Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roma going through Bins in Dublin

Options
  • 04-11-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

[Starting this thread again but in this forum based on advise from AH]

I discovered a Roma man rummaging through my bins this morning, and all the other bins on the road in the Ranelagh/Rathmines area. I took a photo of him and went into the guards on my way to work to complain

I have never seen this before, is this common in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

lima wrote: »
    [Starting this thread again but in this forum based on advise from AH]

I discovered a Roma man rummaging through my bins this morning, and all the other bins on the road in the Ranelagh/Rathmines area. I took a photo of him and went into the guards on my way to work to complain

I have never seen this before, is this common in Dublin?

Well, its not a crime anyways since you've given up ownership of whats in the bin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is it a crime to go through bins? I thought once you'd thrown stuff out it was fair game.

How did you know he was Roma?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Seems like a fairly innocuous thing for someone to be doing, unless they were making a mess of the bins i can't see why that would be much of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

Probably looking for information to scam you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Was he looking for salvage or identity theft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Bit of a waste of the Gardai's precious time isn't it? They've actual crimes to be worrying about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Dont think Ive heard of it happening at the bin, by anyone.
    Dont think Id care who was doing it, I wouldnt want it happening.
    I make a point of shredding all I can with any important details, but its got all the dog cans and plastic rubbish in there too.
    I consider the bin is probably the recycling company's and Im responsible for it and any mess from my bin, Ive a contract with them to remove my rubbish, cant see that anyone has any right to interfere in anyone being responsible about disposing of their rubbish correctly.
    Cant say I want anyone rummaging around making a mess or finding the one bit of information I managed to miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Race not adequately established or particularly relevant; locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement