Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Well this is good:
    Pre-Purchase now and receive the following incentives!
    - Digital copy of METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES (Giftable!)
    - Emblem "VENOM SNAKE"
    - Mother Base Staff 3
    - Collector's Video

Pre-purchase bollocks normally doesn't interest me, but getting a giftable copy of GZ is pretty cool. I'll try indoctrinating my girlfriend to Metal Gear with that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Less than a month until this comes out.
    Sucks that it comes out on a Tuesday. Would rather it be a Friday so I could play it over the weekend.

I'll always remember buying MGS2 in March 2002. I went down to my local game at 9am on the Friday morning. By 12:50am (going into Sunday morning) I completed it. Crazy the way I still remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I absolutely loved MGS2. I honestly couldn't tell you the amount of time I've completed it (and I've just completed it again :) ) Collecting the dog tags, speed runs, no kills, no alerts.

Man just going around shooting watermelons was great.

Now, onto 3... the best MGS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PC system requirements.
    MINIMUM:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphic card required)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

tok9 wrote: »

Now, onto 3... the best MGS!

Not by a long shot. Too tongue in cheek and I felt there was too much emphasis on going loud. Stealth system caused more alerts than 1+2 and there were so many guns.

Still fun though, especially hunting for animals.

For me it goes chronologically from amazing to terrible. V will be up there with 1 though, believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Links234 wrote: »
    Well this is good:

Pre-purchase bollocks normally doesn't interest me, but getting a giftable copy of GZ is pretty cool. I'll try indoctrinating my girlfriend to Metal Gear with that ;)

If you already have GZ, just family-share with her. I'm doing that with 3 other people and it works out pretty well.
    Xenji wrote: »
    PC system requirements.

Overstated as usual. This game has been shown to run on lower than minimum specs and that CPU min/rec is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wright wrote: »
    Not by a long shot. Too tongue in cheek and I felt there was too much emphasis on going loud. Stealth system caused more alerts than 1+2 and there were so many guns.

Still fun though, especially hunting for animals.

For me it goes chronologically from amazing to terrible. V will be up there with 1 though, believe.

Think you are on your own there!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, 3 was undoubtedly my favourite. Best game I've ever played.

noodler wrote: »
    Think you are on your own there!

I'm aware of this phenomenon. Always found it bewildering. Story is like a parody done by a different director entirely. And the bosses were terrible. A bee dude? This ain't Megaman.

And that sniper bossfight; goddawful. Takes so long. 1 and 4's, over lickety split!

Dead Cell weren't great either in fairness, that's been another slippery slope. Foxhound, while fantastical and paranormal in a way was grounded in reality; Russians did a lot of psych-warfare research back in the day, etc. Even Vulcan's pretty out there character is based on shamanism and gave us a tiny bit of insight into his culture.

From MGS2 onwards we had flamingo dancing nanomachine-vampires, a bomb disposal guy on skates, a dude with a weird tongue jumping around in trees shouting FEEEAARR, and don't even get me started on the MGS4 lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The sniper boss fight in MGS4 takes longer than the one in MGS3 if you are doing a non lethal run. Even love the fact you can bypass the fight altogether in 3 for those who have no patience.

For me MGS1 and 3 are level, I can't pick between them.

• Advertisement

The sniper boss fight in MGS4 takes longer than the one in MGS3 if you are doing a non lethal run. Even love the fact you can bypass the fight altogether in 3 for those who have no patience.

For me MGS1 and 3 are level, I can't pick between them.

Yeah but who's got the time for runs, I'm a big boy now.

Forgot you could do that actually. And then kill him later hah.

Ah, what a joyful scene.

I have some updated news regarding the PC version of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. As you might have seenurl]www.konami.com[/url, we’ve been able to successfully operate our production schedule and change the release date from September 15th, to day-and-date with our console release on September 1st!

We’ve been able to do this because of your support of the PC version and for helping us with feedback all along the way. Life isn't just about passing on your feature requests. We can leave behind much more than just feedback.

Speaking of feedback, we have some updates from the team regarding some of the more popular requests.

- Firstly, similar to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, the team are committed to an optimized PC release, allowing for as much of the Steam community to purchase and play the game.
    - After our PC launch of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, back in December, many players have asked us to separate the graphics options and allow for greater control over depth of field and other graphic settings. We’ve listened to this feedback and are implementing separate settings for a variety of the controls related to graphics. This will be implemented for in-game activity, but I’m afraid we can’t change setting differences for cutscenes.
    - Likewise, MGSV will continue to have 4k resolution support in The Phantom Pain.
    - Players have asked for Windows 10 support as well, but while we can’t confirm official support by launch, we’re looking into this for post-launch patches if necessary. However from all accounts, the basic performance should be to par.
    - For our Steam community, we can confirm the creation of Steam Trading Card support when playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
    - Finally we’d like to mention that full support for custom soundtracks via MP3 on your PC is planned for implementation.

PC gaming has changed. It's an endless series of updates, brought on by fans and development teams.

There were many more requests given, and while we won’t be able to implement all of them, we hope the above comes as good news for PC players. We’ll continue to evaluate feedback and make changes where we can.

Once again, thank you for your continued support for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain! Now that all of us are together, it’s time we go to the depths of hell itself.

Pre-Purchase Today!

-KJPDev

Awesome of them. Still never pre-ordering, though :pac: Will buy soon after release as long as there's no serious problems with the game. Sad to hear them mention Windows 10 and not Linux, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sad to hear them mention Windows 10 and not Linux, though.

There's a good reason for that. Just days after official launch and:
    2.3% of users on Steam are already using Windows 10 - proving more popular than any single version of Mac OSX, and more than any of the Linux OSes combined.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/03/windows-10-is-already-more-popular-with-steam-gamers-than-mac-and-linux

I'm aware of that. Doesn't make it any less sad :pac:

edit: also, IGN link. Please... I ain't clicking that. I already saw the OS statistics elsewhere, anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Metal gear solid 1 is the best in the series for me

When you
    find out liquid is actually master
    the greatest twist ever imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Well, I got my copy courtesy of a birthday present from my girlfriend! :D

First preorder since Dishonored too

Metal gear solid 1 is the best in the series for me

When you
    find out liquid is actually master
    the greatest twist ever imo.

Poor Kaz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Seriously can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I think I'll have to invest in a PS4 soon. I just love the Metal Gear series way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Is this only getting a digital release (Steam) on PC? Can't seem to find a hard copy anywhere. The only place I can see it for sale digitally is Steam itself and it's £46.99 (in the UK at least) and that's just to expensive for my liking for PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Is this only getting a digital release (Steam) on PC? Can't seem to find a hard copy anywhere. The only place I can see it for sale digitally is Steam itself and it's £46.99 (in the UK at least) and that's just to expensive for my liking for PC.

There are sites that sell steam keys quiet cheap, and are advertised left and right on twitch. Not sure the morals of posting the links to those, but I've bought my keys from there for at least 30% cheaper all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I wonder will kaz's death be cleared up in this. We were never told much about his death, although I'd say it's a pretty safe to assume liquid killed him. Also be interesting to see if we get to see the story behind his name change to McDonnell.

I was mostly asking about price on PC because any of the usual sites that I buy from are not showing it for sale. GreenManGaming have it up but dont have a price yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

I was mostly asking about price on PC because any of the usual sites that I buy from are not showing it for sale. GreenManGaming have it up but dont have a price yet.

€39.99 on g2a for steam global version

I wonder will kaz's death be cleared up in this. We were never told much about his death, although I'd say it's a pretty safe to assume liquid killed him. Also be interesting to see if we get to see the story behind his name change to McDonnell.

Kaz was at home and Liquid popped round a week before Shadow Moses no? Kaz still has to train Solid, he's not kicking the bucket in this one.

I can get it for £22.60 (€33) on Kinguin if I pay through paypal. think that might be my best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kaz was at home and Liquid popped round a week before Shadow Moses no? Kaz still has to train Solid, he's not kicking the bucket in this one.

Yeah, he was killed a few days before Shadow Moses. Definitely by Liquid or someone Liquid sent. He was killed so Liquid could impersonate him and gain Snake's trust. Never really thought it required any further explanation than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I got a copy on eBay. Some guy was selling his code that he got from his new Nividia card. Manage to snap it up for 20 sterling and it's in my steam account. Have a look there later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Yeah, he was killed a few days before Shadow Moses. Definitely by Liquid or someone Liquid sent. He was killed so Liquid could impersonate him and gain Snake's trust. Never really thought it required any further explanation than that.

I shouldn't have bothered with the spoiler tags :D:p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The series has always been heavily influenced by Ninja Scroll, an anime were an undercover samurai takes on a group of ninjas each with weird abilities that make them standout. That one also had a bee guy so it's kind of fitting for the series. The series has always been bat **** insane and silly. MGS4 went head first into the silly abyss but also forgot to be a fun game. God bless Revengeance for taking the mickey out of it, 'Nanomachines son'.

I actually hated MGS3 when I first played it. Took about 2 hours until it clicked and I ended up loving it. You just have to take it a little bit slower than the other MGS games and have a bit of patience.

Advertisement