Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

martyos121 wrote: »
    Oh why did I check the spoilers, so feckin mad at myself now. That is absolutely shocking stuff, didn't expect them to go in that direction.

I've reported the post. Not checking the spoiler myself, whether its a piss-take or not. Hopefully a mod gets serious on anybody posting spoiler tags for the purpose of spoiling or some kind of weird kick they get out of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If they're in spoiler tags, anybody reads them by their own choice TBH (and yes, safe to say anybody is free to read the 'spoiler' quoted above ;)). Untagged spoilers are another matter entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Man, must suck at times being a mod. They'd have to read the spoiler tags.

If it gets reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wright wrote: »
    I've reported the post. Not checking the spoiler myself, whether its a piss-take or not. Hopefully a mod gets serious on anybody posting spoiler tags for the purpose of spoiling or some kind of weird kick they get out of it.

Christ, do you want some cheese with that whine? It's a spoiler tag for a reason, you're under no obligation to read it.

If they're in spoiler tags, anybody reads them by their own choice TBH (and yes, safe to say anybody is free to read the 'spoiler' quoted above ;)). Untagged spoilers are another matter entirely.

A lot of forums create a spoilers thread for this purpose. People that have started it can discuss freely in there, its a win win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Jerry!
    Jerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Last one of the night, but it's a bloody big one! Remember, you do not HAVE to read it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

rizzla wrote: »
    Man, must suck at times being a mod. They'd have to read the spoiler tags.

It's all good, I'm pretty nonplussed about spoilers generally, and think the internet as a hivemind gets a bit too worked up about them. So don't mind checking when required. Especially since MGS 'plots' have traditionally been a load of barely coherent nonsense I can't see any plot detail 'ruining' the thing for me anyway :p

But yeah, just keep 'em to spoiler tags as we always do on this here forum, and everything is dandy as far as I'd be concerned.

"Last one of the night, but it's a bloody big one! Remember, you do not HAVE to read it."

Wasn't even worth doing the first time.

Get a hobby other than trying to wind people up maybe. :)

Wright got played like a fiddle.

Psw3Ov7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A lot of forums create a spoilers thread for this purpose. People that have started it can discuss freely in there, its a win win.

Until someone clicks into the wrong thread by accident and either reads spoilers, or posts spoilers.

Better to have one thread, one rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jaysus, someone is using spoiler tags to conceal a spoiler and people are complaining. Christ almighty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

There's no spoilers for this game we all know what happens to literally everyone and everything thanks to MGS1,2,4 and Rising. :pac:

Actually no, there are spoilers.
    there is much more to the game than knowing future events of key characters or the overall series plot.

MGS5 is still it's own game with plot elements, gameplay events and other all around cool aspects the game hopefully and should have.

I wasn't being entirely serious.

Penn wrote: »
    Until someone clicks into the wrong thread by accident and either reads spoilers, or posts spoilers.

Better to have one thread, one rule.

Nope, doesn't happen. The massive "******- SPOILER THREAD" in the thread title kinda deters people from even entering y'see. Works very well.

I wasn't being entirely serious.

What's the point of even saying it then. Seriously. Don't leave it up to people to try and guess what might and might not be going on in your head.

You're not funny. You think you are. But like every comedian on boards, you aren't. Stop.

n9TJA3X.jpg

Then go talk to the wall and get of forums that others are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 HiThereHowAreY

Can anyone tell me how much customs duty would be if I ordered this - http:// www. amazon. com/gp/product/B00UFOYR2I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00 ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Then go talk to the wall and get of forums that others are using.

Stop reading text enclosed in a spoiler tag. There might be, *gasp*, spoilers, inside :rolleyes:
    What's the point of even saying it then. Seriously. Don't leave it up to people to try and guess what might and might not be going on in your head.

You're not funny. You think you are. But like every comedian on boards, you aren't. Stop.

Comedian? The only person being laughed at here is you :pac: Relax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Can anyone tell me how much customs duty would be if I ordered this - http:// www. amazon. com/gp/product/B00UFOYR2I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00 ?

Thanks

Unless you have reason to buy it from Amazon.com, it will work out dearer then if you got it in Argos, if your willing to wait 10-12 days and save a few euro use VGP.

Xenji wrote: »
    Unless you have reason to buy it from Amazon.com, it will work out dearer then if you got it in Argos, if your willing to wait 10-12 days and save a few euro use VGP.

Have we got an Argos RRP? Or from other stores?

Well I want the collector's edition on PS4 and Amazon have it in stock. Everywhere else is sold out.

Well I want the collector's edition on PS4 and Amazon have it in stock. Everywhere else is sold out.

VGP have it as well, works out at 53 Euro including delivery and you will not have to worry about customs, have been using them for years, its where I am getting mine, it will take about 10-12 days, or you can use the more expensive Dhl 2-3 day service.

I'm talking about the version that comes with the Arm statue, not the day one edition.

Have we got an Argos RRP? Or from other stores?

Nearly all new games from Argos are 62.99 for the first week or so after release, best brick and mortar for games these days, Smyths can be good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Anyone know is the MGS5 PS4 (console) going to be a limited offer or is it around forever now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone know is the MGS5 PS4 (console) going to be a limited offer or is it around forever now?

Pretty sure it'll be just for the game launch. We'll probably see some in stock until at least christmas anyway.

Xenji wrote: »
    Nearly all new games from Argos are 62.99 for the first week or so after release, best brick and mortar for games these days, Smyths can be good also.

Aye will be popping in to Smyths I'd say. And maybe HMV to see if they have any steelbook goodness going on :P

• Advertisement

Ah sorry my phone did not show the two editions, the import duty would be around E20.00, open to correction, would need to know the delivery cost as well.

Advertisement