Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car

Options
  • 04-11-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I wrote off my car and hit a wall. My insurance company came to assess the damage and took the car away what's the reason for taking it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I wrote off my car and hit a wall. My insurance company came to assess the damage and took the car away what's the reason for taking it

If it was 'Written off' the insurance company owns the car and gave you money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Have they actually told you that it's written off and have they paid you yet.
    I would say it's unusual to take the car on the day of assessment.
    Have they any reason to be suspicious of your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daithi1982.t

emeldc wrote: »
    Have they actually told you that it's written off and have they paid you yet.
    I would say it's unusual to take the car on the day of assessment.
    Have they any reason to be suspicious of your claim.

Ya the assessor said it won't be going back on the road. They organized to take it the day I made the claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's not your car anymore.

It's not under finance or anything like that they knew it was wrote off when I made the claim I told them the air bags had deployed so they base that on write off. So they will have to pay out now since they took it

• Advertisement

It's not under finance or anything like that they knew it was wrote off when I made the claim I told them the air bags had deployed so they base that on write off. So they will have to pay out now since they took it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

So what's the problem :confused:

emeldc wrote: »
    So what's the problem :confused:

Nothing thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement