Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Thanks very much for that video. Very informative. Man this game looks so damn hype it's insane. It has detail in all the places I value. Was nice to see that the reflex was quite short and didn't make as much of a difference as I thought it might competitively. My fears have been mostly settled on that point.

But dayum... the sheer amount of customisation, weapons and therefore possible strategy is crazy.

I wonder if headshot = instakill? The 2 players there were taking quite a lot of shots at each other... so either none of them hit the head (and everyone seems tanky + wolverine recovery) or headshots are not fatal. They were using gamepads so their aim was pretty feck anyway. I'm thinking an accurate rifle with good reaction speed and properly configured mouse sensitivity will end any 1:1 combat situations like that. The traps and stealth will negate that completely though so tactical awareness and overall imagination and creativity on-the-fly are definitely going to be just as important but I can still see 1:1 combat situations coming up often enough in these invasions to make it worth getting your aim down. Will definitely be honing my firearms skills in any of the target practice facilities provided by motherbase and customising my the weapons.

I say again... HYPED.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For anyone who didn't get around to playing Peace Walker or missed it, there is a secret phone call and I'd be shocked if it isn't brought up in MGSV.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Supposedly there are MGSV spoilers floating around on the Web.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Time to go cold turkey on the Internet browsing for me so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Three bloody weeks though :/ can't quit forums/reddit for that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Could do without coming across these . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just did a little search around and some people from Germany are claiming to have early copies of the phantom pain. But they dont.
    It appears that these people got a pre-order bonus and trying to pass it off as the full copy. Accordingly the pre order bonus contains a ps4 game case. So it looks like a retail copy when you take a really close up picture of it. Obviously obscuring the "pre order" text on the box! :pac:
    Just messers you know yourself. So people might be talking utter garbage.

As it stands the game hasn't hit the net. So if any spoilers are true its from journalists who played the game (which is less likely they would reveal) But I tell ya, as soon as I hear people are starting to play this i am outta here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

UPDATE: .... and it's out!

Accordingly the game has leaked in United Arab Emirates. Retailers have began selling the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Getting in a cardboard box for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's times like this I can see the advantage of digital only games releases from one source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

UPDATE: .... and it's out!

Accordingly the game has leaked in United Arab Emirates. Retailers have began selling the game.

UAE are always selling games early, they straight up don't give a **** :D

Also, Ground Zeroes is a tenner on PSN, is it worth that? I heard it was super short but is it a nice set up to PP for someone who hasn't played since MGS2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

UAE are always selling games early, they straight up don't give a **** :D

Also, Ground Zeroes is a tenner on PSN, is it worth that? I heard it was super short but is it a nice set up to PP for someone who hasn't played since MGS2?

No, it's pure ****e. I thought it was loading mission 2 and it was over!! Story is rubbish, music is rubbish...it's just crap really...I'd given up on Metal Gear after it but ye all seem fierce excited about the new one so i'll give it a go, I expect it to be ****e though. Theirs usually no coming back after a turd like ground zeros.

^

0KjahTJ.gif

No, it's pure ****e. I thought it was loading mission 2 and it was over!! Story is rubbish, music is rubbish...it's just crap really...I'd given up on Metal Gear after it but ye all seem fierce excited about the new one so i'll give it a go, I expect it to be ****e though. Theirs usually no coming back after a turd like ground zeros.

Ahem.

You'll find posts like this to be in the minority.
    While not long it's worth a tenner, and really a must if you plan on playing The Phantom Pain. It was on PS+ free a while ago did you not get it then? Alternatively if you can play on PC pre-ordering TPP will get you GZ for free.

There are numerous missions in the GZ package. Including quite a nice nostalgic one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

only found this guy and I'm on the floor :D

ibstar wrote: »

Jesus. Millenials.
    tok9 wrote: »

This has to be a bluff. Kaz betraying Big Boss? No way. He's looking to secure the kids I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Ugh the fact that there are people out there now playing this game is killing me! I wonder is there any chance that the release date might be pushed forward now no?

Ugh the fact that there are people out there now playing this game is killing me! I wonder is there any chance that the release date might be pushed forward now no?

0%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It will not happen, Middle Eastern countries are notorious for breaking street dates, it happens nearly all the time now with new releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

ibstar wrote: »

Jesus wept it was funny at first then it just started to anger me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm going in completely blind with this game, haven't touched an MGS game in yonks and haven't seen much, if any, footage/reviews of this game. I'm picking it up for the sake of it being an MGS game and because why not? It should keep me busy for the next while. The Last Of Us was the last game that I sunk many hours into but now that I've cleared it I need something to fill the void so hopefully MGS5 does a good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jesus wept it was funny at first then it just started to anger me

Don't worry, it's fake. Funny, and pretty well done, but it's fake. He goes overboard with it, choosing the exact wrong thing to do every time, even if it's something he's already learnt not to do earlier in the game. Plus he purposefully talks over where he's being told important stuff, then complains he wasn't told what he needs to do.

But yeah, it's funny, but infuriating to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sure its two weeks today is it not?

That video is old and not fake. If you've seen any of dsp's other stuff and followed his dramatic history you'd know how much of a tool he really is. Not to mention her is at an all time low in terms of traffic an fans thanks to even more retardation from him.He actively tried to censor those compilation videos of his failures. That's not what someone does when they're pretending to just get attention. There really are people like that and he's the example.

Back to TPP.

Anyone know if there's region locking for this game? I really want to know the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sure its two weeks today is it not?

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... I wonder if I can still pre-order the red MGSV PS4...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ... I wonder if I can still pre-order the red MGSV PS4...

Its still available on gamestop for pre order :)

Its still available on gamestop for pre order :)

For €420 now. No longer worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Wright wrote: »
    Ahem.

You'll find posts like this to be in the minority.
    While not long it's worth a tenner, and really a must if you plan on playing The Phantom Pain. It was on PS+ free a while ago did you not get it then? Alternatively if you can play on PC pre-ordering TPP will get you GZ for free.

There are numerous missions in the GZ package. Including quite a nice nostalgic one :)

In fairness, the main mission in GZ is infuriatingly short. Compared to every other MGS game which offer hours of fantastic, it's just so unexpected. I'd say the majority of people who've played it instantly thought "where the fck is the rest of the game".

The fun part with GZ is in the side missions and replaying trying to do things better or stealthier. It's worth a tenner, but not much more than that tbh. I'd certainly be pissed if I bought it at full price.

TPP is shaping up to be epic. With every trailer I see it gets better. It just seems to be everything done right in every MGS game rolled into one, and then a whole bunch of new unexpected fantastic features. The only thing I'm worried about is this:

63946896.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

How do people feel about this not being 100% open world? As in the modern conventions of what an open world is, go anywhere, do anything etc.

Seems to be an amped up Peace Walker which is essentially linear missions in an open-ish world.

Advertisement