Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

A million times better than the real one and the steelbook version is class looking. I always though the box art was a place holder at first, couldn't believe that was the final design chosen considering past games of the PS2 era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

tok9 wrote: »
    Someone over at neogaf made a much nicer MGSV cover.

I was going to post the picture but it's huge so instead here is the thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095282

https://archive.is/Fo8Hr

Great art. I gotta say though, I don't think I prefer either one. The default one is like that X-MEN promotional art, isn't it? Face shot with coloured, transparent text overlayed on them. I don't buy physical anymore so it doesn't really make much difference to me but I suppose I could make it a custom steam icon :pac:

I used to always use custom case art on PS3 games, though. Would do it all meself in PS. Mostly I just got rid of all the dumbass logos and age ratings. The last while I actually bought PS3 games they were all plagued by review quotes from crappy game journalism sites. I wonder if there's any of that malarkey on the PS3 case now for this release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Played Ground Zeros on the Ps4 last night, havign previously finished it on the PS3. I can do the first bit of the Paz/Chico rescue no problem, I always seem to struggle once I get into the admin building. I have successfully sneaked into the holding cell area, but getting herself back out without being seen is tough. Usually just load her in the car and fire out of the main gate to the chopper. I'll take a run at some of the side ops tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Played Ground Zeros on the Ps4 last night, havign previously finished it on the PS3. I can do the first bit of the Paz/Chico rescue no problem, I always seem to struggle once I get into the admin building. I have successfully sneaked into the holding cell area, but getting herself back out without being seen is tough. Usually just load her in the car and fire out of the main gate to the chopper. I'll take a run at some of the side ops tonight.

Sneak, tranq and repeat. Once you know where and when the soldiers will appear it's handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

https://archive.is/Fo8Hr

Great art. I gotta say though, I don't think I prefer either one. The default one is like that X-MEN promotional art, isn't it? Face shot with coloured, transparent text overlayed on them. I don't buy physical anymore so it doesn't really make much difference to me but I suppose I could make it a custom steam icon :pac:

I've always loved the older cases. MGS1-3 all had nice art work while MGS4 (standard version) and now MGSV just have the character model face from the game.

Just seeing something that's looks hand drawn is a lot nicer to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

MG1 and 2 are probably the best for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

tok9 wrote: »
    Someone over at neogaf made a much nicer MGSV cover.

I was going to post the picture but it's huge so instead here is the thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095282

That's pretty awesome, but it's nothing on this...

nLiK40O.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Links234 wrote: »
    That's pretty awesome, but it's nothing on this...

nLiK40O.png

That is stupid and looks awful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Usually just load her in the car

Wait what

God damn it.

Played through it last night and did a non-lethal run. Would've managed less alerts and continues had I known that!

What are the rewards for playing through Ground Zeroes on the same system as Phantom Pain? Is it just troops?

callaway92 wrote: »

Whooooooosh! That's the point, flying over your head. :P

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    thatsthejoke.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Wright wrote: »
    Wait what

God damn it.

Played through it last night and did a non-lethal run. Would've managed less alerts and continues had I known that!

What are the rewards for playing through Ground Zeroes on the same system as Phantom Pain? Is it just troops?

O you get spotted doing it this way for sure, just call in the chopper as you get into the car, that way when you get to the LZ (use the same one as for the chico extraction) the chopper is waiting and usually kills a few of the pursuing marines for you. I have to say it is pretty bad ass shooting your way out of the marine base with the target on your shoulder.

hxAHYvW.png

ep7-128464-1377-1378-11.jpg

It all makes sense now. This whole grey fox is MGSV's protagonist thing was just a smokescreen for the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I preferred this one tbh

mgsvhssqv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

18 days to go.

We're nearly entering spoiler territory. Seeing as how this is being released on Xbox 360 it will hit the net and people will download it. Usually games leak around 14 to 7 days before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

18 days to go.

We're nearly entering spoiler territory. Seeing as how this is being released on Xbox 360 it will hit the net and people will download it. Usually games leak around 14 to 7 days before release.

do we have a review embargo date yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Your sig, whatever it is, Avast have blocked it on me, is throwing up a malware warning.

Probably false positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished Ground Zeroes as a quick refresher for V in a few weeks.

Completely forgot about Kaz and his fiddle. Such a serious scene and I can't help but laugh every time.

_photomanipulation__kaz_and_his_fiddle_by_just_got_aze-d8c40u4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »

Completely forgot about Kaz and his fiddle. Such a serious scene and I can't help but laugh every time.

_photomanipulation__kaz_and_his_fiddle_by_just_got_aze-d8c40u4.png

I'm really hoping that given the reaction to that line, while walking round Mother Base you can randomly find Kaz playing a fiddle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Penn wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that given the reaction to that line, while walking round Mother Base you can randomly find Kaz playing a fiddle

What's this now? I've finished all Ground Zeroes missions, even got a few S ranks and I never saw Kaz playing the fiddle...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

GerB40 wrote: »
    What's this now? I've finished all Ground Zeroes missions, even got a few S ranks and I never saw Kaz playing the fiddle...

Kaz is the fiddle...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J. Marston wrote: »

I'll have to start playing Ground Zeroes again. Hopefully I'll pop the achievement for Eliminate the Renegade Thread this time.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I'll have to start playing Ground Zeroes again. Hopefully I'll pop the achievement for Eliminate the Renegade Thread this time.

The one where you extract them rather than kill them? If you wait long enough the guy in the tower comes down for a walk around, and you can easily grab him then. Just a bit of patience required and it's easy as pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Links234 wrote: »
    The one where you extract them rather than kill them? If you wait long enough the guy in the tower comes down for a walk around, and you can easily grab him then. Just a bit of patience required and it's easy as pie.

Yeah, that's the one. I used the stun gun on all the enemies and on Glaz and Palitz. I then extracted them both of them out by helicopter. Passed the mission but no freaking achievement popped.

It frustrated me playing it last year, but I will give it another go so the achievement better bloody pop this time.

I started killing everyone because someone woke up on their own from a tranq shot. Pretty sure that's not supposed to be able to happen but the game's made me paranoid that KO'ing enemies isn't enough.

I started killing everyone because someone woke up on their own from a tranq shot. Pretty sure that's not supposed to be able to happen but the game's made me paranoid that KO'ing enemies isn't enough.

On Hard they'll eventually wake up.

Yeah, knocking people out or tranqing them is only temporary on Hard. Just do what I do, tranq 'em and then throw 'em into the sea. :)

Lots of them never woke up, though. Just some. Oh well... definitely no passive run for me anytime soon on the main game if tranq darts can't even garauntee they stay down.

What's up with not being able to use the knife btw? There was a few enemies I wanted to kill after I realised them being KO wasn't enough so I wanted to just stab em' like you could in MGS3/4. The knife seems to be completely gone from the weapon select menu :( I had to wake them up, grab them in CQC and then stab them. Made me feel like a prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

No word yet of when the embargo lifts. Can be anything from a couple of days to the midnight of the release.

But i'm more worried about getting this spoiled by some douchebags who after illegally downloading the xbox 360 version decide to post random comments spoiling it. Such as on YouTube.

So I am avoiding everything MGS as soon as I hear it hit the net! :P Been waiting to play this game for years.

Advertisement