Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese chilli sauce

Options
  • 04-11-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have a recipe for the chinese style chilli sauce that one would get on shredded chicken or beef? I have seen recipes for the chilli dip but its the sauce recipe I really need!!

Cheers

A

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You might find some recipes if you do a search of the Chinese Recipes Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

You might find some recipes if you do a search of the Chinese Recipes Thread.

Had checked it already but it was not on it, thanks anyway,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's this one in the 2011 Cooking Club recipes: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056467624

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I had seen that before but was not sure if it was the correct recipe but I mailed the OP and hope to hear back from them,

Thanks again!!

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

This is what I use. And whoever has ate it thinks it's much nicer then Chinese.

3 tablespoons rice vinegar (you can get this in tesco)
    1 tablespoons light soy sauce
    4 tablespoons white sugar
    1 tablespoon chilli (I use gourmet garden chilli it's in a tube)

Throw all ingredients in the wok/pan when sugar has dissolved add the cooked chicken and cooked veg or whatever u want. Mix and eat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement