Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well I'll leave it so. Would have liked to seen the final trailer but screw that if there are spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    Well I'll leave it so. Would have liked to seen the final trailer but screw that if there are spoilers.

I'd nearly guess that what we think might be spoilers is just misdirection.

But at the same time, not a hope I'm watching it just in case. I'll watch it after I've finished the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I really hope FOBs can't be invaded unless the person is online. Seems unfair to not give them the chance to personally jump in and defend. Sure that's the fun part, too.

It was made very clear in the demo video that FOBs can be invaded when people are offline. In fact they recommended it for stealth raids.

The first two minutes is footage from previous games and that's where I stopped watching. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

tok9 wrote: »
    The first two minutes is footage from previous games and that's where I stopped watching. :)

Hahah I wouldn't even tempt myself, if I pressed play I'd have to watch the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It was made very clear in the demo video that FOBs can be invaded when people are offline. In fact they recommended it for stealth raids.

HAHA that's Durrrty!

Would be better still if there was an app where you'd get pinged if you were being raided. Imagine running out of Mass Sunday morning to get back and defend your FOB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    HAHA that's Durrrty!

Would be better still if there was an app where you'd get pinged if you were being raided. Imagine running out of Mass Sunday morning to get back and defend your FOB!

That's a brilliant idea, but even if you can maybe defend from your mobile device. Turns into a bit of an rts.

The trailer is class! All dem feels....

But there is a point where I feel like it's trying to reveal the true identity of a character (not trying to spoil it, just letting ye know for people who have been following this very closely that ye're probably better off avoiding in case it turns out to be an actual spoiler) Then it goes into a section from the new game that looks class

Spoilers from trailer!!!
    Metal Gear with a f*cking sword whip!!!! :pac:

HAHA that's Durrrty!

Well here's the thing - even if you're online, you're only going to be notified IF the intruder is spotted/detected. Either by camera, drones, IR sensors or visual contact. If the invader is stealthy enough, they can sneak in and rob a load of your crap without ever entering alert mode.

Well here's the thing - even if you're online, you're only going to be notified IF the intruder is spotted/detected. Either by camera, drones, IR sensors or visual contact. If the invader is stealthy enough, they can sneak in and rob a load of your crap without ever entering alert mode.

That actually sounds like a class mode.

• Advertisement

I'm going to be spending a lot of time invading. Love the idea of tackling someones base and god damn it Dark Souls has thought me well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Pretty emotional stuff watching the old games back there. We will miss you Kojima!!!

It's going to be trying to Fulton stuff out without being seen that'll be the killer there. You'll almost want to eliminate all staff on a strut before fultoning out containers/staff/weapons etc if you want to really remain unseen.

Penn wrote: »
    It's going to be trying to Fulton stuff out without being seen that'll be the killer there. You'll almost want to eliminate all staff on a strut before fultoning out containers/staff/weapons etc if you want to really remain unseen.

Well, the worm hole upgrade that was shown for the fulton system will make things a hell of a lot easier. But yeah, it seems like a really well thought out and challenging side-game.

Well, the worm hole upgrade that was shown for the fulton system will make things a hell of a lot easier. But yeah, it seems like a really well thought out and challenging side-game.

Aye, though I'm hoping that the wormhole fulton can only fulton soldiers (and maybe animals). If it can be used for containers/vehicles/weapons, then it's likely it's going to be too overpowered, particularly during invasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Tempted to buy console version for piece of arm must resist.....

Would the codes for the console dlc/extras work on pc. Ill be pc for this so no fancy collectors edition for me :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be avoiding that Hideo Kojima directed trailer like the plague. He likes to totally spoil everything in the game in his trailers, he's done it for all his games in the last 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Cant wait for this but before I get into it, im looking for a decent place to brush up on the Metal Gear lore.

I played 1 to death, can't really remember 2, played 3 and never played any of the rest.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go so I know what the hell is going on in MGS5? All this talk of Paz and Cipher in Ground zero made very little sense to me and Id no connection with them.

Should I care who This Zero/Cipher fella is all that much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

pittsburgh wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of the best price for the games itself in dublin?

Usually order of VGP but want this on day 1.

I presume GameStop will be dearest at 75?

Argos be any better?

Just saw in one of their new slim catalogue releases. €64 next gen 50 something last gen. Not terrible :)
    joe123 wrote: »

Zero/Cipher is Major Tom, your operations co-ordinator during MGS3. Him and Big Boss established the first version of The Patriots. Big Boss then got badly injured, fell into a coma, and Zero tried to clone him, fearing he'd die (the les enfants project). Big Boss came to and freaked out at this, they went their separate ways, and Zero establishes the Patriots.

Having said that, youtube movies are your best bet. Only good memory of Peace Walker and Solid 1 will be required to get most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I got my MGS special edition PS4 all paid off and hot to trot, well excited for tuesday now.

• Advertisement

HAHA that's Durrrty!

This needs to be a thing.

Pretty emotional stuff watching the old games back there. We will miss you Kojima!!!

Hearing the translated version of 'Best is yet to come' did it for me. Really hit home that it's actually over.

5e2f753184991e4a78800a037bd13940.gif
    Tempted to buy console version for piece of arm must resist.....

Would the codes for the console dlc/extras work on pc. Ill be pc for this so no fancy collectors edition for me :(

Unless you have this pre-ordered already I wouldn't be worried about dlc cross-buy :P But also no :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

would I have to pre-order this on ps4 ?? or will I be able to buy off the shelf Tuesday morning ?

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    would I have to pre-order this on ps4 ?? or will I be able to buy off the shelf Tuesday morning ?

You'll be fine for the standard edition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cant wait for this but before I get into it, im looking for a decent place to brush up on the Metal Gear lore.

I played 1 to death, can't really remember 2, played 3 and never played any of the rest.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go so I know what the hell is going on in MGS5? All this talk of Paz and Cipher in Ground zero made very little sense to me and Id no connection with them.

Pretend MGS4 never happened and you'll be grand and play MGS Peace Walker because it rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Any details on pre load yet? When or how big its going to be on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

If you go onto the comicstorian channel on YouTube he had a game section where he looks over the whole series

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Any details on pre load yet? When or how big its going to be on ps4

It's around 25GB (not including any patches). No idea if or when it pre loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Couldn't resist and had to watch the new trailer. As usual, made no sense at all. Love it.

• Advertisement

• Don't mind him Joe..... play MGS4

Advertisement