Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If Konami make good games I'll pay. Same with all the other questionable publishers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

tok9 wrote: »
    If Konami make good games I'll pay. Same with all the other questionable publishers.

Those two sentences together are just sad. Knowing and not giving a ♡♡♡♡ regardless...

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Gamstop are doing a deal trade in your old ps4 plus 150 and the MGSV ps4.

Wright wrote: »
    Those two sentences together are just sad. Knowing and not giving a ♡♡♡♡ regardless...

I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it and pretend I won't buy another game from the same publisher just to keep people on a forum happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it and pretend I won't buy another game from the same publisher just to keep people on a forum happy.

Agreed. Hell, I f*cking hate Ubisoft. But if they release a great game that isn't broke and isn't filled to the gills with microtransactions, I'll buy it.

Same for Konami. Their internal practices may be extremely sh*tty, but f*ck it, if they release a great game, I'll buy a great game.

• Advertisement

How would any of that render you a hypocrite?
    Penn wrote: »
    Agreed. Hell, I f*cking hate Ubisoft. But if they release a great game that isn't broke and isn't filled to the gills with microtransactions, I'll buy it.

Same for Konami. Their internal practices may be extremely sh*tty, but f*ck it, if they release a great game, I'll buy a great game.

And ♡♡♡♡ anyone who slogged away on it, working crazy hours on it, sacrificing personal life and health just to be fired and treated like ♡♡♡♡, right?

And ♡♡♡♡ anyone who slogged away on it, working crazy hours on it, sacrificing personal life and health just to be fired and treated like ♡♡♡♡, right?

Okay, so I take it you're not buying MGSV then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Gamstop are doing a deal trade in your old ps4 plus 150 and the MGSV ps4.

That's a tempting deal. I need a new hard drive to back all my stuff up on beforehand though.

Okay, so I take it you're not buying MGSV then?

Don't answer a question with a question. Kindly answer this question.

I had the collectors edition pre-ordered way before the firing of Kojima. What did think you think was by 'any MORE money'? There's still royalties to be had by Kojima etc.

There are uncountable gamers out there picking up MSGV and after that not supporting the company anymore. They're not hypocrites. They're just disappointed consumers. They'd be hypocrites if they took this action but apologized for another company they really like doing the same damn thing.

Seriously boards needs a dictionary on the sidebar or something.

I had the collectors edition pre-ordered way before the firing of Kojima. What did think you think was by 'any MORE money'? There's still royalties to be had by Kojima etc.

There are uncountable gamers out there picking up MSGV and after that not supporting the company anymore. Their not hypocrites. They're just disappointed consumers. They'd be hypocrites if they took this action but apologized for another company they really like doing the same damn thing.

Seriously boards needs a dictionary on the sidebar or something.

You could cancel your preorder. Other than that, you're giving Konami money because you want to buy the game regardless of how they treat their employees. No point saying it's the last thing you'll buy from them or its because Kojima will get royalties, because that's irrelevant. These practices occurred during the making of this game, and you're still buying it.

Me? I don't give a f*ck. I'm already a demon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Regardless of how Konami treat their employees, I think not buying the game would be doing Kojima and the people within Kojima productions (rip) a disservice as I'm sure they worked very hard on it.

How would any of that render you a hypocrite?

I'm buying MGSV.. by buying that game alone you're being a hypocrite.

You could cancel your preorder.

Bought and paid for I'm afraid. Answer the question.
    I'm buying MGSV.. by buying that game alone you're being a hypocrite.

We desperately need a dictionary over here; that sentence made genuinely no sense. How does the first part corelate to the second part of what you just said?
    Regardless of how Konami treat their employees, I think not buying the game would be doing Kojima and the people within Kojima productions (rip) a disservice as I'm sure they worked very hard on it.

100% agree. I want Konami to look at sales figures of V and whatever stunted cash-in they release next with the MGS name and realize what they did to themselves ;)

We desperately need a dictionary over here; that sentence made genuinely no sense. How does the first part corelate to the second part of what you just said?

I'd be more concerned with your usage of quotes as I didn't say that first quote, that was you. You are correct though, they have nothing to do with eachother.

Bought and paid for I'm afraid. Answer the question.

I'm answering the question by making a point. You're valuing your desire to play the game above how the employees were treated. You could absolutely get a refund for the game if you wanted.

The computer or phone you're posting from? Employees probably treated like ****. The clothes you're wearing? Employees probably treated like ****. Hell there was a thread elsewhere on Boards recently about how badly Amazon treat their employees. Ever buy anything from Amazon? Going to buy anything from Amazon ever again?

Point is large companies everywhere treat their employees like ****. And yeah, sometimes I value my wants and needs above that. Just like you're making no effort to cancel your preorder of this game and get a refund, or arrange to sell your game on to someone else. Because you want to play the game more than you value what happened to the employees. Just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Anyone else not like the alarm response? You'd swear SOP is already invented. After they say, "Contact!" the alarm sounds and every soldier knows where you are. Shouldn't they have to radio it in? I don't mind nearby soldiers hearing the yelling and they can radio it in too in case you do manage to neutralise the one that spotted you. In fact I've headshotted a soldier after he said, "Contact" and did it just in time before the hivemind tapped into it and I got no alert. What the hell is this?

I also don't mind more advanced enemies later on using headsets and advanced formations or something where they'd know right away when one of them signals your presence.

I'd be more concerned with your usage of quotes as I didn't say that first quote, that was you. You are correct though, they have nothing to do with eachother.

I didn't say anything that doesn't make sense so it certainly wasn't me. It's your name above the quote too.
    I'm answering the question by making a point. You're valuing your desire to play the game above how the employees were treated. You could absolutely get a refund for the game if you wanted.

No. Answer the question by answering it. I cannot get a refund; was payed for with one of those pre-paid visas; they tend to be a very 'one way' method of payment.

The computer or phone you're posting from? Employees probably treated like ****. The clothes you're wearing? Employees probably treated like ****. Hell there was a thread elsewhere on Boards recently about how badly Amazon treat their employees. Ever buy anything from Amazon? Going to buy anything from Amazon ever again?

I am aware. And I actively avoid funding companies that get into the news this way. I don't shrug my damn shoulders and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

It was you who said it, post #637

So you say it, then change someone's name into the quote and pretend they said it? :confused:

tok9 is always right

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I didn't say anything that doesn't make sense so it certainly wasn't me. It's your name above the quote too.

No. Answer the question by answering it. I cannot get a refund; was payed for with one of those pre-paid visas; they tend to be a very 'one way' method of payment.

I am aware. And I actively avoid funding companies that get into the news this way. I don't shrug my damn shoulders and walk away.

You are considerate. Don't think the big companies could handle you walking away and shrugging your shoulders

• Advertisement

It was you who said it, post #637

So you say it, then change someone's name into the quote and pretend they said it? :confused:

Where do you think lying is going to get you exactly. I hit the reply button. Nothing was 'changed'. Everyone knows this. I know this. You know this.

Your drive-by post makes no sense. Alone? Am I a hypocrite for buying a copy without a chaperone? What????
    Soby wrote: »
    You are considerate. Don't think the big companies could handle you walking away and shrugging your shoulders

Boards is infested with facetious bull♡♡♡♡ drive-by posts like this, that offer NOTHING to do the discussion. Makes people feel like the big man I suppose.
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

You're lying through your teeth. Did you actually edit your original post? And are now trying to accuse others of doing so? That's pathetic. Honestly.

Your sentence made no grammatical sense? Try it again. If you're gonna drive-by, please make it coherent.

FOLKS. Let's just distill this down to its purest form so this trolling bull♡♡♡♡ doesn't drag on for another three pages.

People should try and be smart consumers. There are many facets to this. One is considering people other than yourself, in this case, those making the products you buy. Vote with your wallet as they say, if you hear Ariel is whipping their staff, maybe switch over the Daz? See? Easy concept. Don't shrug and expect others to do it for you.

In this case, a man, an auteur, who gave 30 years of his life and one of the most popular gaming I.P.'S in the world to his company has been royally shafted. They have taken his name off all images of the upcoming I.P. out of sheer spite. They also shafted his team for no reason other than association. So it stands to reason, they're a ****ty company. Though there's much more evidence to that. Now; people on this board fawn over the likes of MGS3 like its the second coming of Christ. But somehow, the persons who made it, aren't worth your consideration.

No one is saying 'don't buy MGSV'. Just that you should consider not giving Konami any of your money in future.

I actually don't even remember suggesting people do so, I kinda just remember saying that's what I'd be doing. Could be wrong though.

So in short, grown up, stop with the drive-by's, and show some responsibility. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Where do you think lying is going to get you exactly. I hit the reply button. Nothing was 'changed'. Everyone knows this. I know this. You know this.

Troll.

Boards is infested with facetious bull♡♡♡♡ drive-by posts like this, that offer NOTHING to do the discussion. Makes people feel like the big man I suppose.

The irony in this post. Do you actually read whats written by other people or just like the sound of your own voice and reading your own words.

Lets break it down slowly for you.

This is post 637

You will note its written by you..not by tok9 or anyone else. Take particular note to the second sentence you wrote.

Moving on, this is post 644

Again also written by you. However looking at the people you are quoting..and particularly the second quote you are saying its from tok9...when its actually the comment you made. You then proceed to question the post and say we need a dictionary over here..ill come back to that bit.

So to summarise, you are 'quoting' people when they didnt actually make the comment you are quoting in the first place. Something was changed. Everyone knows this. Well everyone apart from you. So where do you think lying is going to get you exactly?

Now back to the topic of dictionaries since you thing we should get one, lets looks at the Oxford dictionary, its a pretty recognised one I think we can all agree.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/spellcheck/english/?q=corelate - the word you are looking for is correlate

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/pay?q=payed#pay-2 - the word you are looking for is paid.

Just to be sure I looked up a second opinion on it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Payed

Axwell wrote: »
    The irony in this post. Do you actually read whats written by other people or just like the sound of your own voice and reading your own words.

Lets break it down slowly for you.

This is post 637

You will note its written by you..not by tok9 or anyone else. Take particular note to the second sentence you wrote.

Moving on, this is post 644

Again also written by you. However looking at the people you are quoting..and particularly the second quote you are saying its from tok9...when its actually the comment you made. You then proceed to question the post and say we need a dictionary over here..ill come back to that bit.

So to summarise, you are 'quoting' people when they didnt actually make the comment you are quoting in the first place. Something was changed. Everyone knows this. Well everyone apart from you. So where do you think lying is going to get you exactly?

Now back to the topic of dictionaries since you thing we should get one, lets looks at the Oxford dictionary, its a pretty recognised one I think we can all agree.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/spellcheck/english/?q=corelate - the word you are looking for is correlate

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/pay?q=payed#pay-2 - the word you are looking for is paid.

Just to be sure I looked up a second opinion on it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Payed

Are you a mod? Isn't spell checking people against the charter? Just y'know, while we're pointing out hypocrites. I'm on mobile and am typing fast, thanks for the corrections.

tok9 made a hella dumb drive by post that made no grammatical sense. I attached an image because I can't get to post links on mobile. That's it. It made no sense. At all. How does one having company when purchasing make them a hypocrite? He DID make the comment in the attached picture. HE did. Not me.

GET.

OVER.

IT.

:)

I feel the actual message might get lost so I'll post it again.

FOLKS. Let's just distill this down to its purest form so this trolling bull♡♡♡♡ doesn't drag on for another three pages.

People should try and be smart consumers. There are many facets to this. One is considering people other than yourself, in this case, those making the products you buy. Vote with your wallet as they say, if you hear Ariel is whipping their staff, maybe switch over the Daz? See? Easy concept. Don't shrug and expect others to do it for you.

In this case, a man, an auteur, who gave 30 years of his life and one of the most popular gaming I.P.'S in the world to his company has been royally shafted. They have taken his name off all images of the upcoming I.P. out of sheer spite. They also shafted his team for no reason other than association. So it stands to reason, they're a ****ty company. Though there's much more evidence to that. Now; people on this board fawn over the likes of MGS3 like its the second coming of Christ. But somehow, the persons who made it, aren't worth your consideration.

No one is saying 'don't buy MGSV'. Just that you should consider not giving Konami any of your money in future.

I actually don't even remember suggesting people do so, I kinda just remember saying that's what I'd be doing. Could be wrong though.

So in short, grown up, stop with the drive-by's, and show some responsibility. Smiley face.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Did you even look at the posts? Your own post made no sense, you misquoted tok9. You either cant see your own mistake or you are choosing to just ignore it. Whichever it is its pretty sad that you keep suggesting everyone but you is wrong and then trying to get the last word on it in before telling people to move along. When you arent on mobile you should probably read back over it till you see you actually made no sense in your post and misquoted tok9.

tok9 made a hella dumb drive by post that made no grammatical sense. I attached an image because I can't get to post links on mobile. That's it. It made no sense. At all. How does one having company when purchasing make them a hypocrite? He DID make the comment in the attached picture. HE did. Not me.

It would have made a lot more sense if you had just quoted that message instead of what you did do.

Let me explain very easily what I meant.

I'm going to assume you have bought Konami games in the past just as you are doing in the present.

Konami has been an awful publisher for some time now. We've seen this with the way they treated Iga, we've seen it with the terrible work they did on the Silent Hill HD collection, how they are a terrible company to deal with the press, etc. Just check out some Jim Sterling videos to hear more awful stuff on Konami for years now, not just a few months with Kojima.

You have already stated you have purchased MGS5 and yet you have the audacity to tell others how we should feel on Konami. Just have a look at yourself first.

You're being a hypocrite by purchasing this game. It's as simple as that. You cannot have it both ways where you purchase the game yet look down on people who purchase Pro Evolution Soccer or whatever else Konami publish. It's not very hard to stop purchasing content you don't want.

Also what is this drive-by you are referring to? I'm pretty sure I'm one of the posters with the most posts in this thread.
    GET.

OVER.

IT.

This isn't the first time you've posted "Get over it". What is it exactly that you want me/someone to get over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

rizzla wrote: »
    Surprised they haven't done a mother base game similar to the fallout shelter game. Something which could have fed into MGSV.

I checked the Play Store, there's actually a ground zeroes companion app that has a mother base game. Weird they did a companion app for GZ and not 5.

It would have made a lot more sense if you had just quoted that message instead of what you did do.

Nope. You are solely responsible for your own grammar. It was a dumb drive by, it's a strawman at this point, get over it. (That's what I want you tell get over.)

I'm going to assume you have bought Konami games in the past just as you are doing in the present.

Konami has been an awful publisher for some time now. We've seen this with the way they treated Iga, we've seen it with the terrible work they did on the Silent Hill HD collection, how they are a terrible company to deal with the press, etc. Just check out some Jim Sterling videos to hear more awful stuff on Konami for years now, not just a few months with Kojima.

Do you understand the difference between stupid actions and immoral actions? The Silent Hill ports were a stupid blunder, the CEO didn't deliberately order a broken product. But they deliberately screwed Kojima. Do you not see the difference in intent there? Seriously?

Is Iga the Castlevania guy? Never played those games. A fan of his work certainly has a right to do what I am discussing here. i.e. Not support Konami further, and the right to talk about it too.

You have already stated you have purchased MGS5 and yet you have the audacity to tell others how we should feel on Konami. Just have a look at yourself first.

You're being a hypocrite by purchasing this game. It's as simple as that.

The audacity! THE SHEER AUDACITY!!!1

No. It's not that simple at all is, had you read anything I've said. Money's gone. Before this all went down. And also, I'm not telling people to not buy MGSV. Seriously, go over to your bookshelf, and pick up a dictionary. Because you don't know what 'hypocrite' means. If I was buying this game post debacle, at the same time calling everyone who did the same an arsehole, THAT's a hypocrite. But I'm not doing that at all. Why screw Kojima and co. trying to get at Konami?
    All I'm saying is, people who like Kojima and his work probably shouldn't support those who shat all over it. Cancelled Silent Hills and then shat out a Silent Hill pachinko.

(And I'm not even sure I actually did say that others shouldn't, just that I wouldn't. Might have. But I'm not sure. Can't be arsed wading back on mobile.)

It's really common sense. But the elephant in the room is, you don't actually give a damn about the people that worked on the games you like. Just that these games keep coming.

Never mind, here it is. I'm the poster at the top as well. Note I did not tell anyone what to do. Just that its sad. Which I stand by. I feel its very sad that 0 ♡♡♡♡s are given over the people trampled over in this whole debacle.

#AHIDEOKOJIMAGAME :)

Nope. You are solely responsible for your own grammar. It was a dumb drive by, it's a strawman at this point, get over it. (That's what I want you tell get over.)

I genuinely don't understand what you're saying here.

Do you understand the difference between stupid actions and immoral actions? The Silent Hill ports were a stupid blunder, the CEO didn't deliberately order a broken product. But they deliberately screwed Kojima. Do you not see the difference in intent there? Seriously?

Yes I understand. Can you imagine how Konami treated it's employees during that port?

Is Iga the Castlevania guy? Never played those games. A fan of his work certainly has a right to do what I am discussing here. i.e. Not support Konami further, and the right to talk about it too.

Yes he is. Again this just shows that the argument only suits you when you care. Konami didn't just become ****ty over the last few months.
    No. It's not that simple at all is, had you read anything I've said. Money's gone.

You could just sell your preorder therefore preventing another sale.
    But I'm not doing that at all. Why screw Kojima and co. trying to get at Konami?
    All I'm saying is, people who like Kojima and his work probably shouldn't support those who shat all over it. Cancelled Silent Hills and then shat out a Silent Hill pachinko.

I have an issue with this paragraph because initially you are saying why screw Kojima but you finish with people who like Kojima shouldn't support Konami. You can't have your cake and eat it.
    It's really common sense. But the elephant in the room is, you don't actually give a damn about the people that worked on the games you like. Just that these games keep coming.

So I don't give a damn and you do... so what exactly is it that you are doing to help these people out?

• Advertisement

I genuinely don't understand what you're saying here.

No, you do. You don't want to. But that's different to not being able to.

Yes I understand. Can you imagine how Konami treated it's employees during that port?

The port was not done in house. It was done by Hijinx.

Either way its irrelevant. They could've been given muffins and massages all day and still produced a bad product. Chances are they were just inept. Or maybe they couldn't get source code. Bad product =/= bad work environment.

So again I am forced to ask; do you not get the difference between immoral and simply stupid? Because you said 'yes I understand', then immediately displayed that you actually don't understand at all.

Konami shafting Kojima and KojiPro= Intentional and immoral.

Konami not assisting Hijinx or giving them enough time/resources= Simply stupid.

Yes he is. Again this just shows that the argument only suits you when you care. Konami didn't just become ****ty over the last few months.

You're... criticizing me for not being into a series and therefore not following it? Am I expected to be tracking the movements of every developer or something? I already said if they shafted him that's also wrong so there's no 'when it suits me'. People can be unaware of things, generally. I believe that is allowed.

You could just sell your preorder therefore preventing another sale.

Again, you are not even reading my posts. No one said don't buy MGSV. No one. I'm re-attaching what I said. Try to read it this time. This is a dumb straw man that you're clinging to. Kojima and KojiPro deserve whatever spoils they can get from it. I'm not the only one who's said this.
    I have an issue with this paragraph because initially you are saying why screw Kojima but you finish with people who like Kojima shouldn't support Konami. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Yep. I can actually! Enjoy Kojima's magnum opus, then never give Konami another cent. Cake possession and ingestion. I won't be supporting Konami IN FUTURE is what I've said FROM THE BEGGINING.

Again... the image below...

So I don't give a damn and you do...

All the evidence is in this image, my poor confused son...

Advertisement