Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Hela wrote: »
    Is there any chance to get the game early in Dublin?
    Any precedent for that in the past?

Little to no chance, theres no precedent far as I'm aware anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Years ago I got called for Final Fantasy IX the night before release but that was EB games (on Nassau Street; good times...).

No harm in going around before closing the evening before and asking.

We really need a decent independent contemporary gaming store in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Back in the day when I used to buy physical I'd walk into a few shops an example would be I'd go into Gamestop and say HMV have this on sale already. It's 5 euro more than what you have advertised, so obviously I'd wanna buy it from you if you'd sell it, if not though I guess I'll pay the fiver premium to have it now.

It worked twice. I'd say they wouldn't do it anymore. I think the rule used to be if one outlet broke street date others could without fear of repercussion due to the fact they could be loosing out on sales.

If you are going to do it I'd say try and speak to the most timid looking member of staff, say it with confidence and do it early in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

rizzla wrote: »
    If you are going to do it I'd say try and speak to the most timid looking member of staff, say it with confidence and do it early in the day.

Ok, do not do this anybody. You will get some poor naive staff member in a lot of trouble if he sells it to you. Not very nice dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Read that if someone invades your FOB and you are either in the middle of a mission that you don't want to quit or know you don't have time to defend against, you can check your friends list and send an invite to help stop the invasion in your place, fairly class.

• Advertisement

Ok, do not do this anybody. You will get some poor naive staff member in a lot of trouble if he sells it to you. Not very nice dude!

Give over lol.

Having said that, just ask anyone. The evening before just before closing would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

rizzla wrote: »
    Back in the day when I used to buy physical I'd walk into a few shops an example would be I'd go into Gamestop and say HMV have this on sale already. It's 5 euro more than what you have advertised, so obviously I'd wanna buy it from you if you'd sell it, if not though I guess I'll pay the fiver premium to have it now.

It worked twice. I'd say they wouldn't do it anymore. I think the rule used to be if one outlet broke street date others could without fear of repercussion due to the fact they could be loosing out on sales.

I used to work in Game years ago, if you did that we would just ring HMV and ask them if they're selling it. Fairly easy to rumble your plan.

I used to work in Game years ago, if you did that we would just ring HMV and ask them if they're selling it. Fairly easy to rumble your plan.

Persistence :) Only worked twice but tried countless times. Damn that was sad times.

Although if I was working in HMV and got that call I'd be like yep we're selling it, why would I want to help the competition. Then we wouldn't be the ones breaking street date first. If you asked my name I'd say Snake Pliskin :pac:

Only 5 days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Kinda funny games on YouTube are posting let's play videos already. They have three up already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

SimplyGames have started shipping out copies already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I emailed Tesco Direct and they guaranteed that I'd have it for Tuesday regardless of the Bank Holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Won't be able to play this for a LONG time until after launch. Moving to Manchester and wont have any internet to download and activated the game on Steam. Who knows when I'll get to play it.

Should've gotten it on PS4...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Won't be able to play this for a LONG time until after launch. Moving to Manchester and wont have any internet to download and activated the game on Steam. Who knows when I'll get to play it.

c7NJRa2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Am seriousl;y tempted to get it on both. The OH will kill me...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

My copy was just dispatched from thegamecollection. Got it for 52

My copy was just dispatched from thegamecollection. Got it for 52

Where is it coming from? If it's the UK very good chance of getting it by Monday I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah my copy just dispatched from TGC as well. Hoping it arrives tomorrow or saturday. If it doesn't then it will definitely be tuesday due to the bank holiday over here.

Could always buy both, beauty of consoles are trade ins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

does GZ come with TPP?

I thought GZ was similar to tanker in MGS2 and they just sold it early separately to satiate the masses?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

does GZ come with TPP?

I thought GZ was similar to tanker in MGS2 and they just sold it early separately to satiate the masses?

No GZ you have to buy separate.

• Advertisement

does GZ come with TPP?

On PC preorders it does, not with all sales.

It was released separate to make cold hard $€£¥₩. Though the cost of developing Fox Engine and massive scale of the overal project justifies it just a little.

Also Kojima wanted to mess with people and do the whole replacing dialogue audio on TPP's release day I assume.

While half of the tanker was released 'free', it was the main draw and a great way for Konami to push a new I.P. Ground Zeroes is more content than can be expected for free. It shouldn't have been 40 though, more like 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

so i should complete ground zero before completing TPP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Read that if someone invades your FOB and you are either in the middle of a mission that you don't want to quit or know you don't have time to defend against, you can check your friends list and send an invite to help stop the invasion in your place, fairly class.

Did you not watch the entire trailer that went explained FOBs? You seem literally amazed by everything that was described :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Went into Gamestop today for I think the first time since I got my launch day PS4, turns out I still had E40 credit, so pre ordered the console bundle, worked out E110 along with trading in my old PS4, pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did you not watch the entire trailer that went explained FOBs? You seem literally amazed by everything that was described :pac:

Missed that haha, must go back and watch it without trying to look at 2 other screens at the same time :)

Also, I'm very late to the bandwagon, only jumped on last week so haven't been looking up vides from the last year or so :)

so i should complete ground zero before completing TPP ?

Absolutely.

Weird how much we've had to field that question in the last week lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Have the collectors edition preordered from gamestop. If it doesn't arrive at my door on Tuesday I will be furious!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Missed that haha, must go back and watch it without trying to look at 2 other screens at the same time :)

Also, I'm very late to the bandwagon, only jumped on last week so haven't been looking up vides from the last year or so :)

Two great Gameplay videos. First one shows different ways to approach one mission using different buddies/weapons/approaches. Second one details some of the stuff you can do at Mother Base as well as the FOB invasions. Both well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Sounds like your weapons are underpowered. You need to develop them further or develop better ones. The easiest way to beat Peace Walker is with the infinity bandana and a M47( Rank 5 [GMP 465700, R&D 98] - M47 Design Specs -> Extra Ops 111/Complete with S Rank).

Finally beat it, think i had the bare minimum but got it in the end. This was my first time giving Peach Walker a proper go and there's some really good ideas in it. I can see the mother base component being hugely addictive in tpp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Man if simplygames and the like do deliver this early, I might start using them along with a parcel motel.

Advertisement