Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just spend a little under an hour running around in GZ practising my aiming. I've improved a lot! I very rarely ever miss the target and am hitting upper upper body fairly consistently with common headshots now, too. Got a 3-headshot combo on a group of soldiers firing at me within about 2 seconds.

Still incredibly bad at the tranq gun, though. The fall-off is bad. Not something I'm worried about for single-player but will need to get that down for MGO3 when tranq > kill will score more points.

Still a ways to go but I'm glad I'm improving this fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wright wrote: »
    Nope, doesn't happen. The massive "******- SPOILER THREAD" in the thread title kinda deters people from even entering y'see. Works very well.

It does happen. I used to mod the MGS forum here and it even happened there once or twice. Even then, it regularly happens on the likes of Game of Thrones where there's threads for those who have and haven't read the books.

Again, not saying it will happen, just that it can, so we're better off with one thread for the game (also so as to not split discussion), and enforce proper use of spoiler tags. And someone who doesn't want to be spoiled doesn't have to click the spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Hela wrote: »
    BTW - Kojima is editing the launch trailer, most likely the last one he'll ever make for the series as well, hope it's epic.

Kojima will be making these games for another ten years I guarantee it.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Kojima will be making these games for another ten years I guarantee it.

That hugely depends on the situation between Kojima and Konami. Kojima simply might not be able to make any more games even if he wanted to depending on who holds the rights etc.

Hell, the trailer that Konami put out (the Gamescom one) even says "The End of an Era", so they don't seem to see it continuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Penn wrote: »
    That hugely depends on the situation between Kojima and Konami. Kojima simply might not be able to make any more games even if he wanted to depending on who holds the rights etc.

Hell, the trailer that Konami put out (the Gamescom one) even says "The End of an Era", so they don't seem to see it continuing.

Hopefully he moves publisher with Del Toro and restarts work on PT.
    MGS has had enough, I think.

• Advertisement

Hopefully he moves publisher with Del Toro and restarts work on PT.
    MGS has had enough, I think.

Yeah, I'd prefer for Kojima to start a whole new franchise from scratch. Take everything he's learnt from the MGS games and give us a new franchise to become fans of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

On another note, I wanted to play through the MGS series again, so I got Twin Snakes, it was awful. Went back and found my copy of MGS1 on PC and it is a million times better, even if it looks like ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's so annoying having this game on my hard drive already, just waiting till 00:01. Anyone interested it was €55 on the Xbox US marketplace after conversions and that.

I'm sceptical. We heard it all before with the fourth one which was definitely, definitely, definitely going to be his last MGS game.

He loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah, I'd prefer for Kojima to start a whole new franchise from scratch. Take everything he's learnt from the MGS games and give us a new franchise to become fans of.

He can start a new franchise after we get Z.O.E 3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Did we all miss the part where Konami has dumped Kojima? Z.O.E is pachinko fodder now. I can see him developing a new mecha IP though. I hope Shinkawa is sticking with him.

Del Toro has also said he's never touching another videogame ever again lol. Poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hela

The official piggyback guide seems to have already been sold in Spain, so get ready for full on spoilers soon.

Did we all miss the part where Konami has dumped Kojima?.

Nope. Let's see what happens when this sells a few million copies

Nope. Let's see what happens when this sells a few million copies

You understand that their primary business is pachinko and is hundreds if not thousands of times more profitable than this very expensive to produce series is, right? They cancelled Silent Hills on PS4 and announced a Silent Hill pachinko game 3 months later, what does that tell you?

Fact of the matter is, Kojima was too expensive for them. Multiple sources have spoken about how he'd do stuff like pay Hans Zimmer through the nose and then not even use the music, having him write even more. Kojima was notorious for being too expensive. Pachinko and Konami sports centres in Japan are astronomically more profitable while also keeping costs down. Kojima is done at Konami. Hell; outside of PES videogames might be done altogether at Konami.

Oh and ♡♡♡♡ Konami. :)

As I said, I've heard it all before. I suspect we'll be back here chatting Metal Gear Solid 6 in five years.

Must be a lot more people playing Ground Zeroes again. Took ages both connecting to the server and trying to load after completing a mission.

Just finished the main mission again, extracting all the prisoners, including the escaped one. Not f*cking easy, and more than once ran round a corner I thought was clear only to see a guard right in front of me. Going to try to extract all prisoners and targets from all the missions as practice for MGSV

As I said, I've heard it all before. I suspect we'll be back here chatting Metal Gear Solid 6 in five years.

Well it won't be developed by Kojima. And what have you 'heard all before'?

Be crazy if Konami sold the MGS rights with the condition they retain the right to use the IP in pachinko machines.

They sell the rights to a videogame they would never make, Sony an MS will go into a bidding war trying to get it as an exclusive.

Of course not for awhile, they want as much back on MGSV as they can.

rizzla wrote: »
    Be crazy if Konami sold the MGS rights with the condition they retain the right to use the IP in pachinko machines.

They sell the rights to a videogame they would never make, Sony an MS will go into a bidding war trying to get it as an exclusive.

Of course not for awhile, they want as much back on MGSV as they can.

Who has given any kind of indication that the IP will be sold of? It'll be pachinko'd for sure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Aren't they focusing on mobile games as well?

• Advertisement

Surprised they haven't done a mother base game similar to the fallout shelter game. Something which could have fed into MGSV.

That's more Squeenix's bag. They're balls deep in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

We'll get portable ops on mobile with micro transactions.

We'll get portable ops on mobile with micro transactions.

Apparently there already all microtransactions even in the SP of MGSV in the form of purchasable fulton pickups.

EDIT: This is the saddest damn picture. Worse than Capcom these guys.

http://t.co/p9Gcqrxxy1

Well it won't be developed by Kojima. And what have you 'heard all before'?

That there won't be any more games. That Kojima is done with it. And he never is. I've two mates who work/worked at Konami's London office - nowhere near the decision making level obviously and nowhere near the level where they'd know much more than the man in the street but they were adamant after MGS4 that that was it, that Kojima wasn't doing any more than Konami were moving on.

I understand that the situation in 2015 isn't the same as the one in 2010 and I understand the reasons why. I just strongly suspect I'll be bumping your posts in this thread in 2020. You disagree, that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

anyone know if the PC side will have dedicated servers for MGO?

That there won't be any more games. That Kojima is done with it. And he never is. I've two mates who work/worked at Konami's London office - nowhere near the decision making level obviously and nowhere near the level where they'd know much more than the man in the street but they were adamant after MGS4 that that was it, that Kojima wasn't doing any more than Konami were moving on.

I understand that the situation in 2015 isn't the same as the one in 2010 and I understand the reasons why. I just strongly suspect I'll be bumping your posts in this thread in 2020. You disagree, that's fine.

Do you understand what being fired entails?
    The rights to the property belong to Konami.
    I have an uncle in Nintendo too lol ;) and he's as full of ****e as you mates. They probably do the lunch run. I wouldn't take low level staff's word for it in Tokyo Midtown's head office never mind London lol.
    A Chinese firm that owns large chunks of the videogame industry have been in talks with him for a while now.

Do you understand what being fired entails?
    The rights to the property belong to Konami.
    I have an uncle in Nintendo too lol ;) and he's as full of ****e as you mates. They probably do the lunch run. I wouldn't take low level staff's word for it in Tokyo Midtown's head office never mind London lol.
    A Chinese firm that owns large chunks of the videogame industry have been in talks with him for a while now.

All Beefy is saying is that somehow, somewhere down the line, there's a chance we might possibly see Kojima working on another MGS game. And he's right. Who knows what might happen. Konami might try making their own MGS games, fail, then Kojima buys the licence, or another company buys the licence and brings Kojima on board. Or maybe Konami goes through a huge shift in personnel, whatever bridges were burnt gets repaired, and Kojima/Konami make up. Or they simply drive a truckload of money up to his house.

All Beefy is saying is that MGS is such a huge part of Kojima, that there's never a 0% chance of him never working on another MGS game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There will be another Metal Gear. With or without Kojima.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    There will be another Metal Gear. without Kojima.

Highly likely. Remakes, I'd wager, to start. Milk milk milk. But I won't be in for COD Metal Gear I'm afraid. MGSV is the last € Konami will be seeing from me.

Advertisement