Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

teaser

If you haven't here it is

http://a.pomf.cat/ocxdmy.mp4

wow. That translated cover of 'Best is yet to come' makes me really sad. It never really hit me before because Konami will continue to destroy the I.P. but... Metal Gear is almost over, forever. Damn.

Interesting that Stephanie does a vocal of Quiet's theme.

Donna is a badass as usual.

Lyrics are also very telling of MGSV's story:

Words that kill
    Would you speak them to me?
    With your breath so still,
    It makes me believe

(Naomi asking Grey Fox if he'd kill her like he killed her parents, which he lies to her about)

Our salvation lies
    Beyond the truth,
    Let me suffer now.

The original lyrics for this. Our salvation lies in a lie (beyond/past the truth). Let me suffer now
    > "Hurt me MORE!!"

In my heart I just know that there's no way to light up the dark
    in his eyes.

Again Naomi talking about Grey Fox.
    For a start Boss doesn't have 'eyes'. And Grey Fox never really comes to terms with what they get up to in V, it consumes him as we've seen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wright wrote: »
    wow. That translated cover of 'Best is yet to come' makes me really sad. It never really hit me before because Konami will continue to destroy the I.P. but... Metal Gear is almost over, forever. Damn.

Interesting that Stephanie does a vocal of Quiet's theme.

Donna is a badass as usual.

Lyrics are also very telling of MGSV's story:

Words that kill
    Would you speak them to me?
    With your breath so still,
    It makes me believe

(Naomi asking Grey Fox if he'd kill her like he killed her parents, which he lies to her about)

Our salvation lies
    Beyond the truth,
    Let me suffer now.

The original lyrics for this. Our salvation lies in a lie (beyond/past the truth). Let me suffer now
    > "Hurt me MORE!!"

In my heart I just know that there's no way to light up the dark
    in his eyes.

Again Naomi talking about Grey Fox.
    For a start Boss doesn't have 'eyes'. And Grey Fox never really comes to terms with what they get up to in V, it consumes him as we've seen.

Illuminati confirmed.

Imagine if this game has a dodgy translation Retro. You'll be criticizing it for the next 20 years. In threads that aren't actually about MGSV :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I didn't have much interest in this, till i saw the Gamescon trailer. Looks fantastic, and will definitely be picking it up now.

Will have to watch through the previous games before this though. Or at the very least, just 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wright wrote: »
    Imagine if this game has a dodgy translation Retro. You'll be criticizing it for the next 20 years. In threads that aren't actually about MGSV :)

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kiith wrote: »
    I didn't have much interest in this, till i saw the Gamescon trailer. Looks fantastic, and will definitely be picking it up now.

Will have to watch through the previous games before this though. Or at the very least, just 3.

Well, 3 at the least. But I'd also recommend watching a story synopsis video of Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes too. There'll be a good few characters introduced in those that'll be in MGSV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I played through Peace Walker a few months back and Ground Zeroes this weekend and I still feel like I need a recap. There's a lot in it and I've an absolutely sh1te memory.

Kiith wrote: »

I would say watch 1, 3, maybe Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. Ground Zeroes all cutscenes should be about five minutes lol. If you have PSN it came free last month. If you preorder Phantom Pain on PC you get Ground Zeroes. So you should play through GZ at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Haven't touched an MGS game since 3 (Played 1,2 and 3 to death!) but prebooked this the other day after watching some footage online. Always a huge fan of the series. Will be the first time I've touched an MGS game since Snake Eater. Will I be completely lost? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Not exactly sure how the online works but boardsies should hook up at some point w/ mics :D I know a mumble server we can use or maybe someone else has one, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

As somebody who played through MGS 1,2 and 3 and enjoyed them I just cant bring myself to get hyped for this. The trailer just floored me with how stilted and bad the dialogue is.

I'm at the stage now where I can't overlook the atrocious dialogue in a story based game anymore. The writing just makes me want to hurl something at the screen. :P

In a game about gameplay, the story can be overlooked. But if you want me to watch hours of cutscenes, im sorry but it can't sound like a 12 year old wrote it.

Kirby wrote: »
    In a game about gameplay, the story can be overlooked. But if you want me to watch hours of cutscenes, im sorry but it can't sound like a 12 year old wrote it.

Welcome to Metal Gear! Ever since Kojima got Blaustein fired from the Metal Gear localisations the dialogue and story have been really bad. I think this game however is going to be more like MGS3 where the focus is on playing around with the gameplay systems rather than MGS4 which was a snooze fest of bad cutscenes. I think this one is actually going to let you play it.

Kirby got played like a goddamn fiddle.

Is there a joke there I'm missing?

Is there a joke there I'm missing?

Yes.

Your joke was nothing but a smokescreen.

We kept you waiting, huh.

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

As somebody who played through MGS 1,2 and 3 and enjoyed them I just cant bring myself to get hyped for this. The trailer just floored me with how stilted and bad the dialogue is.

I'm at the stage now where I can't overlook the atrocious dialogue in a story based game anymore. The writing just makes me want to hurl something at the screen. :P

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

UxXL9BT.png

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Welcome to Metal Gear! Ever since Kojima got Blaustein fired from the Metal Gear localisations the dialogue and story have been really bad. I think this game however is going to be more like MGS3 where the focus is on playing around with the gameplay systems rather than MGS4 which was a snooze fest of bad cutscenes. I think this one is actually going to let you play it.

Plus the fact they have Kiefer doing Big Boss, rather than Hayter. The dialogue should be a lot tighter and without unnecessary repetition of exposition.

"Repetition of exposition?"

• Advertisement

That's kind of a Metal Gear trope now, it wouldn't be the same without it :)

I heard Keifer is really bad in this and just phones in the dialogue :/

Penn wrote: »
    Plus the fact they have Kiefer doing Big Boss, rather than Hayter.

Until September 1st that is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

UxXL9BT.png

That's fúckin marvellous...

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's kind of a Metal Gear trope now, it wouldn't be the same without it :)

I heard Keifer is really bad in this and just phones in the dialogue :/

Well, he phoned in the dialogue in Phone Booth, and was awesome in that, so I'm not worried

Penn wrote: »
    Well, he phoned in the dialogue in Phone Booth, and was awesome in that, so I'm not worried

Funny story. The vocal for 'Best is Yet to Come' was actually phoned in. She didn't go to Japan to record. How they got quality like that from a Telecom Eireann line I'll never know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I only noticed how obvious the "shrapnel" was in the latest 4K trailer... OFC I had no idea what the fúck it was at the time, so went googling.

sKe5uof.jpg

May be childish, but I lol'd

WbSGnTQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I only noticed how obvious the "shrapnel" was in the latest 4K trailer... OFC I had no idea what the fúck it was at the time, so went googling.

sKe5uof.jpg

May be childish, but I lol'd

55169217.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Someone over at neogaf made a much nicer MGSV cover.

I was going to post the picture but it's huge so instead here is the thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095282

Advertisement