Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That's something anyway. Please let the rumoured March date be true :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I'm really not as excited for this one as I was for any other Metal Gear (barring that Raiden one with the hack n slash)
    I think there's gonna be wayy too much retconning and the like that'll raise more questions than it answers. I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm the opposite Timmy. While I agree there will definitely be some retconning (pretty sure he even confirmed it) the game itself looks incredible.

I'm just after finishing watching the new gameplay. My god.. the variety in it is amazing and it looks gorgeous.

I just hope there is a more strict limit to the tools that are used but still.. I'm extremely excited for this.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite Timmy. While I agree there will definitely be some retconning (pretty sure he even confirmed it) the game itself looks incredible.

I'm just after finishing watching the new gameplay. My god.. the variety in it is amazing and it looks gorgeous.

I just hope there is a more strict limit to the tools that are used but still.. I'm extremely excited for this.

Ah but like. The gameplay in 4 was a step up from that which came before. It looked gorgeous at the time. But the story was wayyy too convoluted. There exists, in MGS4 a very good storyline. But a whole lot of ****e too. IF that game was properly edited it woulda been an all time great imo.

That and the americanisation are the two things I dislike most about Kojima. Its in such a contrast to MGS1 which for me, is still the best, followed closely by 3.

I don't entirely agree.

At the time I remember loving MGS4 initially but over the years I just think about everything it got so wrong. Those 1st 2 to 3 acts were really good and then it just went downhill mostly.

If I played it I'd probably still enjoy it but in terms of MGS games in both gameplay and story it went a way back.

MGS3 is the pinnacle of the series for me and MGS4 comes nowhere near it.

After playing GZ I'm very confident we're back to an actual stealth game. I had some minor issues with it but it was a load of fun. And everything I see of MGS5 just looks amazing to me.

I just can't see how Kojima will bottleneck us this time when the world appears to be so open.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't entirely agree.

At the time I remember loving MGS4 initially but over the years I just think about everything it got so wrong. Those 1st 2 to 3 acts were really good and then it just went downhill mostly.

If I played it I'd probably still enjoy it but in terms of MGS games in both gameplay and story it went a way back.

MGS3 is the pinnacle of the series for me and MGS4 comes nowhere near it.

After playing GZ I'm very confident we're back to an actual stealth game. I had some minor issues with it but it was a load of fun. And everything I see of MGS5 just looks amazing to me.

I just can't see how Kojima will bottleneck us this time when the world appears to be so open.

Tbh this coulda been said of 4 pre release too :P. Im just approaching it with caution. I didn't like the extreme retconning and broken fulton system in Peace Walker so seeing as this and GZ is a direct follow up i have a sour taste in my mouth

I know.. but I'm much more hopeful this time round as it seem to be more in line with peace walker except on a far bigger scale.

I've no issue with a bit of variety in terms of chases and all out action... it's just that the last 2 acts of MGS4 had practically no stealth at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sucks we didn't get a more accurate release date. If I recall correctly Ground Zeros release date was revealed only 3 months prior (December 2013) So there is still hope that the game might come out March 2015.

The more I watch footage of this, the more it reminds me of MGS3. Which is a very good thing.

Wonder if you can hunt animals for food?
    also, shame there is no camo meter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Really excited for this. Got GZ recently on offer and I really enjoyed the gameplay! Do ye guys think the PC version will be released along side the other versions?

• Advertisement

Really excited for this. Got GZ recently on offer and I really enjoyed the gameplay! Do ye guys think the PC version will be released along side the other versions?

It's hard to say at this point. Pc version may get released after console versions. As is what generally happens to games that are developed with the console market first. But Konami went the extra mile to announce it was coming to Steam before even setting a release date.

So by already revealing the steam version, it will have to come out same day or a few days in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So this new trailer is up for it.

Her outfit isn't very tactical at all...but I'm not complaining :P
    Adding more fuel to the fire about the recent debate with how women are being portrayed in games

Don't even...start. We'll have people complaining about the bro-mance of FFXV soon, as if somehow there been nobody female in the main party was a slight against all womankind in a fantasy world. oh god....What am I doing? Shut up (slaps head)

Info from the gameplay video:

• Kojima can finally do the things he wanted to, now that the hardware has evolved
    • Snake has lost weight, they say
    • You can choose your own routes during the missions
    • Quiet can assist you during gameplay with the buddy system
    • You can choose where the helicopter sets you down
    • Riding your horse is hard in the jungle environment
    • Snake is ‘naked’, Miller tells him they are making a new suit at Mother Base
    • The new suit is delivered to Snake
    • You can climb walls with cracks
    • Snake is wearing a different arm prothesis in the demo
    • You’ll be able to use different protheses with different functions
    • There will be a lot of different protheses according to Kojima
    • You can set up a talking decoy. He says: ‘Kept you waiting, huh?’
    • Snake calls in Quiet and orders her to scout up ahead
    • Quiet can also provide cover fire
    • When she is in position, she hums
    • She marks enemies during reconnaissance
    • If you speed up the time too much, the POW target dies
    • By hovering the reticle, you can select Quiet’s target
    • Snake throws a grenade and orders Quiet to shoot it
    • Quiet has a weakness that will tie into the story
    • Quiet’s abilities depend on the degree of her bond with Snake
    • In the demo, the attacks commands were: shoot, target and wait for my signal, shoot this, and provide/cease cover fire
    • However, a lot has to happen for all these options to be available (bond degree)
    • If the bond isn’t high enough, Quiet won’t come with you
    • When Snake uses the ‘pin radar’, all the icons represent animals, but it reacts to people as well
    • You can analyze soldiers to see their statistics, like in Peace Walker
    • Another interrogation option is asking: ‘Where are your friends?’
    • Snake’s can stun enemies with his arm, it packs 1.2 million volts
    • According to Kojima, you may never meet Quiet. It depends on how you play through the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Info from the gameplay video:

• Quiet’s abilities depend on the degree of her bond with Snake
    • In the demo, the attacks commands were: shoot, target and wait for my signal, shoot this, and provide/cease cover fire
    • However, a lot has to happen for all these options to be available (bond degree)
    • If the bond isn’t high enough, Quiet won’t come with you
    • According to Kojima, you may never meet Quiet. It depends on how you play through the game.

That's interesting. Shows there'll be some degree of interactivity with NPCs like Quiet (and possibly Ocelot & Miller) which can have a real effect on the game/story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Boob physics confirmed.

I actually hope you can give her some uniform... otherwise I'll just be semi embarrassed playing this game if someone else comes in to see Quiet.

The more I watch footage of this, the more it reminds me of MGS3. Which is a very good thing.

Wonder if you can hunt animals for food?
    also, shame there is no camo meter :(

I loved that in three. If they had a similar system that was easier to cycle through camos I;d love it. Felt the Octocamo was a bit of a cop out given that you just lay on anything and became near enough invisible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's hard to say at this point. Pc version may get released after console versions. As is what generally happens to games that are developed with the console market first. But Konami went the extra mile to announce it was coming to Steam before even setting a release date.

So by already revealing the steam version, it will have to come out same day or a few days in between.

Never realised that this was confirmed for the PC. I thought they were still just considering it. Absolutely delighted with that. Now, hopefully Square Enix bring their games to the PC and I can avoid dropping a few hundred on a console.

Yeah, the Octocamo was a weird one alright.
    It was really cool that you could use nearly every texture in the game. It was something brand new that no other game did. But it just wasnt as fun as the camo in MGS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Wolf companion. I'm sold. It's gonna be a dogmeat situation all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

The phantom pooch :D, seriously though Kojima hasn't been reigned in at all has he.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Why does the Wolf have a patch on his eye?! Kojimai, you so crazy!!

Why does the Wolf have a patch on his eye?! Kojimai, you so crazy!!

Kojima is crazy and the doggy eye patch is crazy :pac:
    But it likely means you can customise your dog to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

He has lost an eye, you can see the scar when Boss lifts him up as a pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    He has lost an eye, you can see the scar when Boss lifts him up as a pup.

So ? Why does the dog have an eyepatch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

resembles the boss in beast form

abandoned but not alone

522947-bigthumbnail.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This whole wolf thing is totally stupid.

I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

as much as I loved mgs 4 I am so glad we are gone back to a more mgs3 style , the sillier the better.

More unique guns and items to play with , also bringing over key peace walker features ensures that managing intel and soldiers to bases and protecting your mother base brings hours upon hours of thrill and excitement.

this I longed for , I do not think I put more hours into any other game than Metal Gear Online and if the online is anything like what it was on mgs 4

this game will last me years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

as much as I loved mgs 4 I am so glad we are gone back to a more mgs3 style , the sillier the better.

More unique guns and items to play with , also bringing over key peace walker features ensures that managing intel and soldiers to bases and protecting your mother base brings hours upon hours of thrill and excitement.

this I longed for , I do not think I put more hours into any other game than Metal Gear Online and if the online is anything like what it was on mgs 4

this game will last me years
    I only played MGO for about an hour. Between the awful Konami ID(it was near impossible to register 1 and i believe you had to pay for more) and the laggy servers on launch, i just gave up.
    It had potential though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You're telling me if you had a one eyed pet wolf you wouldn't give it an eyepatch? I would :pac:

Advertisement