to that rubbish breakfast show in the morning? I was flicking through the stations this morning and stopped on the new Taylor Swift song not realizing what station I had stopped at, when the song ended someone trying to impersonate Maura Higgins came on, it was about as funny as getting kicked in the nuts, I then checked what station it was and it was 2FM. How in the name of God are them two doses surviving the chop.

+1

I cant listen to them either, between Eoghans woke work attitude and weird obsession with Picture This and Doireanns jokes and impersonations, I just want to put my foot through the radio. I enjoyed listening to Bernard, Keith and Jen, and I'd still listen to Jen's show if I'm near a radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

flazio wrote: »
    Cheer up Farmer Browne. They're not for everyone, doesn't mean they're not for no-one. Not their biggest fan either but that's what the radio dial is there for.

I really do question who they’re for. I’ve tried listening over the past couples of months just to see what they get up to.

Only a couple of weeks back, Doireann was covering an entertainment story that was on every other station the day before (almost 24 hours old by that point). She said she’d “just found” a clip relating to the story (that all the stations had used the day before) and played it from her phones speakers into the mic. Research-wise, that’s the height of laziness and very poor show from the producer as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Trampas

Eoghan McDermott is set to depart RTE 2FM as the radio presenter has decided to swap breakfasts in Ireland for the beaches of Bondi.

Popular radio host Eoghan has been co-hosting the early morning show on RTE 2FM with Doireann Garrihy since last summer, a partnership that appeared to be paying off.

But just this week Eoghan informed his bosses at Montrose that he was leaving the slot and is preparing to embark on new opportunities overseas.

Trampas wrote: »
    Eoghan McDermott is set to depart RTE 2FM as the radio presenter has decided to swap breakfasts in Ireland for the beaches of Bondi.

Popular radio host Eoghan has been co-hosting the early morning show on RTE 2FM with Doireann Garrihy since last summer, a partnership that appeared to be paying off.

But just this week Eoghan informed his bosses at Montrose that he was leaving the slot and is preparing to embark on new opportunities overseas.

Did they not offer him 200,000 to stay?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There is a god!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Joslyn Obedient Shot-putter

Can he take doireann and lotty with him

How will picture this take the news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Trampas

Loughc wrote: »
    There is a god!!

I’ve been call many things but I don’t remember been called god before

What a day to be alive. Can he bring his equally annoying side kick with him so we can go back to listening to morning radio on 2fm.

Can he bring his mini-me Stephen Byrne with him too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

Shame he is leaving. I liked his evening show till he was moved to the breakfast show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

cena wrote: »
    Shame he is leaving. I liked his evening show till he was moved to the breakfast show

Similar if not exactly the same, I liked the evening show as soon as he moved to breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Lottie and Keith to make their come back ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Lottie and Keith to make their come back ;)

I don't think Keith was happy with weekend show he was given after the change. You could hear it in him during the first weekend not been happy

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He'll probably be replaced with that fella from Love Island so I wouldn't get too excited about it.

cena wrote: »
    I don't think Keith was happy with weekend show he was given after the change. You could hear it in him during the first weekend not been happy

at least he got to remain on the 2FM schedule and got to be a regular fill in on Radio 1

• Advertisement

He'll probably be replaced with that fella from Love Island so I wouldn't get too excited about it.

You mean the Ireland Rugby sevens team member Greg O'Shea?

Also, has this been announced officially anywhere? I know he left temporarily for Ozzie Love Island and came back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wonderful news not just for 2FM but for Ireland as a whole that Woke McDermott and his Picture This tattoo are leaving our shores. He’ll be sadly missed by himself.

Wonderful news not just for 2FM but for Ireland as a whole that Woke McDermott and his Picture This tattoo are leaving our shores. He’ll be sadly missed by himself.

Jesus christ I never realised the dose got a tattoo of the whine bags, what a saddo he really is.

I'm not getting my hopes up until he officially says goodbye or 2fm thank him for his service.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I hope whoever takes over plays fairytale of New York every morning as a FU to him.

He wants his only time slot and to be crown king of the SJWs.

His GF is a full time GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Elmo wrote: »
    He wants his only time slot and to be crown king of the SJWs.

Seems that way. Not like he’s been doing it for years. A few months and even at that he was gone for a couple of them.

Elmo wrote: »

..and?

..and?

Unless less she's planning to move to oz I don't think it's an actual move, he's looking to get more money and/or his old time slot back. IMO. But perhaps she can't get work here!

• Advertisement

if she is a full time gp as you say, obviously she has work here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement