Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Found a copy for €37.99. Will probably go with that once I decide to buy after release week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

£37.75(€51) on thegamecollection

Never bought from them so don't know what they are like for delivery but is the cheapest I have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Please god Tesco dispatch it early too. I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday and I'll be gutted if I don't have it for Tuesday (UK Resident)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Konami have released the final launch trailer for the game. Which you can find here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI

*WARNING, READ BEFORE WATCHING IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT WATCHING*

The trailer shows two aspects to the game's story. It confirms something that fans have suspected about a certain character (a major spoiler if you havent already guessed it from previous trailers) and it extends a certain scene we saw in previous trailers.

So I would say "dont watch" if you dont really know much about the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone have a good link for the Peace Walker story recap. I'm seeing a lot of them but don't have 2-3 hours to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone have a good link for the Peace Walker story recap. I'm seeing a lot of them but don't have 2-3 hours to watch it.

Not strictly Peace Walker, but it helped me as a refresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If anyone is getting it from GAME, they have cancelled nearly 400 pre-orders due to a technical issue with their computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Man gamestop have it and the console in stock right now, it was killing me to see without being able to buy.

Thanks for the recap vid. I don't know whether to feel bad for Paz or not :confused::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Thanks for the recap vid. I don't know whether to feel bad for Paz or not :confused::)

No, traitorous scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There's tapes of hers you can listen to in Ground Zeroes from the main menu. Not sure if you have to do anything to unlock them or if they're just there. But they're basically her audio diary of the events of Peace Walker.

But you should feel bad for her. They snuck a snuke up her snizz.

Penn wrote: »
    There's tapes of hers you can listen to in Ground Zeroes from the main menu. Not sure if you have to do anything to unlock them or if they're just there. But they're basically her audio diary of the events of Peace Walker.

Ah yeah saw them must give a listen, want to know more about these poor chico and paz people.

The companion app for GZ is brilliant, found it better than the in-game map. I'm sure the app for V will be even better.

I found the in-game map to be perfectly fine and snappy when used with a mouse. I'd only want the app as displayable on a secondary monitor as a constant map feed rather than something to actually interact with. Mybe it's better than using sticks to place way-points and look around but it doesn't seem like it would be anymore than mouse input.

I'd definitely not want to use the app used as default like a phone app. Picking it up and looking away from the screen so deliberately would break some immersion and honestly be counter productive and least in displaying intel real-time.

For me on Console, everytime i open the map i have to look for where my actual position is, never centres on me. With app showing a constant map and real time up date of enemy positions when i spot them (well impressed with that) I'm finding it much easier to navigate by just glancing down at my phone.

I may have missed settings for the ingame map to make it work for me better, must check later.

^ Map feed like that really is delish. So disappoint they don't support it on steam. Would've cost the least amount of money and effort to implement it there. Here's hoping they update it. Oh well, still excited for the rest of the features. Maybe even mods could bring us something similarly cool.

Anyway I don't particularly remember having the kind of issues you mentioned with the in-game map. Then again I used it very little throughout all my gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Would love if they allowed a second window that could be displayed on a second monitor for the map. That would be brilliant, but I doubt it would ever happen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Would love if they allowed a second window that could be displayed on a second monitor for the map. That would be brilliant, but I doubt it would ever happen.

I'd love it if games starting using second monitors like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hela

Guys, are you aware of any shops in the city that might be selling the guide?
    Don't think that Gamestop carries them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Hela wrote: »
    Guys, are you aware of any shops in the city that might be selling the guide?
    Don't think that Gamestop carries them anymore.
    Order it off Amazon and get the CE guide.

• Advertisement

Order it off Amazon and get the CE guide.

"Pre-ordered
    Delivery estimate: Thursday, 10 September 2015 - Friday, 11 September 2015"

Don't know if I want to wait that long to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Hela wrote: »
    "Pre-ordered
    Delivery estimate: Thursday, 10 September 2015 - Friday, 11 September 2015"

Don't know if I want to wait that long to be honest.
    Are you getting it delivered to your house or using parcel Motel I am getting it through parcel motel and it said it should be here Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's a Bank Holiday in the UK on Monday so that may delay orders. I hope they ship early to cover for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Playing through peach walker atm and mother of god some of the boss fights are infuriating,
    I just can not get passed the second fight with peach walker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Playing through peach walker atm and mother of god some of the boss fights are infuriating,
    I just can not get passed the second fight with peach walker.

Sounds like your weapons are underpowered. You need to develop them further or develop better ones. The easiest way to beat Peace Walker is with the infinity bandana and a M47( Rank 5 [GMP 465700, R&D 98] - M47 Design Specs -> Extra Ops 111/Complete with S Rank).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Slight bit off topic I guess, but hoping someone can clear this up for me in here.

I haven't played MGS since GOTP, and considering finally getting a PS4 now that prices are coming down here in Vancouver. Should I start with Ground Zeros before The Phantom Pain? And should I get up to speed with Peace Walker before that even?

I am quite lost with the MGS universe but the new generation games just look too good to pass up on.

Thanks.

If anyone has a link or something explaining what the hell is going on, that might be of more help.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Slight bit off topic I guess, but hoping someone can clear this up for me in here.

I haven't played MGS since GOTP, and considering finally getting a PS4 now that prices are coming down here in Vancouver. Should I start with Ground Zeros before The Phantom Pain? And should I get up to speed with Peace Walker before that even?

I am quite lost with the MGS universe but the new generation games just look too good to pass up on.

Thanks.

If anyone has a link or something explaining what the hell is going on, that might be of more help.

I'd definitely play Ground Zeroes before The Phantom Pain. It's a direct prologue to the events of TPP and will help you get used to the new gameplay mechanics and controls. It's only €20 on the PS Store (was originally €40), though you could likely pick it up cheaper again second hand.

As for Peace Walker, I think you're safe enough skipping it, though you'd be best watching some sort of story recap video or reading the wikia. It's not as much of a direct tie-in to TPP as Ground Zeroes is, but it's still one of the main series titles so will definitely be referenced multiple times in TPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gamestop still sells guides I think. Won't be cheap though, the guide for majoras mask 3D was like 25 euro.

Gamestop still sells guides I think. Won't be cheap though, the guide for majoras mask 3D was like 25 euro.

I don't think I'd get the guide until I've finished the whole story and start going for the 100%/platinum/S-ranks. Kinda defeats the purpose of the open world and "carry out missions however you like" nature of the game if it's giving you all the tips & tricks which will likely direct you down the optimum route in each mission. Hopefully then the guide will be a bit cheaper too.

• Advertisement

Is there any chance to get the game early in Dublin?
    Any precedent for that in the past?

Advertisement