Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question on Google Chrome - Newbie User.

Options
  • 04-11-2013 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I just downloaded it but I cannot seem to get a Google Toolbar. It says something about it being built in and that I have everything I need!

I want to have the little google search box empty for quick searching rather than searching though the address bar.

I used to have a google toolbar directly under my address bar in FireFox. Is this not possible anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

The bar at the top that you usually see the URL (the www.boards.ie) doubles as the Google search box.

So it displays the URL but when you enter a search term it also searches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    The bar at the top that you usually see the URL (www.boards.ie) doubles as the Google search box.

So it displays the URL but when you enter a search term it also searches.

That's what I thought! I don't want it to double function though, is there no way I can bypass this and get another one?

Also....now I know I'm being an** but I like things just so! Is there anyway to move the 'refresh' button from the left of the address bar to the right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Chrome has an all in one bar. You search and enter URLs from it. If you must have them separate, use Firefox instead, but with Chrome it will always be combined. You can't customize the toolbar in Chrome like with Firefox either I'm fairly certain

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Chrome has an all in one bar. You search and enter URLs from it. If you must have them separate, use Firefox instead, but with Chrome it will always be combined. You can't customize the toolbar in Chrome like with Firefox either I'm fairly certain

Nick

Ok thanks for that. I moved to Chrome from Firefox because my Flash Player wouldn't work in Firefox, tried all the extension removal and safe mode etc etc and disabling add-ons but to no avail. Someone on another thread suggested I try Chrome and it works perfectly and I was able to import all my bookmarks etc so I'll suffer the 2 in 1, I'm sure I'll get used to it, it's great to have Adobe working again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement